Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onlooker

IMO natural justice demands that the title should be awarded to Louth.  How can it be done?.  I am not sure of the procedure, but surely the referee's report is a major issue in trying to sort this mess.  How can the ref. maintain that Meath scored a legitimate goal to-day.  If he is to retain any little credibility he has to admit in his report that a goal was not scored.  The only question that can arise then is should there be a replay or should the title be awarded to Louth.  IMO Louth should certainly be awarded the title.  It is the only fair outcome.  No team wants to win a Championship in the boardroom, but it has happened from time to time over the years and it is also true that no team wants to win a Championship in the manner in which Meath won today.  The attacks on the referee are a different issue.  They were completely out of order, but can not have any impact on the decision of the Leinster Council.  That is my take on this sorry episode.

Zapatista

This is going beyond rediculous but it's only day one so it's somewhat expected. The result should stand. For some reason the Country is expected to have a heart for a louth team that haven't won a Leinster title in over 50 years. I think if this game had have been against the dubs who would have been going for six in a row the result would stand (which would be right). Louth desreve no special treatment. I fully understand their heartache but not winning a title in 50 years should put no burden on the GAA or the Ref.

muppet

Quote from: Mac2 on July 11, 2010, 10:44:00 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 09:35:58 PM
Quote from: Mac2 on July 11, 2010, 09:22:29 PM

You said the above in the context of the cup being awarded to Louth after the fact. You dont' care about reasons, just give them the cup then & see the consequences further down the line when other contentious situations arise.

Can you not just make your own point without trying to put words in my mouth?

If Meath win based on that goal then the game has no integrity. Is it so difficult for you that that is my opinion?

Exactly how I am trying to put words in your mouth? I asked you what should happen now, should the cup be given to Louth, you said yes. So where's the mechanism for doing this or are you just content to keep moralising about integrity.

'You don't care about reasons' is putting words in my mouth. I never said that.

There are lots of precedents as I and others have already pointed out.

Soccer has done nothing to address its integrity issues and we have ended up with the diving and rolling around that we all hate. Rugby has at least tried to address its integrity issues and the Gaa would be wise to follow suit.

MWWSI 2017

Mac2

Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 10:56:51 PM

You said the above in the context of the cup being awarded to Louth after the fact. You dont' care about reasons, just give them the cup then & see the consequences further down the line when other contentious situations arise.

If Meath win based on that goal then the game has no integrity. Is it so difficult for you that that is my opinion?

Exactly how I am trying to put words in your mouth? I asked you what should happen now, should the cup be given to Louth, you said yes. So where's the mechanism for doing this or are you just content to keep moralising about integrity.

Soccer has done nothing to address its integrity issues and we have ended up with the diving and rolling around that we all hate. Rugby has at least tried to address its integrity issues and the Gaa would be wise to follow suit.

Muppet enought already it's time to watch the Sunday Game

mckieran

QuoteSome of the lads comparing Joe Sheridan to Thierry Henry would want to wise up.

Whats the difference?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mckieran on July 11, 2010, 11:03:25 PM
QuoteSome of the lads comparing Joe Sheridan to Thierry Henry would want to wise up.

Whats the difference?
Henry had the decency to admit he cheated and to act embarrassed.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Bogball XV

if he'd awarded a penalty as he seems to think he would have, surely they'd have taken the point?

muppet

Quote from: Mac2 on July 11, 2010, 11:00:03 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 10:56:51 PM

Muppet enought already it's time to watch the Sunday Game

Speak for yourself.
MWWSI 2017

sammymaguire

the Louth no.10 should not have tackled the full back in the small square to let Joe Sheridan get the ball  :-\
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Archie Mitchell

muppet

Quote from: sammymaguire on July 11, 2010, 11:10:11 PM
the Louth no.10 should not have tackled the full back in the small square to let Joe Sheridan get the ball  :-\

I thought exactly the same thing at the time.
MWWSI 2017

mckieran

QuoteHenry had the decency to admit he cheated and to act embarrassed. 

Exactly, Just saw Sheridan smirking at a Louth player after the incident. Not so sure theres any place for that in the game either.

Bogball XV

the most obvious square ball i've seen in a long time, sheridan backed into the square - it doesn't matter that he didn't end up with the ball, man in square before ball is square ball afaik.

Zapatista

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 11, 2010, 11:10:41 PM
Definitely wasn't a square ball anyway.

That's what I thought. Spillane needs to have a look at his own wrong decisions before he starts on others.

INDIANA

Quote from: Jinxy on July 11, 2010, 10:41:37 PM
Some clown on ResDubs reckons Joe Sheridan should be banned for life!  :D
They're all coming out of the woodwork.

Jinxy how can you celebrate that. I'd have refused to get the cup if I was Crawford. I wonder would Flynn, O Rourke and Co would have done. There is no celebration in that. Sheridan ought to be ashamed of himself. Have the balls to say you threw it in.