Armagh v Fermanagh - Sunday 25th June at 6:30pm

Started by Orior, June 09, 2017, 09:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Quote from: Erne Man on June 26, 2017, 04:32:30 PM
Pretty much as expected from the game last night.
We made a decent start, but masked by some bad wides by Armagh. Thought Armagh were always in control of the game, and our inability to get scores (other than Tomas frees and a few long range efforts) was worrying.
Sadly I think we are in for a prolonged spell in Division 3. The poor performances at minor and u-21 level where we regularly get hockeyed doesnt suggest we will uncover many nuggets over the next few years. I know Pete is a thoughtful individual, and won't have made any rash announcements after the game last night, but I suspect he will hang up the managers bib, in Fermanagh at least. Great credit to him for taking the role on, and making some decent progress in his tenure. Our issue will always be that even within the 3/4yr cycle of a manager, we will have small peaks along the way and a large trough in the last year of their tenure - no-one tends to leave the Fermanagh position on a high!

Good performance from Armagh, and a great draw for them in the next round. We got Westmeath a couple of years ago after a Leinster final drubbing by the Dubs, and you could tell they weren't mentally right.

A case of players tending to drop off the panel after a couple of years and then basically a new panel again? Hard to keep the motivation up if there's not much hope of silverware after a few years.

That's just, like your opinion man.

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on June 26, 2017, 07:30:29 AM

For example,the crowd at the AI semi final between Armagh and Kerry in 1982 was a mere 17,000.
Probably 16,000 Armagh, 500 Kerry and 500 lonely people who wanted somewhere to go on a Sunday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

All the same can you imagine a crowd of just 17,000 at an All Ireland semi final nowadays? Having said that , I was at an Ulster semi final at O'Neill Park Dungannon (when did Tyrone even play there last),and watched an Ulster Championship game at Casement from a car parked at the top of the hill/terracing,which was allowed to be driven in.Unimaginable these days.

lurganblue

Quote from: T Fearon on June 27, 2017, 12:10:55 AM
All the same can you imagine a crowd of just 17,000 at an All Ireland semi final nowadays? Having said that , I was at an Ulster semi final at O'Neill Park Dungannon (when did Tyrone even play there last),and watched an Ulster Championship game at Casement from a car parked at the top of the hill/terracing,which was allowed to be driven in.Unimaginable these days.

Where you one of those people who doot the horn when your team scores? Although that's more of a south Armagh thing  :P

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: lurganblue on June 27, 2017, 09:13:38 AM

Where you one of those people who doot the horn when your team scores? Although that's more of a south Armagh thing  :P

For full clarification cullyhanna or silverbridge....Culloville to a lesser extent😂

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 27, 2017, 09:23:43 AM

For full clarification cullyhanna or silverbridge....Culloville to a lesser extent😂

Hence a South Armagh thing ;). Anyway if u lot were to hoot your horn at every score you wouldn't hear your ears FFS
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on June 27, 2017, 09:54:06 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 27, 2017, 09:23:43 AM

Hence a South Armagh thing ;). Anyway if u lot were to hoot your horn at every score you wouldn't hear your ears FFS

We only hoot our horns for winning trophies....still often enough😂