Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

demusicman

It will be interesting to see how The Disciplinary Committee handle things when they sit down to review this match. Interesting times ahead.

StGallsGAA

QuoteIt will be interesting to see how The Disciplinary Committee handle things when they sit down to review this match. Interesting times ahead.

Since Louth have shown themselves to be men enough to acccpet and move on without resorting to legal action then the GAA should reciprocate the gesture by overlooking any breaches of discipline that resulted from their man in black making a complete balls of things.  No players should be punished given their understandable anger and suich a ridiculous decision.

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

demusicman

Exceptional circumstances I do believe.
Also were there not mistakes made by the G.A.A  not given more protection to the Ref.no matter what errors were made by him ?

Main Street

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 15, 2010, 01:13:22 PM
What I really meant to say is (shades of Brian Cowan here) that Hardy and EG are extremely able and level - headed debaters who can present their respective arguments in a logical and well- organised manner.
Their arguments are always interesting to read and especially so when they lose the plot, as they often do.

Do you think I've managed to please everybody? ;D

Damned with faint praise.

Fuzzman

I had a quick look at the match highlights last night again and using freeze frame there were a few lads who really had it in for the ref and the linesman.
One big huge lad in particular who attacked him from behind with his shoulder and then came back in for a 2nd and third time

Surely this lad will get a life time ban from Croke Park along with the other lads who are very obvious on video
I just listened there to RTE sport at 7 podcasts and some interesting views passed there
http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_sportat7.xml

As we all expected the mistake was admitted but nothing was done about it
Like many have said players train hard for months and when you lose like this it leaves a sour taste in your mouth

Its not til it happens to you yourself that you can really appreciate it.

Some say you can be interfering with the result as that will set a precedence then but surely that's the problem
As a precedence hasnt been set before maybe now is the time to do this
As it was such an obvious mistake that the ref missed then he the ref should be given the choice to whether it should be corrected or not.

Others are saying if you bring this in now then its a can of worms for all decisions but I think that is should be up to the ref if he wants video help or not. When something happens on the field I think a video ref should be able to bring it to the Refs attention right away so he stops the match. Signals to the TV ref as the rugby lads do and then the ref is seen as making the call with the assistance of video evidence
In this way he will no longer be the only one that does not have video evidence and so he will make less mistakes and so not feel so isolated or scared of making mistakes. Everyone happy that the right decision was made
Only the Ref can request to use the video evidence though so if the TV ref sees a punch off the ball and radios this to the ref, the ref has to choose whether to ignore it or act on it.

Then at club level the ref doesnt have the video evidence and is not wired to the other officials so as the standard of football decreases, so does the level of referring.

Farrandeelin

Hardy, Lar and Jinxy. It was all down to me saying I'd go mental. :o Sorry lads...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 15, 2010, 05:27:36 PM
Hardy, Lar and Jinxy. It was all down to me saying I'd go mental. :o Sorry lads...

Fret not, my son, you won't be going mental anytime soon.
Well, not unless you back up a good deal and then come forward again. After all, how can anyone go anywhere or anything when he has well and truly arrived there a long time ago?  ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

muppet

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 15, 2010, 08:56:22 PM

Well, not unless you back up a good deal and then come forward again. After all, how can anyone go anywhere or anything when he has well and truly arrived there a long time ago?  ;D

Did he ever leave?
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 15, 2010, 08:56:22 PM

:D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mylestheslasher

So how are the celebrations going down in Meath?

I predict that the conscience of some of their players will get in the way during their next match and they will be beaten.

Hardy - You called me a c**k in a previous thread, care to explain why? Did I cut a bit close to the bone or is just the thick ignorant Meath man trying to come out in you?

RedandGreenSniper

Despite 1996 I have never had much hostility towards Meath but it seems a lot of counties have it in for the Royals, even when they've done little wrong, as is the case here. Are Meath the Roscommon of Leinster?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

DB_An_Mhi

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 15, 2010, 11:06:13 PM
So how are the celebrations going down in Meath?

I predict that the conscience of some of their players will get in the way during their next match and they will be beaten.

Celebrations are usually short lived anyway. We are more concerned with defining history - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leinster_Senior_Football_Championship - Job done, so it's on to the next challenge.

I'm sure Joe will score a spectacular (legitimate) goal before this championship season is out. A memorable one for all the right reasons.

ross matt

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 15, 2010, 11:34:06 PM
Despite 1996 I have never had much hostility towards Meath but it seems a lot of counties have it in for the Royals, even when they've done little wrong, as is the case here. Are Meath the Roscommon of Leinster?
Good question sniper. Are Louth the Mayo of Leinster? Hmmmm.... need to lose a few more finals first I suppose.