Car Insurance!!!!!

Started by balladmaker, January 21, 2010, 07:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Quote from: screenexile on November 15, 2019, 07:13:10 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on November 15, 2019, 06:28:42 PM
Anyone explain this one cos I can't

Next door neighbour buys a car in July and transfers her insurance from her old car to it. She holds onto her old car as her son is doing his test and wants it for him to have. He passes his test fortnight ago ,  gets car through the MOT, gets it transferred into his name but when he goes to insure with Axa they won't insure it because his mother didn't Sorn it in July when she transferred the insurance to her new car. The old car is in great nick. It is clearly road worthy as it has just passed its MOT.

What is Axas problem ?

Technically they're right the car was illegal for 4 months.

You may contact DVANI and see if you can retrospectively SORN it.

Cheers but wonder what the chances of success there would be!!!!

Car not 'illegal' now though. Tarra a car sitting in your back yard taxed  and MOTed is viewed as being illegal

armaghniac

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 15, 2019, 08:40:08 PM

Next door neighbour buys a car in July and transfers her insurance from her old car to it. She holds onto her old car as her son is doing his test and wants it for him to have. He passes his test fortnight ago ,  gets car through the MOT, gets it transferred into his name but when he goes to insure with Axa they won't insure it because his mother didn't Sorn it in July when she transferred the insurance to her new car. The old car is in great nick. It is clearly road worthy as it has just passed its MOT.

What is Axas problem ?

Cheers but wonder what the chances of success there would be!!!!

Car not 'illegal' now though. Tarra a car sitting in your back yard taxed  and MOTed is viewed as being illegal

They likely think you had two yokes on the road at the same time
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

under the bar

What is Axas problem ?

WTF does a SORN have to to with insurance? A SORN only applies to use on a public road.

Jim Bob

Quote from: under the bar on November 15, 2019, 11:42:00 PM

What is Axas problem ?

WTF does a SORN have to to with insurance? A SORN only applies to use on a public road.

Apparently you have to sorn if you don't insure either.  Not just tax

LC

Any insurance experts out there?

I am a named driver on my wife's car insurance.  Currently up for renewal and when getting a quote the insurance company were able to tell me I was involved in an incident / accident last year.  I confirmed this was the case and that a guy bumped into me into my own car.  We exchanged details and said he would cover it but I reported it to the insurance company just in case he did a runner and if so with his reg they could go to his insurance company.

Got the quote and the guy paid up so all good hence rang back and told insurance company all sorted, the whole thing closed out within 48 hours.

The wife's insurance company are saying that as I was in an accident, regardless of no fault, no claim no injury it affects my risk profile and therefore the wife's insurance is approx £200 more because of that.

What an absolute shower, what is the point of insurance if you are penalised even when it is not your fault and no claim was even made?

clarshack

Quote from: LC on September 02, 2023, 01:08:46 PM

I am a named driver on my wife's car insurance.  Currently up for renewal and when getting a quote the insurance company were able to tell me I was involved in an incident / accident last year.  I confirmed this was the case and that a guy bumped into me into my own car.  We exchanged details and said he would cover it but I reported it to the insurance company just in case he did a runner and if so with his reg they could go to his insurance company.

Got the quote and the guy paid up so all good hence rang back and told insurance company all sorted, the whole thing closed out within 48 hours.

The wife's insurance company are saying that as I was in an accident, regardless of no fault, no claim no injury it affects my risk profile and therefore the wife's insurance is approx £200 more because of that.

What an absolute shower, what is the point of insurance if you are penalised even when it is not your fault and no claim was even made?

That happened me once and it's going to affect yous for the next 4 years too. They are Gangsters.

Milltown Row2

Last year insurance was £260 fully comp..

Quote in today £470

I thought it hot cheaper as you got older lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 02, 2023, 03:22:10 PM
Last year insurance was £260 fully comp..

Quote in today £470

I thought it hot cheaper as you got older lol

Not anymore, it's a racket
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

David McKeown

Quote from: LC on September 02, 2023, 01:08:46 PM

I was in a bit accident around 5 years ago.  I was stationery and hit from behind by an R driver who was talking to her boyfriend.  Hit me so hard her Focus caused a 5 car pile up and my car caught fire and I was pulled from it.  Bad enough injuries and my car written off.  As the claim was going through the Courts I discovered this issue of my insurance increasing and was told by the insurer that I was a higher risk because I had a no fault accident. They told me it would take 6 years for that to change  Any way I instructed my solicitor to claim for the increased costs over the 6 year period.  They did and the other side paid it but my very experienced solicitor said he had never heard of including those increased costs into a claim.  So it seems to be common and not particularly well known about
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

general_lee

it really is becoming a joke - is it a legal requirement to always go through insurance?

I've had a couple of really minor fender benders. Someone went into the back at me at traffic lights but there was actually no visible damage so I let it slide.

Another time a woman pulled out of a parking space beside me and scraped her car against the front of mine in the process. She didn't even notice it but luckily I was sat in the car and was able to get her attention. I was happy to settle it without informing insurance and got a quote she was happy with and we lived happily ever after...

grounded

Racket is right. Wife was informed by her insurance company that her car had been involved in an accident in England, even though we or her car hadnt left our house or the country and had cctv to prove it. Informed insurance company of same and was told they would address issue as obvious fraudulent claim/mistaken identity.
           Despite that being corrected her insurance went up as it was still recorded as a claim/incident in her insurance record history . As she is a named driver on my insurance my it has also increased as a result. Have contacted them numerous times but they said once it has been recorded on file thats it.

screenexile

Quote from: general_lee on September 02, 2023, 08:43:41 PM
it really is becoming a joke - is it a legal requirement to always go through insurance?

I've had a couple of really minor fender benders. Someone went into the back at me at traffic lights but there was actually no visible damage so I let it slide.

Another time a woman pulled out of a parking space beside me and scraped her car against the front of mine in the process. She didn't even notice it but luckily I was sat in the car and was able to get her attention. I was happy to settle it without informing insurance and got a quote she was happy with and we lived happily ever after...

Legally yes you should inform your insurer as it is a material fact that you haven't disclosed to them and it would 100% affect whether they would insure you and at what premium.

I wouldn't though if you can avoid it at all!

quit yo jibbajabba

Cheers for the advice up above David.

Young girl went into back of me this week, was in two minds to go down claim route for day or two as had some back/neck pain. But I won't. Honest boy me lol.
Was gona call insurance to tell them about incident as I was in two minds and was thinking about recording incident glad I didn't going by above.
The other party better play ball now for my new bumper...

armaghniac

Quote from: grounded on September 02, 2023, 08:49:29 PM
Racket is right. Wife was informed by her insurance company that her car had been involved in an accident in England, even though we or her car hadnt left our house or the country and had cctv to prove it. Informed insurance company of same and was told they would address issue as obvious fraudulent claim/mistaken identity.
           Despite that being corrected her insurance went up as it was still recorded as a claim/incident in her insurance record history . As she is a named driver on my insurance my it has also increased as a result. Have contacted them numerous times but they said once it has been recorded on file thats it.

Ask them for all records under the Data Protection and invoke your right to have all errors corrected.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tintin25

Quote from: general_lee on September 02, 2023, 08:43:41 PM

If only everyone was as decent.  Bro n law had his car scraped by some woman as she reversed out of a parking space and he was stationery.  She accepted liability at the time and was agreed she'd sort.  Few weeks on and her insurer not accepting liability and bro n law being told that quickest way to settle would be for him to go through own insurer (£500 excess) and then pursue recovery thereafter.  You couldn't trust anyone these days.