The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

Anyone that is on this forum giving out about people using the term 'soccer' needs their head looked at.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 18, 2018, 04:57:26 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 18, 2018, 04:41:56 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 18, 2018, 04:30:48 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 18, 2018, 04:03:24 PM
As any real GAA man will tell you Syfīn it's all about what you do after May Day.
And ad for Captain saying only Yanks call the 11 aside stuff Soccer.... 98% of GAA people call it soccer and most non British TV immersed people in Ireland call it Soccer.
So I'll be ignoring your ramblings from now on as your obviously not a GAA person at all.
Where did you get the 98% figure? The official name of the sport across the water is football the Captain is right. The term Soccer nothing more than a nickname.

In fairness I think I agree with Rossfan for once. 98% is obviously made up, but most GAA people call soccer soccer, and football is Gaelic Football.
With the lack of use of the foot in modern Gaelic football people will soon be calling it fist ball

Now back to the topic. No live game on RTE this weekend other than hurling i hope the Sunday Game pull out all of the stops and shows good highlights of Limerick v Clare and Tipperary v Waterford or am i expecting too much?
Probably. I find the highlights packages on TSG very frustrating. The primary goal should be to show all scores from play and other very key incidents. If a lad gets sent off with his 2nd yellow in injury time we don't need to see that. There's also no need for replays in a highlights package.

Last week, they devoted 18 minutes to Galway v Offaly. 2 minutes intro, 6 minutes highlights, 2 minutes interviews and 8 minutes analysis. They showed 5-1 of Galway's scores and 2-2 of Offaly's. The totals scored from play were Galway 5-11 Offaly 2-6. That's 24 scores from play and then there were Cahills two great saves from Canning which they also showed. That's 26 things worth showing. Say a 15 - 20 second clip for each without replays would take 7 or 8 minutes. It would be a tighter, much more useful and entertaining package.

didlyi

I thought Micahel Duignan was very biased and offaly blinkered in his opinion on the relegation/promotion to the Leinster hurling championship. His remark about Antrim and Galway making up 2 of the 5 counties next year was petty. Would it not be a huge boost for hurling in the north if Antrim got 2 home games next year with the likes of Wexford, KK, Galway travelling up there. For what its worth the Leinster Champinship is only Leinster in name since Galway joined it. If Antriim should be good enough to win the McDonagh cup thne it would be great to see them in the LHC.

trileacman

It's a waste of time talking to managers after a game. "Breaks didn't go our way, look they're a good team, look we've a lot of work to do". Horseshit.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Asal Mor

Quote from: trileacman on May 19, 2018, 01:22:29 PM
It's a waste of time talking to managers after a game. "Breaks didn't go our way, look they're a good team, look we've a lot of work to do". Horseshit.
+1.

Joe Canning gave a great, honest interview to Vincent Hogan before the Tipp match last year, when he gave the performance that won him hurler of the year. The interview won awards and Galway won the All-Ireland but players still live in terror of saying anything interesting to the media.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: didlyi on May 19, 2018, 12:13:08 PM
I thought Micahel Duignan was very biased and offaly blinkered in his opinion on the relegation/promotion to the Leinster hurling championship. His remark about Antrim and Galway making up 2 of the 5 counties next year was petty. Would it not be a huge boost for hurling in the north if Antrim got 2 home games next year with the likes of Wexford, KK, Galway travelling up there. For what its worth the Leinster Champinship is only Leinster in name since Galway joined it. If Antriim should be good enough to win the McDonagh cup thne it would be great to see them in the LHC.

Probably, but why isn't there straight relegation if Kerry win it? I'd say that's where he might be coming from.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Asal Mor

Same old. Very short highlights of Tyrone v Monaghan followed by analysis 2 or 3 times as long. Pat went to great lengths to emphasise that it was a great game when they could have just been showing us that it was a great game. They only showed Mc Manus' wonder point during the analysis.

Blowitupref

Showed about 2 minutes highlights of the Clare v Limerick  and Tipp v Waterford football games tonight  ::)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 20, 2018, 10:08:15 PM
Showed about 2 minutes highlights of the Clare v Limerick  and Tipp v Waterford football games tonight  ::)

Pat went into a rant about the state of the championship afterwards which we all knew about a long time ago. Whelo says smaller counties should 'buck up'.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyCake

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 20, 2018, 10:17:25 PM

Pat went into a rant about the state of the championship afterwards which we all knew about a long time ago. Whelo says smaller counties should 'buck up'.

Aye, on yer bike Waterford  ::)

From the Bunker

You have to love the "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche" attitude from Whelo.

bennydorano

Mangetout mangetout indeed

larryin89

The dance Hall in Donegal  :)
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

Let me guess Pats rant lasted longer than the highlights of those two games?