glastonbury

Started by bcarrier, June 27, 2009, 12:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: markl121 on June 23, 2023, 10:27:25 PM
what the f**k are this band Sparks? never heard of them, a bizarre experience

They're not my cup of tea, but they were the subject of a recent Netflix doc., apparently very influential.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparks_(band)

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: thewobbler on June 23, 2023, 11:48:39 PM
I must have sleepwalked through the noighties for I'm struggling to remember any Arctic Monkeys songs. I mean I've heard of the band, and they obviously were pop culture for a while . I just can't rhyme a banger tune from them out of my head.

And this isn't helping.

I had no idea they had more than that one song that was sort of good until you got tired of it halfway through.

Captain Scarlet

Re Sparks - https://youtu.be/UkoHDtth-3U

I think the cool kids have always liked them but in the last while their popularity is overblown.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

gallsman

Quote from: smort on June 23, 2023, 11:07:25 PM
Arctic monkeys

Was coming on to say they are going well here but board doesn't seem to agree, and that's alright

They've been like this for a good few years now, it is getting towards 20 years since that first album, and they were only teenagers. He has gone very Richard Hawley on it

From the very beginning Hawley has probably been the biggest influence on both the music and songwriting. Problem is Hawley is borderline perfect as a solo singer. It doesn't really work for a four piece guitar band and just comes across as a poor tribute.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on June 24, 2023, 12:44:49 AM
Quote from: markl121 on June 23, 2023, 10:27:25 PM
what the f**k are this band Sparks? never heard of them, a bizarre experience

They're not my cup of tea, but they were the subject of a recent Netflix doc., apparently very influential.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparks_(band)
I was gonna make a smart arse comment about This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both If Us being my favourite song of theirs before discovering that it actually the same group from the 70s.
Careful now

bridgegael

Rick Astley had a great day
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Armamike

Manics showing how it should be done.
That's just, like your opinion man.

SHEEDY

Quote from: bridgegael on June 24, 2023, 08:11:41 PM
Rick Astley had a great day
Rick Astley with the blossoms covering the smiths was very good, crowd loved it.
nil satis nisi optimum

Milltown Row2

The more I watch Lewis the more I will end up with ticks myself!!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

It's not Woodstock  :D
I find it a load of hyped up pop, right now 6 very plump nearly naked ladies romping around the main stage.

gallsman

Lizzo's set was class. Crowd eating out of the palm of her hand.

Axl doing a bit better here than I expected but showing signs of getting tired. Vocal a bit loose on Welcome to the Jungle. He looks absolutely dreadful though.

gallsman

They've fixed the mic anyway, Axl sounding a lot better now.

bennydorano

Cut the shit and play Paradise City

Milltown Row2

Slash can still play a bit!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

GnR - brilliant imo.
Dodgy earlier but better now. Better vocally than i thought hed be lol. Slash some operator