Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reillycavan

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on January 25, 2021, 06:36:44 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 25, 2021, 04:32:18 PM
Quote from: samuel maguire on January 25, 2021, 04:16:54 PM
Colm C is back guys. Has been included in one of the training bubbles i am led to believe

Massive if true and says everything we needed to know about Harte and his reign of terror.

This isn't even a discussion. Colm Cavanagh owes Mickey a lot more than Mickey owes him. This narrative that is being spun is comical.

Cold is a solid addition. Good experience and wise head. Don't think it will be in a starting capacity mind you.

Massive addition to Tyrone.

restorepride

Quote from: trailer on January 25, 2021, 04:32:18 PM
Quote from: samuel maguire on January 25, 2021, 04:16:54 PM
Colm C is back guys. Has been included in one of the training bubbles i am led to believe

Massive if true and says everything we needed to know about Harte and his reign of terror.
Reign of Terror?  When did the reign start?  2003?  Or before?

toby47

Anyone listen to Ronan O Neill on TTM interview last night?

Thought it was a good listen. He openly said he wants a run at number 11 this year with Tyrone and feels that is his best position. He said he had been played there in all the trial games by the new managers also. Also said over lockdown he was training twice a day and has lost a stone and a half and is in the best shape he has ever been in.

Reckon he has a chance at making a name for himself in the 11 jersey? Or do you think there's more chance of him being a sub/bit part plyer as per the last few years?

Angelo

Quote from: toby47 on January 26, 2021, 01:57:56 PM

Thought it was a good listen. He openly said he wants a run at number 11 this year with Tyrone and feels that is his best position. He said he had been played there in all the trial games by the new managers also. Also said over lockdown he was training twice a day and has lost a stone and a half and is in the best shape he has ever been in.

Reckon he has a chance at making a name for himself in the 11 jersey? Or do you think there's more chance of him being a sub/bit part plyer as per the last few years?

I really don't see it tbh. I don't think he can have too many complaints under Harte, a lot of managers would have given up on him a while ago.

I'd be more interested to see Bradley getting a go at no 11.

I'm surprised the management team are still looking at him but fair play for O'Neill to give it another bash, sadly I think that injury he had at 19 really had a massive impact on his career.

If the management see something in him then no harm giving it a try and hopefully O'Neill can prove the doubters like me wrong.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

nrico2006

Quote from: Angelo on January 26, 2021, 02:15:34 PM

I really don't see it tbh. I don't think he can have too many complaints under Harte, a lot of managers would have given up on him a while ago.

I'm surprised the management team are still looking at him but fair play for O'Neill to give it another bash, sadly I think that injury he had at 19 really had a massive impact on his career.

If the management see something in him then no harm giving it a try and hopefully O'Neill can prove the doubters like me wrong.

No chance with O'Neill, surprised he is still involved to be honest.  Doesn't say much about his dedication when he had a stone and a half to lose.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Angelo

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 26, 2021, 03:32:28 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 26, 2021, 02:15:34 PM

No chance with O'Neill, surprised he is still involved to be honest.  Doesn't say much about his dedication when he had a stone and a half to lose.

Haven't listened to it but did he say he had a stone and a half to lose?  :o

That's a huge amount to shift for a lad who is a fairly small player anyway. I do like O'Neill as a footballer but I just don't think he has the athletic attributes you need at this level.

Goals_Will_Come

Be very surprised to see anyone but Conor McKenna operating at 11.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on January 26, 2021, 04:07:21 PM

I was told he was playing midfield in the trial games.

the goal was on

Colm cab back in a training bubble?!!! No training in bubbles of any sort bar 2 individuals allowed at present so either story is bullshit or Tyrone are breaching training rules!!

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 26, 2021, 04:11:59 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on January 26, 2021, 04:07:21 PM

I was told he was playing midfield in the trial games.

McKenna could easily play as wing forward either.

I quite like the idea of McKenna and Donnelly as wing forwards with more of a playmaker at 11. For me Bradley's best football in a Tyrone jersey came in his first season at no 11. We do now have Brennan, McCurry, McAliskey, Canavan etc so we could use Bradley further out the pitch.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: the goal was on on January 26, 2021, 04:35:05 PM
Colm cab back in a training bubble?!!! No training in bubbles of any sort bar 2 individuals allowed at present so either story is bullshit or Tyrone are breaching training rules!!

You didn't come down in the last shower. They are all training.

the goal was on

So you reckon Tyrone training away then as others? Hard to believe that and if they are they are taking a huge chance of being thrown out before season starts . That be a good first season ! Unbeaten

square_ball

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 26, 2021, 04:55:59 PM
Quote from: the goal was on on January 26, 2021, 04:35:05 PM

You didn't come down in the last shower. They are all training.

Collectively in garvaghy? Genuine question. I'd imagine very few county players these days stop training throughout the year.

GetOverTheBar

Not Garvaghy - it's out until the GAA let it go, but Tyrone are training.

Sure they are due to play in the National League in a month, as stands. What kind of duty of care is it to players to send them onto a pitch having no work done prior like the GAA is saying? I know it's amateur, but that truly would be amateur.

They are just right, in the North they are only breaking the GAA's rule on training anyway. Elite teams are allowed to train and play as Irish League still plays every week. It might be cynical breaking of rules but that's the GAA's fault for scheduling games and then stopping people train. Every single county in Ireland is training, it would be a complete failure by them if not to be honest.

toby47

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 27, 2021, 09:27:09 AM
Not Garvaghy - it's out until the GAA let it go, but Tyrone are training.

Sure they are due to play in the National League in a month, as stands. What kind of duty of care is it to players to send them onto a pitch having no work done prior like the GAA is saying? I know it's amateur, but that truly would be amateur.

They are just right, in the North they are only breaking the GAA's rule on training anyway. Elite teams are allowed to train and play as Irish League still plays every week. It might be cynical breaking of rules but that's the GAA's fault for scheduling games and then stopping people train. Every single county in Ireland is training, it would be a complete failure by them if not to be honest.

A lot more teams than Tyrone training at the minute. A lot of teams are split up and training in smaller bubbles at the minute eg meeting up in groups of 6 to do certain sessions.