Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on June 30, 2020, 07:51:35 PM
See previous posts....

Is the problem individual rather than 'industry' wide?

Some people need to look at the schools their kids attend.....rather than beating up the teaching profession....

As a responsible parent I think I'll try and keep the teaching up during the summer (admittedly poor in comparison to their actual teachers and fairly testing at times)

Ah well.....

Exactly. The problem seems to me to be individual too. There are incompetent teachers like there are incompetent everything else in life.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Another major issue that Dept of Education need to resolve is Home to School transport. At the minute , they've no solution to that problem,so the roads will be chaos !

Milltown Row2

Quote from: delgany on June 30, 2020, 09:57:51 PM
Another major issue that Dept of Education need to resolve is Home to School transport. At the minute , they've no solution to that problem,so the roads will be chaos !

Would it not be, make the kids use a mask? Public transport is bringing this in
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Both jurisdictions would be wise to come on with remote lesson plans over the summer. You don't know when you could have a Leicester and schools in some district would have to close.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JimStynes

Schools are opening in September are they not?

From the Bunker

Quote from: bennydorano on July 03, 2020, 01:19:17 PM
The schools must open in September - ROI

https://twitter.com/TonightVMTV/status/1278813714788102144?s=09

The teachers have huge concerns in regards the amount of people they will be exposed to each day. There is no way they can be subjected to this high volume of people.

In solidarity I think Supermarket shop attendants should refuse to work also as they are in the same environment, probably worse!

trueblue1234

Quote from: hardstation on July 03, 2020, 01:46:11 PM
Some of the above not going back to work until at least 2021 too. My God, how do they look the healthcare worker straight in the eye? Shameful.

Through a screen?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 03, 2020, 02:09:57 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 03, 2020, 01:46:11 PM
Some of the above not going back to work until at least 2021 too. My God, how do they look the healthcare worker straight in the eye? Shameful.

Through a screen?

From what distance though?!

trailer

Can SF support keeping schools closed now?

bennydorano

See the local Primary school getting a delivery of Portacabins. I can recall getting a bit of ridicule for suggesting Portacabins as a potential route out of the social distancing conundrum. ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on July 03, 2020, 07:58:44 PM
See the local Primary school getting a delivery of Portacabins. I can recall getting a bit of ridicule for suggesting Portacabins as a potential route out of the social distancing conundrum. ???

School budgets are tight enough, so portacabbins will cost a few bob I'd say, will there be extra teachers with these portacabnins?

From the Bunker

I think that Postmen should work from home in solidarity as well. There can be a click and collect system set up where instead of the Postman being subjected to a doing his rounds and the dangers it involves. The customer gets a email to collect it's letters and parcels. In fairness s/he encounters a high volume of various people each day.