Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full moon

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 11, 2010, 04:28:22 PM
Quote from: Boycey on July 11, 2010, 04:15:07 PM
Quote from: full moon on July 11, 2010, 04:13:31 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 04:07:48 PM
The moral of the story is that cheating wins in Gaa.
In every sport.

Meath have stooped to new lows today. Sheridan has no place on a GAA field after this, Meath even robbed him from his true county.

It's all about power in this sport. Big names like Meath have power and can buy out the players and officials from other smaller counties. Time and time again we have seen this.

I doubt if more than half of the Meath players are even from Meath.

You sir are an idiot...

+1

Mayo man trying to keep "them" in power. No suprise the big cheeses in Mayo and Meath sticking up for each other.

O'Mahoney can represent Meath, he has nothing to work with in Mayo..

tyroneman

Sheridan swung his leg at the ball (albeit he missed) so there is a possibility this, combined with players obscuring his view, caused Sludden to give a goal by mistake. His umpires however have no excuse whatsoever. They have let him down big time.  How they can fail to spot the ball being thrown across the line is scandalous.

All that being said. There is no place in the GAA for thugs abusing the ref. It is an amateur sport, refs get called all the. B@stares of the day by many who contribute nothing to the sport and receive no pay or indeed even thanks for their trouble.

up tyrone

Back to the game 14 wides ,missed goal chances,dropping the ball into the goalies hands we shouldnt be talking about this now game shud have been long over.Their will be no replay,every time theirs a bad decision will be calling for a replay look at the penalty wexford got yesterday you could say it cost galway the game yesterday.Human errors happen as bad as it was.

snoopdog

Quote from: full moon on July 11, 2010, 04:25:43 PM
Quote from: thejuice on July 11, 2010, 04:21:18 PM
Not celebrating the win. Feel bad for louth. Bad day for officials. Bad day for the gaa. Will say more when i get home. Louth should be champions.

Fair play, you can be added to the list of people in Meath that deserve any respect.

- You
- Graham Geraghty

full moon you are an idiot, move to the hogan stand chat room where there are loads of k.nobs like you. dumbfcuk

SLIGONIAN

Those men who attacked the ref i can understand why they did it, none of them hit him, it was few shoves here and there. Those men were all in there 50s grown men not thugs. The pain of all those yrs and to be robbed like that.

NO ONE CAN TELL ME THE UMPIRE AND REF DIDNT SEE WHAT HAPPENED, They knew fine well it was no goal. How are ye even questioning there eye sight, it has to be the most clear cut cheating by officiials i have ever seen.. I dont blame meath but I wouldnt want win any title that way.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Bogball XV

what did sheridan say? 
I feel very sorry for louth, an awful injustice, but if it'd been the other way round i'd have been happy enough and wouldn't be calling for a replay.  It's difficult, i certainly wouldn't blame sheridan (but then i thought what henry and suarez did was fair enough too) but you'd really have to question whether or not the umpires have a clue as to the rules of the game, also, i was sure i heard a whistle when the ball was going in in the first place? 
Louth should have had the game long over, but it wasn't to be.  Cruel, but that's why sport is so popular.

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: full moon on July 11, 2010, 04:32:35 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 11, 2010, 04:28:22 PM
Quote from: Boycey on July 11, 2010, 04:15:07 PM
Quote from: full moon on July 11, 2010, 04:13:31 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 04:07:48 PM
The moral of the story is that cheating wins in Gaa.
In every sport.

Meath have stooped to new lows today. Sheridan has no place on a GAA field after this, Meath even robbed him from his true county.

It's all about power in this sport. Big names like Meath have power and can buy out the players and officials from other smaller counties. Time and time again we have seen this.

I doubt if more than half of the Meath players are even from Meath.

You sir are an idiot...

+1

Mayo man trying to keep "them" in power. No suprise the big cheeses in Mayo and Meath sticking up for each other.

O'Mahoney can represent Meath, he has nothing to work with in Mayo..

WTF are you on?

Sligonian, I thought you'd grown out of that sort of stuff as well...and why exactly can't grown men be thugs - clearly these ones are?
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

pintsofguinness

Quote from: up tyrone on July 11, 2010, 04:35:08 PM
Back to the game 14 wides ,missed goal chances,dropping the ball into the goalies hands we shouldnt be talking about this now game shud have been long over.Their will be no replay,every time theirs a bad decision will be calling for a replay look at the penalty wexford got yesterday you could say it cost galway the game yesterday.Human errors happen as bad as it was.
THere's a difference between human error and sheer incompetence/cheating
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 11, 2010, 04:36:20 PM
what did sheridan say? 
I feel very sorry for louth, an awful injustice, but if it'd been the other way round i'd have been happy enough and wouldn't be calling for a replay.  It's difficult, i certainly wouldn't blame sheridan (but then i thought what henry and suarez did was fair enough too) but you'd really have to question whether or not the umpires have a clue as to the rules of the game, also, i was sure i heard a whistle when the ball was going in in the first place
Louth should have had the game long over, but it wasn't to be.  Cruel, but that's why sport is so popular.

Yeah, myself and the wife heard the same in 'real' time.

mc_grens

Not celebrating the win. Feel bad for louth. Bad day for officials. Bad day for the gaa. Will say more when i get home. Louth should be champions.

Good stuff. Fair play.

full moon

Quote from: snoopdog on July 11, 2010, 04:35:32 PM
Quote from: full moon on July 11, 2010, 04:25:43 PM

Fair play, you can be added to the list of people in Meath that deserve any respect.

- You
- Graham Geraghty

full moon you are an idiot, move to the hogan stand chat room where there are loads of k.nobs like you. dumbfcuk

I think your username says it all about you , "dog".

Does your mammy refer to you as "dog" when you sit on the couch eating crisps all day?

Anyone you may be banned after that embarrassing outburst.

muppet

what did sheridan say? 
I feel very sorry for louth, an awful injustice, but if it'd been the other way round i'd have been happy enough and wouldn't be calling for a replay.  It's difficult, i certainly wouldn't blame sheridan (but then i thought what henry and suarez did was fair enough too) but you'd really have to question whether or not the umpires have a clue as to the rules of the game, also, i was sure i heard a whistle when the ball was going in in the first place? 

He was quoted as saying something along the lines of 'we got the breaks we mightn't get them the next day'. At least Henry admitted his handball and like you I defended Henry. Sheridan's action was instinctive, he tried to get a foot to the ball but missed it. I don't blame him for the action but it would be better if he admitted it wasn't a goal.
MWWSI 2017

Cde

bad day for gaa. Cant blame Meath, completely the fault of the Ref and umpires. How the umpire awarded a goal is beyond me. He was looking straight at it. There was no way he could have kicked the ball over the line. He was that far across the line when he attempted to kick the ball that his foot got caught in the back of the net

A disgrace, Louth are Leinster champions and  Meath should take the cup straight up to Drogheda and hand it over.

snoopdog

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 11, 2010, 04:35:54 PM
Those men who attacked the ref i can understand why they did it, none of them hit him, it was few shoves here and there. Those men were all in there 50s grown men not thugs. The pain of all those yrs and to be robbed like that.

NO ONE CAN TELL ME THE UMPIRE AND REF DIDNT SEE WHAT HAPPENED, They knew fine well it was no goal. How are ye even questioning there eye sight, it has to be the most clear cut cheating by officiials i have ever seen.. I dont blame meath but I wouldnt want win any title that way.

defending the indefencible. they are thugs, and will hopefully get what they deserve. Galway fans didnt react to a  very poor ref decision that cost them the game .

pintsofguinness

Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 04:40:49 PM
what did sheridan say? 

He was quoted as saying something along the lines of 'we got the breaks we mightn't get them the next day'. At least Henry admitted his handball and like you I defended Henry. Sheridan's action was instinctive, he tried to get a foot to the ball but missed it. I don't blame him for the action but it would be better if he admitted it wasn't a goal.
agree with that.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?