?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Avondhu star

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 16, 2018, 09:51:43 AM
not sure one goal will be enough. Deserved to win by more but will take that
On previous European performances it wouldn't be enough. A good performance last night with a clean sheet puts them in a strong position to kick on in the competition
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

stew

Quote from: straightred on February 15, 2018, 10:05:05 PM
6pm start next Thursday. A chilly -7 over there this evening

Celtic teams are used to shit weather and the kit guys will have them all sorted, they will be fine, I think they will rue so many missed chances but all in all an excellent performance and I hope they make it through obviously, it will be tough.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ned

Mature performance. If that is what we can expect in Europe from now on I'll be happy. 6 of that team are 22 or under, McGregor is 24, Forrest is 26. The future's bright, the future's green and white.

Avondhu star

Quote from: ned on February 16, 2018, 12:37:48 PM
Mature performance. If that is what we can expect in Europe from now on I'll be happy. 6 of that team are 22 or under, McGregor is 24, Forrest is 26. The future's bright, the future's green and white.

No conceding stupid early goals. A mature controlled defensive show to frustrate Zenit and their support.  Then the chace of an away goal to make them have to get 3
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Main Street

Quote from: stew on February 16, 2018, 11:37:43 AM

Celtic teams are used to shit weather and the kit guys will have them all sorted, they will be fine, I think they will rue so many missed chances but all in all an excellent performance and I hope they make it through obviously, it will be tough.
There will be no worries about the weather. Zenit have a brand new stadium with a retractable roof, the world's most expensive stadium.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Main Street on February 16, 2018, 02:55:12 PM

There will be no worries about the weather. Zenit have a brand new stadium with a retractable roof, the world's most expensive stadium.

Until Casement gets finished at least..

stew

I highly doubt that!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

Quote from: StGallsGAA on February 17, 2018, 12:30:28 AM

Until Casement gets finished at least..
;D
You're optimistic (that Casement will get finished).

Targetman

Celtic will win the champions league before Casement gets started!!

MoChara

Celtic getting a hard time from the ref here, and without brown St Johnstone aren't a bit afraid to try and kick us about

themac_23

Quote from: MoChara on February 18, 2018, 04:43:34 PM
Celtic getting a hard time from the ref here, and without brown St Johnstone aren't a bit afraid to try and kick us about

Never seen a more blatant case of just foul foul foul in a long time every time Charley got the ball he was just pulled to stop him so frustrating to watch

ned

Over 20 fouls and about 20 more not given. No consistency allowed. 7 changes didn't help and only 2 or 3 clear chances. Thursday more important.

themac_23

Quote from: ned on February 18, 2018, 04:59:12 PM

Over 20 fouls and about 20 more not given. No consistency allowed. 7 changes didn't help and only 2 or 3 clear chances. Thursday more important.

Agreed, with Aberdeen result yesterday we basically had a free one today, player management. All guns blazing for Thursday

illdecide

BR did the right thing changing the personnel today, Thurs nites game is more important so resting players was the right thing to do (irrespective of the result on Thurs), you have to give yourself the best possible chance.

On todays game...WTF, they kicked us all over the park and Mr John Beaton allowed them to do it, he set the tone early by not blowing them up so they soon got to know they wouldn't get into any trouble for their bully boy tactic's. In their defence i'd do the same going to CP and push the boundaries out early on to see what you'd get away with and when you know the ref is going to allow you to do it and Celtic have made 7 changes from Thurs nite you'd be delighted.

Celtic played slightly better in the 2nd half but that first half was not pretty...Role on Thurs. I see a few players starting to come back from injury...Rogic getting some game time today (needs it too...off the pace but to be expected), Roberts not far away either and Griff, Compper, Armstrong and Boyata should only be another few weeks away
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch