Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Tell me im being told b0llocks but someone told me that Dublin county board got 20k more tickets than Tyrone. Surely its the same for both counties? Or does it go by requests?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 23, 2017, 03:37:10 PM
Tell me im being told b0llocks but someone told me that Dublin county board got 20k more tickets than Tyrone. Surely its the same for both counties? Or does it go by requests?

30K v 12K.

Dublin has 3 times the Clubs so no surprisr.

My cousin got tickets in Supervalu Lusk this morning.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

RedHand88

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 23, 2017, 03:44:24 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 23, 2017, 03:37:10 PM

30K v 12K.

Dublin has 3 times the Clubs so no surprisr.

My cousin got tickets in Supervalu Lusk this morning.

Really. If some people heard about that....

screenexile

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 23, 2017, 02:59:07 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 23, 2017, 02:54:21 PMTyrone to get beat well and a new manager for next year!!

Well - it would be a shame if someone quoted this for 5pm on Sunday evening

I've been cheering against Tyrone for 25 odd years and on the board for 11 plus . . . it won't be the first time I've been wrong and I'll take the flak but I just don't see it happening on Sunday.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: screenexile on August 23, 2017, 03:48:20 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 23, 2017, 02:54:21 PMTyrone to get beat well and a new manager for next year!!

I've been cheering against Tyrone for 25 odd years and on the board for 11 plus . . . it won't be the first time I've been wrong and I'll take the flak but I just don't see it happening on Sunday.

Vincent's / Mikes final on Sunday too - could be a very good or very bad day  ;D

screenexile

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 23, 2017, 03:53:10 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 23, 2017, 03:48:20 PM

Vincent's / Mikes final on Sunday too - could be a very good or very bad day  ;D

Mike's don't get beat in Championship Gabe!!

rrhf

Quote from: The Trap on August 23, 2017, 12:30:42 PM
Tyrone being hyped up and Dublin very quiet - don't like it.......
I'm thinking the same. Maybe to detract from it mickey was talking about next year and his own contract. I've met solid and smart Tyrone lads giddy with excitement. Reminds me too much of 1996 and our third last regime changing result, and my fear and criticism  is it looks like we haven't this dampened down and tried to contain it. Just puts unnecessary pressure On a young unproven team.  Certainly the dubs are loving the way Tyrone are commanding all the hype. Tyrone are untested Dublin we know are the real deal. A negative part of me is eating here and Telling me  Dublin by a comfortable 6 or 7 points. They're fecking outstanding and superb champions and does anyone really know what way Connolly factor is going to boost them.

BennyHarp

Quote from: rrhf on August 23, 2017, 08:38:23 PM
I'm thinking the same. Maybe to detract from it mickey was talking about next year and his own contract. I've met solid and smart Tyrone lads giddy with excitement. Reminds me too much of 1996 and our third last regime changing result, and my fear and criticism  is it looks like we haven't this dampened down and tried to contain it. Just puts unnecessary pressure On a young unproven team.  Certainly the dubs are loving the way Tyrone are commanding all the hype. Tyrone are untested Dublin we know are the real deal. A negative part of me is eating here and Telling me  Dublin by a comfortable 6 or 7 points. They're fecking outstanding and superb champions and does anyone really know what way Connolly factor is going to boost them.

Anything that can be said has been said about this Dublin team, over the last decadee they have been hyped to the hilt and rightly so in many ways, their record cannot be disputed. It's hardly surprising, though, that when a new potential challenger comes along the media and fans will want to jump in and create the image of a proper challenge to the elite. However, what the media or any of us giddy fans say, will matter not a jot to this Tyrone team who will fully understand the challenge at hand. These are the scenarios when I'm glad certain elements in the county and county board didn't get their way and get rid of Harte.
That was never a square ball!!

Moortown Spuds

Note to Tyrone following-please do not boo like yahoos when Connolly is introduced.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on August 23, 2017, 09:23:14 PM
Note to Tyrone following-please do not boo like yahoos when Connolly is introduced.
I'd say he'll start and Mickey Harte is planning accordingly. Top class forward.

imtommygunn

Quote from: rrhf on August 23, 2017, 08:38:23 PM

It really is an unknown. I am torn. One part of me thinks dublin could put manners in tyrone and win by 6 or 7 while the other thinks tyrone might squeeze dublin tighter than they have been squeezed in a long time and win by a couple. Neither would surprise me.

Sneaky feeling too few in ff line will cost tyrone but we will see.

ONeill

Tyrone still haven't beaten anyone decent since 2008.

Sunday could be a watershed moment or, if it goes tits up, acceptance that whilst the current team is probably the best side in Ulster, they're a level below this Champion Dub side.

Impossible to say with conviction that Tyrone will win. You could make many sound and sane arguments for a Dublin win.

Again, Tyrone could improve next year, even Sean-less.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on August 23, 2017, 11:53:32 PM
Tyrone still haven't beaten anyone decent since 2008.

Sunday could be a watershed moment or, if it goes tits up, acceptance that whilst the current team is probably the best side in Ulster, they're a level below this Champion Dub side.

Impossible to say with conviction that Tyrone will win. You could make many sound and sane arguments for a Dublin win.

Again, Tyrone could improve next year, even Sean-less.
The Tipp manager after they lost the hurling semi said

"You come and you do your best and that's all you can do. Nobody knows the results of these games because other than that we wouldn't be as passionate about it, it wouldn't mean as much to any of us."

A win or a proud loss of 1 or 2 will be OK for Tyrone.  They do not want a quarter-final style result .
Hard to know where the Dubs are at.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

T Fearon

At least it looks like Tyrone supporters will turn up for this one,unlike the 2008 quarter final,when they abandoned their team,thinking they were going to get a hiding from Dublin,a game Tyrone won very easily

RedHand88

Quote from: T Fearon on August 24, 2017, 07:46:43 AM
At least it looks like Tyrone supporters will turn up for this one,unlike the 2008 quarter final,when they abandoned their team,thinking they were going to get a hiding from Dublin,a game Tyrone won very easily

That made it all the sweeter for us who were there.