Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Therealdonald

Quote from: WT4E on May 08, 2018, 06:38:26 PM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on May 08, 2018, 05:41:44 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on May 08, 2018, 05:19:06 PM
From my sources I heard Colm will be fit to start

Hopefully. Regardless of the Monaghan game, I think as the year progresses this last couple of months off will really benefit Colm. Only for picking up the injury he would have been on the go non-stop since the start of last year with club and county and i think it would have been very difficult for him to maintain his high standards throughout the summer. So hopefully he will come back refreshed whenever he is ready

Do you remember when half the people on here thought big Colm was sh1te - that was some craic!

Who changed opinion? There was a seperate position created for him. The reason people thought he was sh1te was because he was sh1te in a conventional football set-up. And i say sh1te in regards to country standard as I always looked at him as a very good club footballer, just a bit below county standard. But to his and Sean's fortune, football changed, he became the Beckenbauer supreme of GAA (actually tied with Cian O'Sullivan) and now he's an all-star. Better to be born lucky than good.

southtyronegael

thats a pile of shite, therealdonald. colly cavanagh had already bagged and all ireland minor title before he got on tyrone senior team. he may not have looked the most natural footballer in the early days but always had a fantastic attitude. id say its more to do with his hard work and dedication to the tyrone cause than luck. pity we didnt have a few more like him this last few years. and ur attitude towards him stinks.

Gaafan2

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 08, 2018, 08:23:09 PM
thats a pile of shite, therealdonald. colly cavanagh had already bagged and all ireland minor title before he got on tyrone senior team. he may not have looked the most natural footballer in the early days but always had a fantastic attitude. id say its more to do with his hard work and dedication to the tyrone cause than luck. pity we didnt have a few more like him this last few years. and ur attitude towards him stinks.

Just like your attitude towards Micky harte stinks.

southtyronegael

Quote from: gaafan2 on May 08, 2018, 08:39:33 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on May 08, 2018, 08:23:09 PM

Just like your attitude towards Micky harte stinks.
yeah difference is colly cavanagh proved the doubters wrong. mickey keeps proving me right.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Therealdonald on May 08, 2018, 07:52:41 PM
Quote from: WT4E on May 08, 2018, 06:38:26 PM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on May 08, 2018, 05:41:44 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on May 08, 2018, 05:19:06 PM
From my sources I heard Colm will be fit to start

Hopefully. Regardless of the Monaghan game, I think as the year progresses this last couple of months off will really benefit Colm. Only for picking up the injury he would have been on the go non-stop since the start of last year with club and county and i think it would have been very difficult for him to maintain his high standards throughout the summer. So hopefully he will come back refreshed whenever he is ready

Do you remember when half the people on here thought big Colm was sh1te - that was some craic!

Who changed opinion? There was a seperate position created for him. The reason people thought he was sh1te was because he was sh1te in a conventional football set-up. And i say sh1te in regards to country standard as I always looked at him as a very good club footballer, just a bit below county standard. But to his and Sean's fortune, football changed, he became the Beckenbauer supreme of GAA (actually tied with Cian O'Sullivan) and now he's an all-star. Better to be born lucky than good.

Lets not say things we can't back up. They are not even in the same league as footballers or even positionally. O'Sullivan is so many more levels ahead.

redzone

Aidy Mcrory played well in the in house game down in carton house

southtyronegael

Quote from: redzone on May 08, 2018, 10:34:09 PM
lol

Thebigdog

oh yeah a heard that, he was marking a cardboard cut out of Darren McCurry.on the golf course. That's Aidy boy!

Dire Ear

McCrory midfield with McNamee, McClure FF

Degrassi Hi

Heard that nobody played in Carlton House!

In hiding

That's a crazy statement from a crazy person. Aiden Mc Crory did play well however against Dromore.

Fuzzman

I think it's fair to say Mickey Harte has changed a lot himself in the last 10 or 15 years.

Many including myself would still say he's a very stubborn man who often does the opposite to what others want him to do and you have to question why but in some ways he has changed.
Even back in the 2000's there was a lot more emphasis on defence where you would often see half forwards back in their own half but alas the Jim McGuinness era meant we had to adapt to that and then move that style on another notch.
Last year we saw the best of that system in every match we played in the championship with HUGE scores being put up and few being conceded, up until we met the best team of the century so far.
I think we've already saw enough signs in the league that Mickey is willing to adapt and change his stance with so many new players brought in now like Hampsey, Lee Brennan, McGearys, Burns, McClure, Mulgrew etc but those like Ronan O'Neill and McCurry who he knows have the skill but not the work rate or tend to bottle it on big days have been dropped and he's shown his "ruthless" side.

Living in Dublin I see a lot of what goes on here at underage club level and the sheer numbers playing GAA now is immense. It used to be looked down on by many as bogball but now its cool to play GAA and you see so many kids walking around in GAA tops and with hurls rather than Man U or soccer tops.

i think the Dubs will continue to dominate but we really let ourselves down last year and didn't show up. Galway in the league did to the Dubs what I had hoped we would have done. Got in their faces and hassled them all day long. We can get back to that level and I'd be happy to get to the last 4 again and maybe we can finally beat a top 4 team again. Its been 10 years now since we did.

redzone

Interesting that ronan mcnabb playing fullback for dromore this year. Could he be a late contender for the 3 jersey.

redzone

Nice post fuzz man. I don't think Dublin would have beat our 2003 team, so I wouldnt say they are the team of the century, second best this century probably. Football is thriving up here as well. Go to any cul camp or Easter camp or u8 u10 training in clubs and you will see massive numbers. It's keeping them at it as they get older can be challenging for some clubs. Only an all Ireland final will keep me happy this year and I think we can get there.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on May 09, 2018, 11:55:00 AM
Quote from: redzone on May 09, 2018, 11:41:34 AM
Interesting that ronan mcnabb playing fullback for dromore this year. Could he be a late contender for the 3 jersey.

Is he full back because Dromore have not options here?
Cathal McCarron away and Tomas McCarron is out with a crucicate.
Only other man I can think of who could play here is Red Sean
They do have Peter Teague who was full back for Tyrone U21s.