Roscommon v Galway - Connacht SFC Final 2017 [Wind Tunnel, 9/7/17]

Started by Syferus, June 18, 2017, 05:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

cornetto

As I said earlier we are both at the same level,it will be all on the day,and to be honest if roscommon win I don't think there will be much begrudgery in galway.still hoping for a galway win though!!

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: giveballaghback on July 03, 2017, 08:26:15 PM
Really looking forward to Sunday, having seen Mayo produce another performance like they did in Salthill again on Saturday against a very poor Derry team gives me some hope that we may be in here with a bit of a shout, I trust McStays management and he seems to have things under control after a very stormy spring, we have a very young under developed team but they are a team of very good footballers. We all know our weaknesses and out strengths. Maybe this Galway team are being over rated after that Mayo display, hogan stand has them no 5 in their ratings, over rated for sure, but are the Rossies good enough to turn them over? Im gonna say yes a Roscommon win and every rte commentator will have Diarmuid Murtaghs name correct on Sunday evening.

Haven't seen those rankings but Galway aren't the 5th best team in the country at the moment, somewhere in the 7-9 range depending on the day sounds more realistic.

If Galway play at the same level as in the Mayo match Roscommon have every chance, there's a lot of improvement needed although I'm hopeful that will be the case on Sunday.

I think Roscommon are in the same position as Galway were going into the Mayo Connacht semi-final last year, the whole year has been built around delivering a performance in this particular match, regardless of whether it was Galway or Mayo facing them in it. 
I'd expect a big performance from Roscommon but it'll be disappointing if Galway don't match it, back to back Connacht titles would be a great achievement when you consider where Galway were going into championship 2016.

cornetto

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 03, 2017, 09:55:44 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on July 03, 2017, 08:26:15 PM
Really looking forward to Sunday, having seen Mayo produce another performance like they did in Salthill again on Saturday against a very poor Derry team gives me some hope that we may be in here with a bit of a shout, I trust McStays management and he seems to have things under control after a very stormy spring, we have a very young under developed team but they are a team of very good footballers. We all know our weaknesses and out strengths. Maybe this Galway team are

Haven't seen those rankings but Galway aren't the 5th best team in the country at the moment, somewhere in the 7-9 range depending on the day sounds more realistic.

If Galway play at the same level as in the Mayo match Roscommon have every chance, there's a lot of improvement needed although I'm hopeful that will be the case on Sunday.

I think Roscommon are in the same position as Galway were going into the Mayo Connacht semi-final last year, the whole year has been built around delivering a performance in this particular match, regardless of whether it was Galway or Mayo facing them in it. 
I'd expect a big performance from Roscommon but it'll be disappointing if Galway don't match it, back to back Connacht titles would be a great achievement when you consider where Galway were going into championship 2016.

A very good and fair analysis for both counties,I have to say.

manfromdelmonte

why isn't cathal and his twin brother Donie playing?
Ger Canning won't know what to do.

seafoid

Quote from: cornetto on July 03, 2017, 09:04:44 PM
As I said earlier we are both at the same level,it will be all on the day,and to be honest if roscommon win I don't think there will be much begrudgery in galway.still hoping for a galway win though!!
Ros are some way behind Galway.They did nothing since last year''s drawn match.

Rossfan

We changed/shafted/amended/improved our management;
We made major changes to our panel;
We laid a new super pitch in the Hyde;
We introduced a scatter of new lads;
We won a  League game.
We had one of the biggest victories in this year's Championship.
For the benefit of PHPearse - we devised and adopted a 3 year plan.
GALWAY BEWARE !!!!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 04, 2017, 09:01:31 AM

It will probably be Marty "they love their football in Roscommon" Morrissey commentating.  ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on July 04, 2017, 01:00:27 PM
Quote from: cornetto on July 03, 2017, 09:04:44 PM
Ros are some way behind Galway.They did nothing since last year''s drawn match.

The all the more reason I'd be afraid of Roscommon this year. The last couple of years they played all their football from January to April - not this year!

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 04, 2017, 02:36:48 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 04, 2017, 09:01:31 AM

It will probably be Marty "they love their football in Roscommon" Morrissey commentating.  ::)

Well we do love it more than the salmon chasers..

cornetto

The Galway to play Roscommon on Sunday in the Connacht Final shows two changes from the team that started against Mayo in the semi-final , Eoghan Kerin replaces David Wynne in defence while Eamon Brannigan comes in for   Sean Armstrong up front .

Ruairi Lavelle
Cathal Sweeney
Declan Kyne
Eoghan Kerin
Gary O'Donnell (Captain)
Gareth Bradshaw
Liam Silke
Fiontán Ó Curraoin
Paul Conroy
Thomas Flynn
Michael Daly
Johnny Heaney
Eamonn Brannigan
Damien Comer
Shane Walsh

Armstrong unless injured will start,I think you will find s.walsh the one not starting.'

oliverkelly

Quote from: cornetto on July 05, 2017, 08:43:18 AM
The Galway to play Roscommon on Sunday in the Connacht Final shows two changes from the team that started against Mayo in the semi-final , Eoghan Kerin replaces David Wynne in defence while Eamon Brannigan comes in for   Sean Armstrong up front .

Ruairi Lavelle
Cathal Sweeney
Declan Kyne
Eoghan Kerin
Gary O'Donnell (Captain)
Gareth Bradshaw
Liam Silke
Fiontán Ó Curraoin
Paul Conroy
Thomas Flynn
Michael Daly
Johnny Heaney
Eamonn Brannigan
Damien Comer
Shane Walsh

Armstrong unless injured will start,I think you will find s.walsh the one not starting.'

I am surprised lavelle starts in goal again he was an accident waiting to happen the last day but surely couldnt be as bad again?
I expect brannigan will move out to wing forward with Heaney playing a deeper role, Heaney was excellent when ye beat us in FBD at start of the year

Maroon Manc

Quote from: cornetto on July 05, 2017, 08:43:18 AM

Ruairi Lavelle
Cathal Sweeney
Declan Kyne
Eoghan Kerin
Gary O'Donnell (Captain)
Gareth Bradshaw
Liam Silke
Fiontán Ó Curraoin
Paul Conroy
Thomas Flynn
Michael Daly
Johnny Heaney
Eamonn Brannigan
Damien Comer
Shane Walsh

Walsh injured?

cornetto

Well no,that's not a definite, he was being treated for a hamstring injury,it's just when I saw Armstrong omitted it didn't add up.