Leinster SFC

Started by Catch and Kick, May 18, 2017, 11:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Quote from: Syferus on June 04, 2017, 01:19:55 AM
Quote from: Zulu on June 04, 2017, 01:14:50 AM
Quote from: Syferus on June 04, 2017, 01:10:30 AM
Quote from: Zulu on June 04, 2017, 01:05:47 AM
Do you believe he shouldn't kick a ball in 2017 unless Dublin reach the All Ireland final?

If you don't like the time don't do the fĂșcking crime, lad.

Is logic your kryptonite?

It appears to be yours. I'm starting to think you may be a troll account in the vein of fox commander or stallion or mayoaremagic such is your insistence of absolving Dublin of issues it creates on and off the field.

Ok, I'm going to try and start again with you, how am I absolving Dublin of issues it creates?

Zulu

Quote from: tippabu on June 04, 2017, 01:26:13 AM
Quote from: Zulu on June 04, 2017, 01:15:39 AM
Quote from: tippabu on June 04, 2017, 01:12:29 AM
Quote from: Zulu on June 04, 2017, 01:05:47 AM
Do you believe he shouldn't kick a ball in 2017 unless Dublin reach the All Ireland final?

Actually, sorry, yes I do think both should be, if it was soccer, rugby or any other major sport and same happened I'm sure they'd be dealt with the same.

Very different seasons.

Still wouldn't be accepted...look at di canio for sheff weds years ago....ref went down easy!!! But still how long did he get?  I do agree can't stress that enough but as minor as it is can't do what he done. Will be interesting to see how it pans out but if they want to lay down a "respect" campaign he has to be sanctioned

I've no idea what DiCanio did as I don't watch soccer but if he got 11 games it was in a 50 game season when most games are relevant (I presume?). If Connolly got 3 months for this he would be getting a suspension for all important games he plays in a year.

tippabu

Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 10:53:09 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 03, 2017, 09:29:36 PM
Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 09:20:11 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 03, 2017, 09:04:31 PM
Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 08:48:12 PM
Seeing the replay there it was a bit more aggressive than I thought, there was a push to be fair. Still don't think that warrants a 12 week suspension but Connolly was silly to do what he did.
Aggressively pushing an official would warrant at least a 12 week ban in probably every sport in the world.

Probably, but 12 weeks isn't a full season in most sports. If Connolly gets 12 weeks now the only IC game he could play in for the rest of 2017 would be the All Ireland final. I think that's overly harsh for what he did.
I wouldn't be sure about the "full season" thing. Had he done it in a league match in March, he'd be back. Referees being pushed is something that we definitely don't want in our games and hefty sanctions must be applied to deter people from doing it. I have no sympathy for anyone who acts like that towards a ref. Its a scummy act.

It was hardly a 'scummy act' in fairness. It is a full season when we only view the championship as important.

Just looked...he got 11 matches...wasnt a scummy act, connolly. Maybe rules need adjusting but that's the flaw in gaa, leitrim have to play 3 games to reach a connaight final roscommon and 1, so banning for number of games in that case would be flawed

Zulu

Sorry, don't follow. Our season is inherently flawed but surely match bans are better than time bans?

tippabu

Quote from: Zulu on June 04, 2017, 01:51:39 AM
Sorry, don't follow. Our season is inherently flawed but surely match bans are better than time bans?

Just say lenghty bans for similar offenses isn't uncommon....lets just see how it pans out.... hate campaigns against Connolly and Keegan and the likes but some times have to just hold hands up.

J70

Quote from: Zulu on June 04, 2017, 12:43:12 AM
Quote from: hardstation on June 04, 2017, 12:31:27 AM
I don't think that's true at all. We aren't out to get him. Indeed, it's possible your attitude would be different had it been a Carlow player.

Not at all. I'm not a Dub for a start and I wouldn't want anyone suspended for 12 weeks for what Connolly did. I understand why touching a referee is punished so severely and I agree with that but I can't accept what Connolly did deserves a 12 week suspension and I wouldn't if it had been Brendan Murphy.

Really??

I've been under the impression for years that you're a Dub! :)

What county are you?

lenny

Quote from: tippabu on June 04, 2017, 02:02:54 AM
Quote from: Zulu on June 04, 2017, 01:51:39 AM

Just say lenghty bans for similar offenses isn't uncommon....lets just see how it pans out.... hate campaigns against Connolly and Keegan and the likes but some times have to just hold hands up.

Mattie Donnelly got away with a clear punch on camera last sunday so it'll be interesting to see if video evidence is used here.

Dinny Breen

Give Repect Get Respect.

Terrible slogan. DC is guilty imho the problem as with everything in GAA is the rule book and the Sanction. Minimum 12 weeks. In rugby terms what DC done is sanctionable but if got more than 6 weeks it would be outrageous and most clubs would appeal.

The GAA are second to none when it comes to creating a administrative mess.
#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 04, 2017, 09:33:55 AM
Give Repect Get Respect.

Terrible slogan. DC is guilty imho the problem as with everything in GAA is the rule book and the Sanction. Minimum 12 weeks. In rugby terms what DC done is sanctionable but if got more than 6 weeks it would be outrageous and most clubs would appeal.

The GAA are second to none when it comes to creating a administrative mess.
I think it's a reflection of Irish culture.

There is this weird thing in the courts where judges distinguish between people from *decent hard working families* and untouchables. As if one group is different Under the law. Accountability is very weak in the business world.
Just look at the religious orders and the redress. There is a general sense of not buying in to society and that is reflected in GAA sanctions and application of rules. It's never going to be like Singapore.   

#sherlookit
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

dclane

Why didn't the linesman tell the Ref about it when it happened.?

trileacman

Di Canio to be fair only pushes the ref away, he didn't direct all that much vitrol at him. I would rate Connollys offence to be as bad as he clearly fucks the linesman off in that incident.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

J70

Brendan Devenney got six months for giving Joe McQuillan a couple of gentle pushes in 2004.

Shamrock Shore

Connolly will get the minimum 12 weeks and more if the deciders look at his record overall.

No ifs, buts or maybes from the hardened Dubs on here. I would expect the same if a Longford lad did it.

lenny

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 04, 2017, 01:09:00 PM
Connolly will get the minimum 12 weeks and more if the deciders look at his record overall.

No ifs, buts or maybes from the hardened Dubs on here. I would expect the same if a Longford lad did it.

No way does that deserve a ban, he barely touches the linesman. Plenty of players give refs far more in terms of verbals and get away with it all the time.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: lenny on June 04, 2017, 01:18:21 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 04, 2017, 01:09:00 PM

No way does that deserve a ban, he barely touches the linesman. Plenty of players give refs far more in terms of verbals and get away with it all the time.

I can understand what you're saying but the marker should be laid down that you cannot touch an official like that to complain about an action. It's not like he put his arm round the linesman to have a chat while a card was being given.