Rossies v Tyrone Hyde Park 13th July 5pm.

Started by giveballaghback, July 06, 2019, 11:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Of all the posters on the board, it's always the Roscommon ones who seem to get ahead of themselves.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

weareros

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 10, 2019, 08:36:14 PM
Of all the posters on the board, it's always the Roscommon ones who seem to get ahead of themselves.

Don't see much of that here. But as the 5th smallest county in Ireland, with a rural, older population, we have opted to not accept our place in the world and dream of beating the big boys every now and then. After Mayo and Galway, hopefully Tyrone and the Dubs next ;

omaghjoe

Quote from: weareros on July 10, 2019, 09:59:08 PM

Don't see much of that here. But as the 5th smallest county in Ireland, with a rural, older population, we have opted to not accept our place in the world and dream of beating the big boys every now and then. After Mayo and Galway, hopefully Tyrone and the Dubs next ;

Latest census data says your the 6th....

Leitrim
Longford
Carlow
Fermanagh
& Monaghan
are smaller.....

weareros

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 10, 2019, 10:10:06 PM
Quote from: weareros on July 10, 2019, 09:59:08 PM

Latest census data says your the 6th....

Leitrim
Longford
Carlow
Fermanagh
& Monaghan
are smaller.....

Ah don't forget Mayo take all Ballaghaderreen. We cannot even draw from our full population, small as it is already.

Angelo

On the back of the last two performances we will be very confident, if we go in overconfident we could get a hop. Roscommon are more miserly this year, in the games against Mayo and Galway they conceded 0-17 and 0-12 respectively. They've hit goals in those games and not coughed up any so I think we need to go for the jugular from the off in this regard, get the early goal and put some doubts in their heads. If we stop Murtagh, Cox and Smith then I don't see where the Roscommon scores will come from. Our defending in the last two games has been very disciplined and cohesive, I thought there were a number of really soft frees awarded against us in the game at Newbridge which helped keep Kildare ticking over so would hope the referee doesn't try and appease the home support in that regard.

I think Tyrone by 4-7.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Rossfan

Hopefully Coldrick will clamp down on the usual Tyrone nasty stuff.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on July 10, 2019, 11:59:53 PM

Hopefully he will be wise to the dark arts of Roscommon football.

BennyHarp

Your desperation for a bite is entertaining.
That was never a square ball!!

Real Talk

This Tyrone team is not a nasty team .... it will very interesting to see how Roscommon deal with Niall Morgan's variety of kick-outs ... at the moment Tyrone are the best in the business in gaining and retaining possession (Dublin aside !!)

RedHand88

He was linesman last week. He will have seen how cavan tried to batter and bludgeon their way into the game against a superior team, so will be wise to the Rossies trying the same dark arts this week.

nrico2006

Quote from: Angelo on July 10, 2019, 10:29:45 PM
On the back of the last two performances we will be very confident, if we go in overconfident we could get a hop. Roscommon are more miserly this year, in the games against Mayo and Galway they conceded 0-17 and 0-12 respectively. They've hit goals in those games and not coughed up any so I think we need to go for the jugular from the off in this regard, get the early goal and put some doubts in their heads. If we stop Murtagh, Cox and Smith then I don't see where the Roscommon scores will come from. Our defending in the last two games has been very disciplined and cohesive, I thought there were a number of really soft frees awarded against us in the game at Newbridge which helped keep Kildare ticking over so would hope the referee doesn't try and appease the home support in that regard.

I think Tyrone by 4-7.

What did Roscommon concede in Connacht this year v last year?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Redhand Santa

There is a sense of serious confidence coming out of Roscommon and rightly so. They've already knocked out Mayo (a team many would rank ahead of Tyrone) and Galway away from home. And they're coming back to Dr Hyde Park with the confidence of those wins and a title already won. And what makes them more dangerous is the fact they've already got this far in recent seasons so they'll in no way be satisfied with just winning a provincial title.

They are a very different team to the open nice footballing team Tyrone played last year. They play with a lot more intensity, physicality and are a lot more defensively minded at the back. Add in the form of Cox up front and you have a great blend there.

So this will be a big battle from Tyrone and they better be prepared for a real scrap and serious rise in intensity from recent weeks. Whoever wins this will be in pole position for a semi final spot, a really good game for both teams to look forward too.

Angelo

Any word on Peter Harte's appeal? Is it being heard this evening?

Rossfan

With Central GAA's favourite Juggernaut in the group this game is as close to a knocknout game as you can get.
If all else is equal I fear we'll struggle with Tyrone's superior S&C honed over the years while we were engaging in schoolboy football under the previous regime.

Should be a great occasion and it seems the weather is going to do its bit as well.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trueblue1234

Quote from: Rossfan on July 11, 2019, 10:46:52 AM
With Central GAA's favourite Juggernaut in the group this game is as close to a knocknout game as you can get.
If all else is equal I fear we'll struggle with Tyrone's superior S&C honed over the years while we were engaging in schoolboy football under the previous regime.

Should be a great occasion and it seems the weather is going to do its bit as well.

I think Tyrone will have too much for Roscommon. But I think it'll be a tighter affair than some anticipate. There is no way we'll see the margins of last year. Think it will actually be a fairly good game of football. Roscommon coming into the game will be keen to show development from last year as I'm sure their performance was disappointing and I think they have ability there. Haven't seen much of them this year bar some highlights but certainly seem to be a harder unit than last year.
Just think Tyrone seem to have progressively improved since Donegal. But if Peter's ban isn't overturned then it could be a very close match. He's hugely important to the team and his loss so early in the Donegal game was a big impact on how that game panned out imo.

F*ck the begrudgers, great to have a few games over the next couple of weeks. Hon the super 8's.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit