Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pkerin

There you go again. I think you were dumped by a Louth Girl.

moysider

Quote from: hardstation on July 14, 2010, 12:24:39 AM
Quote from: moysider on July 14, 2010, 12:21:26 AM
Quote from: Zapatista on July 14, 2010, 12:03:10 AM
BTW congrats to meath on their decision not to hold a replay. It was the braver decision.

It certainly was the braver decision. The correct one( for them)? well, time will tell.

But the whole sorry episode is damaging to the game in general. Mostly because it backs up grassroot feelings about the GAA. Might is right. If the shoe was on the other foot and Louth took the stance that Meath did, then there would be considerable sympathy for them. The view out there though is that Louth CB would have been coerced into/not thick enough to refuse a replay. It is unfortunate that this is seen as another example of the small guy getting patted on the head for his efforts.
You just made that up. You haven't a f**king clue what the Louth County Board would have done. Stop pretending you do.

I dont spend all day on this laptop hardstation. I talked to alot of people today/this evening about this. Most views on here are very restrained compared to what is being expressed out there. I would have hoped Louth CB would have declined a replay, even though it would have been equally as stained. I have my doubts though.

pkerin

I hope these two teams meet again this year. That would be a crazy game!

Louth Exile

Quote from: moysider on July 14, 2010, 12:31:57 AM
BTW congrats to meath on their decision not to hold a replay. It was the braver decision.

It certainly was the braver decision. The correct one( for them)? well, time will tell.

But the whole sorry episode is damaging to the game in general. Mostly because it backs up grassroot feelings about the GAA. Might is right. If the shoe was on the other foot and Louth took the stance that Meath did, then there would be considerable sympathy for them. The view out there though is that Louth CB would have been coerced into/not thick enough to refuse a replay. It is unfortunate that this is seen as another example of the small guy getting patted on the head for his efforts.
You just made that up. You haven't a f**king clue what the Louth County Board would have done. Stop pretending you do.

I dont spend all day on this laptop hardstation. I talked to alot of people today/this evening about this. Most views on here are very restrained compared to what is being expressed out there. I would have hoped Louth CB would have declined a replay, even though it would have been equally as stained. I have my doubts though.

Well sure elaborate for the craic
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

pkerin

Inspiration for the most part. Peter Fitz can really get you going. There are no egos on the team, just a very hard working bunch of men that have a single cause, or a drive. Yea we have sucked for a long time and maybe this will all be short lived, but Fitz sure gets those boys to play hard and maybe even play above themselfs.

moysider

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 14, 2010, 12:37:12 AM

I wont exile. By the way fair play to you for being so reasonable about all this. I m at the far side of the country and people are not happy. Mostly it s seen as the small guy being shafted. There is no sympathy for the ref.

Louth Exile

Quote from: moysider on July 14, 2010, 12:44:04 AM
Quote from: Louth Exile on July 14, 2010, 12:37:12 AM

I wont exile. By the way fair play to you for being so reasonable about all this. I m at the far side of the country and people are not happy. Mostly it s seen as the small guy being shafted. There is no sympathy for the ref.

Fair play to you Moysider, you are right not to, I just threw that in there in a moment of weakness!

Quote from: ONeill on July 14, 2010, 12:37:25 AM
Hold on a second here. I implore everyone to stand back and think about this: How the feck did Louth get to a Leinster final and nearly win the feckin thing? 2 years ago they were dung.
Got well rid of Eamonn Mc Eaneney and his negativity. Fitzer has them super fit and like the Banty has a good support team. Has them playing proper 15 against 15 football, direct ball into the forward line. a lot of it is not rocket science. The question is more, how were we so bad 2 years ago?
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Blue and Navy

Just thinking to myself, with all the hooha et al surrounding the teams, does this copperfasten a sympathy All Star for Louth at the end of the year, while ensuring that it would take a hat trick in every game from here til the final for Sheridan even to be considered for one. Of course thats not to say Louth might fully deserve one by the year's end.

moysider

Quote from: hardstation on July 14, 2010, 12:38:18 AM

It's easy to say what the 'other side' should do and 'we would if the shoe was on the other foot'. I don't think Louth would offer a replay but I don't know and nor do you. Again, stop pretending you do.

I wasn't pretending I do. I dont. I was speculating a bit  - based on previous. But a lot of people out there are seeing and talking conspiracy, bullies, etc. If you re from a football area go and listen to what people are saying. You might not agree with them and you might think they are off the wall but it s not that simple. When it comes down to public opinion perception becomes reality, unfortunate and all as that may be.

Blue and Navy

Right, I'm convinced now. Certain penalty

For a knock-on by the Louth defender is it??

moysider

Quote from: Blue and Navy on July 14, 2010, 12:56:22 AM
Just thinking to myself, with all the hooha et al surrounding the teams, does this copperfasten a sympathy All Star for Louth at the end of the year, while ensuring that it would take a hat trick in every game from here til the final for Sheridan even to be considered for one. Of course thats not to say Louth might fully deserve one by the year's end.

All Stars?? Do they still do them?  The Rose of Tralee pagent has as much credibility. An All Star award has as much cred as a Leinster senior winners medal.

Blue and Navy

Louth Exile

Quote from: hardstation on July 14, 2010, 12:52:23 AM
Just had another look, fair call for a penalty right enough.
:D  WUM

Quote from: Blue and Navy on July 14, 2010, 12:56:22 AM

Paddy Keenan has to be top of the pile at the moment for an all star as things stand. Leaving all the sympathy out of it. He was a complete class apart in the Longford game, head and shoulders above every other player out there that day. Superb again against Kildare, MOM against Westmeath and looking back at the full game from Sunday, how they didn't give him the MOM (which was going to go to a Louth man) is beyond me. There is nothing in Mc Auleys performance that warranted him getting close to MOM and certainly not coughing up possession on the run of to the "incident". How Boylan overlooked him for Ireland panels always left me gobsmacked. When Louth dominated the middle period at the start of the second half on Sunday he was to the fore. He got a good point at teh start of the game. But watch back the last ten minutes of play as Meath are coming at us in droves, its him that is repelling most of the attacks, right down to an amazing block on Kenny's shot at goal. No sympathy needed here, unless two outstanding candidates rise from the remainder of the championship he is a shoe in for me! Another strong performance in the next game, after the adversity of Sunday should seal the deal. I don't want to hear any talk of sympathy all stars!

moysider

Quote from: Blue and Navy on July 14, 2010, 01:04:16 AM
Right, I'm convinced now. Certain penalty

For a knock-on by the Louth defender is it??

/

That would only be a scrum - unless it was deliberate?

Blue and Navy

Fair point Louth Exile, its very true and midfield also has been poor enough in terms of real contenders maybe bar last year for a while, but remember as well between them the All Ireland finalists will get 10 awards at least, the Stephen Cluxton All Star award for being Stephen Cluxton will probably go to the Dublin keeper, Stephen Cluxton, Tommy Walsh (Kilkenny) is surely due one in the football at some stage, so if Louth were to exit in the next round......possible if they get unlucky and get Cork...then i don't know if even the good early performances will swing it, cos your looking at semi-finalists then as well for a few places.