NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

That clip obviously doesn't show the full incident but in it, it does show the Tyrone lads standing their ground and a load of Dublin players running into throw punches.

From the TV clip, you could see James McCarthy throwing a few punches and he also struck McKernan in the throat late on in the game which was missed by the referee. No doubt the usual suspects will all try to pin this on Tyrone but Dublin have probably a more evident recent track record of this kind of behaviour.

There was that brawl with Armagh behind closed doors in recent years too. I wonder will the statute of limitations only apply to one county.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Rossfan

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 29, 2020, 09:22:51 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on February 29, 2020, 09:10:57 PM
Colm o Rourke has his head so far up Dublins ass.

Brolly was worse on Eir Sports. A joyless victory for Tyrone according to him.
I had to switch to efn RTÉ when he started that sh1te.
Throws that oul Division 1 open and might help the Rhus into D 2 and the Tailteann Cup for 2021 ;D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

red hander

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 29, 2020, 09:22:51 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on February 29, 2020, 09:10:57 PM
Colm o Rourke has his head so far up Dublins ass.

Brolly was worse on Eir Sports. A joyless victory for Tyrone according to him.

His tears taste like champagne. What an utter w**kstain  he is.

Angelo

Do the people who were defending the decision to red card McGeary last weekend think Paul Mannion should have been sent off tonight?

I'm interested to hear how you can defend different treatments between the two.

Eire90

can we now call galway serious contenders

naka

Quote from: Angelo on February 29, 2020, 09:30:05 PM
That clip obviously doesn't show the full incident but in it, it does show the Tyrone lads standing their ground and a load of Dublin players running into throw punches.

From the TV clip, you could see James McCarthy throwing a few punches and he also struck McKernan in the throat late on in the game which was missed by the referee. No doubt the usual suspects will all try to pin this on Tyrone but Dublin have probably a more evident recent track record of this kind of behaviour.

There was that brawl with Armagh behind closed doors in recent years too. I wonder will the statute of limitations only apply to one county.
Funny I saw Tyrone throwing as many if not more than Dublin
The guy in the red top definitely is in diffs from the clip I saw
But hopefully all the protagonists get a lengthy suspension
Doesn't suit well any more with a modern gaa

yellowcard

Hilarious to listen to both sets of fans try and claim the moral high ground on the tunnel bust up. It will overshadow what was a good battling win for Tyrone in horrendous conditions. The result will have little bearing on the bigger picture other than to probably ensure Tyrones safety in division one for another season.

The overhead phone video footage does not conclusively incriminate anybody but I expect that Fergal Logan and a Dublin lawyer will be getting phone calls during the week. Everybody will pretend to be outraged for a few days but Ivexpect very few will serve suspensions. Easy way out for the GAA will be to again hit the county board with fines.

yellowcard

Quote from: Eire90 on February 29, 2020, 09:36:04 PM

I really like what Joyce is doing with them but it's much too early to say. Remember Mayo won the League last season.

Angelo

Quote from: naka on February 29, 2020, 09:36:15 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 29, 2020, 09:30:05 PM

Funny I saw Tyrone throwing as many if not more than Dublin
The guy in the red top definitely is in diffs from the clip I saw
But hopefully all the protagonists get a lengthy suspension
Doesn't suit well any more with a modern gaa

You can clearly see that the Tyrone lads are trying to hold a line back in the tunnel and a number of Dublin lads coming running at them and throwing punches. If the Tyrone players were trying to inflame that situation they would have disappeared down the tunnel after the Dublin players but it looked like it was the Dublin players who came storming up the tunnel throwing punches.

Hampsey was on the receiving end of punches to the face from about 4 different players there.

Cunny Funt

Contenders for the league title yes.

Rossfan

Absolutely.
World domination beckons.
In 5 years time the calls to split Galway will be deafening.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

An Fhairche Abu

Galway weren't playing tonight lads, let's see how we go tomorrow in Navan.
No idea how the tunnel incident tonight started or who's to blame but I thought back to last Sunday when PJ deliberately kept the Galway players on the pitch at the HT whistle to ensure that they wouldn't be going into the dressing rooms alongside the Tyrone players, it's definitely one way of avoiding the two teams clashing going back in.

trueblue1234

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 29, 2020, 09:53:58 PM
Galway weren't playing tonight lads, let's see how we go tomorrow in Navan.
No idea how the tunnel incident tonight started or who's to blame but I thought back to last Sunday when PJ deliberately kept the Galway players on the pitch at the HT whistle to ensure that they wouldn't be going into the dressing rooms alongside the Tyrone players, it's definitely one way of avoiding the two teams clashing going back in.

I'd say they were fighting to get back into the changing rooms!! Some night for a football game!! Surprised there wasn't a full on riot to get to the hot water!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 29, 2020, 09:05:04 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on February 29, 2020, 09:00:04 PM
Div two will be different for sure . Absolute disaster though imo

We're not gone yet. Let's see how we get on over the course of the next three games. It is looking pretty bleak in our quest to finish 6th unfortunately.

FWIW: Mayo will look to bounce back from last weekend's defeat when they host Kerry in tomorrow's rescheduled game in Intersport Elverys MacHale Park at 1pm. The team is as follows:

1. David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
2. Padraig O'Hora - Ballina Stephenites
3. Oisin Mullin - Kilmaine
4. Lee Keegan - Westport
5. Michael Plunkett - Ballintubber
6. Eoin O'Donoghue - Belmullet
7. Patrick Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels
8. Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy (C)
9. Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
10. Jordan Flynn - Crossmolina Deel Rovers
11. Ryan O'Donoghue - Belmullet
12. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber
13. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
14. Darren Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
15. James Durcan - Castlebar

We're not gone yet but we will be soon if that's the best we can field for must win games.

WT4E

Crafty Dublin using the tunnel as cover. Lol

They could have got to their dressing room had they wanted to but Tyrone players couldn't but where ready to engage when Dublin came at them.

Greta performance from Tyrone. Better team on the night... Dublin well and truly rattled and the pundits don't like it. Even Marty clarke seemed pro Dublin on the footage I watched.