Leinster SFC

Started by Catch and Kick, May 18, 2017, 11:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Jinxy on June 05, 2017, 01:53:47 PM
Is the Meath v Kildare game exclusively on SKY?
I'll be at it, so makes no odds to me but if it's not on RTE that's a disgrace.
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=271172

Why a disgrace?

Jinxy

Because it has the makings of a cracking game and the vast majority of people won't be able to watch it.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

They wouldn't bother watching it anyway, we are two nothing counties with no hopes of achieving anything.
RTE will show the big one the following week between Dublin and Westmeath/Offaly.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on June 05, 2017, 02:06:58 PM
Because it has the makings of a cracking game and the vast majority of people won't be able to watch it.

Joe Public only care if Dublin are playing. And then maybe if it's a provincial final so they can get their jollies rooting for the underdogs.

Dinny Breen

Only the worthy should be allowed watch Kildare v Meath.

I see O'Moore Park wasn't sold out Saturday really should have been played in DC Park.

Eugene in the Indo having a pop at Carlow for not having a cut at Dublin. Seriously!!!!
#newbridgeornowhere

Cunny Funt

Sky better coverage,better commentary,better match analysis. If one happens to have Sky they should be delighted it's covered by them instead of RTE.

Catch and Kick

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 05, 2017, 04:10:06 PM

I see O'Moore Park wasn't sold out Saturday really should have been played in DC Park.

Eugene in the Indo having a pop at Carlow for not having a cut at Dublin. Seriously!!!!

Carlow performance was impressive. No shot on the Carlow goal. Dublin got some very soft scoreable frees at the D, Connolly not even carded by linesman who fingered Murphy for sending off! Played All Ireland Champs with 14 men for long stretch of second half. Not bad for a Div 4 side

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on June 04, 2017, 11:54:16 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 04, 2017, 11:38:22 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 04, 2017, 11:33:02 PM
Cillian O'Sullivan was poor by his standards today.
Will need a big game from him the next day.

He was your best player in the league game. His direct running can cause real problems.
Niall Kelly could have got more involved today from our point of view, he is capable of a lot more and when he plays well it brings up the standard of those around him.

We have plenty of direct runners now, the problem is they often take the wrong option when they have to shoot/pass at the end of the run.
Butchered a few goal chances today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zxPEGfb7mM
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Jinxy

lol
Crazy old Eugene.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Catch and Kick on June 05, 2017, 04:16:37 PM

Carlow performance was impressive. No shot on the Carlow goal. Dublin got some very soft scoreable frees at the D, Connolly not even carded by linesman who fingered Murphy for sending off! Played All Ireland Champs with 14 men for long stretch of second half. Not bad for a Div 4 side

They were indeed impressive especially in the 1st half with their timing and execution of the tackle.

Rossfan

If enough people were interested the game would be in Croke Park.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Avondhu star

Quote from: Rossfan on June 05, 2017, 06:09:20 PM
If enough people were interested the game would be in Croke Park.
Ah but worra bow the Champions league foynel
The Gaa should have played the match earlier
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

mayoaremagic

I think were looking at the Leinster final here. Looks like them jackeens had their day.

mayoaremagic

Quote from: tippabu on June 03, 2017, 08:31:54 PM
Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 08:28:20 PM
Of course he shouldn't have done it but it doesn't make it a banning offence because of his disciplinary past. He put a hand on a ref but didn't push or grab him so it's not a ban IMO.

Rules are rules....or so we are told....our keeper is after getting 12 weeks anyway

If your Comerford was a Tipp hurler would he have got 12 weeks?? Surely your hurling keeper done worse and got away scot free  :P

Hound

Great to see Kildare and Meath no longer being rubbish.
And the Kildare panel even got a weekend away in Portugal to prepare.
Good men in charge of both team it seems.

With the Dubs looking a little less daunting, there may be some good games in Leinster this year.