Leinster SFC

Started by Catch and Kick, May 18, 2017, 11:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Is the season uniform? We changed our suspensions from covering everything to just the code and level you are playing in. So is it 'mental' to have game suspensions rather than time suspensions for championship?

Syferus

I've never seen one person become so instantly animated on a new topic because of the potential of a single player being impacted by his own actions.

Zulu

Don't know what Di Canio did but at least he was punished in a structured season. What percentage of a season is 11 games in soccer, about a fifth? And at that possibly missing no vital games? As I've said, I don't condone what Connolly did but I don't agree that what he did means he can't play football for Dublin again until 2018 unless they make the All Ireland final. I reckon a few more around here would agree if it wasn't Connolly.

mayoaremagic

Quote from: Syferus on June 03, 2017, 08:33:50 PM
Quote from: tippabu on June 03, 2017, 08:31:54 PM
Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 08:28:20 PM
Of course he shouldn't have done it but it doesn't make it a banning offence because of his disciplinary past. He put a hand on a ref but didn't push or grab him so it's not a ban IMO.

Rules are rules....or so we are told....our keeper is after getting 12 weeks anyway

The GAA can't let this one go so soon afterwards that, however much they might like to. Anything less will just make it more obvious to everyone how rigged a system gaelic football is in favour of a single side.

How long suspension did Frankie dolan serve when got sent off against Castlebar years ago for assaulting referee?

tippabu

Quote from: hardstation on June 04, 2017, 12:31:27 AM
I don't think that's true at all. We aren't out to get him. Indeed, it's possible your attitude would be different had it been a Carlow player.

I guarantee mine wouldn't.. .I think Connolly gets a very rough ride,  he's targeted by media and opposition, if it was a carlow player I'd be highlighting it too because of the situation we find ourselves in too. As stupid as it sounds said a lot about Connolly that a nothing match like this means so much to him. It's a shame but he has to deal with what comes of it now. Big surprise from tonight is how happy brannigan has been in some of our matches to get involved from the line and how he did with carlow rec but didn't react to this

Zulu

Quote from: hardstation on June 04, 2017, 12:31:27 AM
I don't think that's true at all. We aren't out to get him. Indeed, it's possible your attitude would be different had it been a Carlow player.

Not at all. I'm not a Dub for a start and I wouldn't want anyone suspended for 12 weeks for what Connolly did. I understand why touching a referee is punished so severely and I agree with that but I can't accept what Connolly did deserves a 12 week suspension and I wouldn't if it had been Brendan Murphy.

Zulu

Do you believe he shouldn't kick a ball in 2017 unless Dublin reach the All Ireland final?

Syferus

Quote from: Zulu on June 04, 2017, 01:05:47 AM
Do you believe he shouldn't kick a ball in 2017 unless Dublin reach the All Ireland final?

If you don't like the time don't do the fĂșcking crime, lad.

tippabu

No.....but should another player from a lesser county be suspended for the whole county season for the same thing?

tippabu

Actually, sorry, yes I do think both should be, if it was soccer, rugby or any other major sport and same happened I'm sure they'd be dealt with the same.

Zulu

Quote from: tippabu on June 04, 2017, 01:11:12 AM

No.....but should another player from a lesser county be suspended for the whole county season for the same thing?

No.

Zulu

Quote from: Syferus on June 04, 2017, 01:10:30 AM

Is logic your kryptonite?

Zulu

Quote from: tippabu on June 04, 2017, 01:12:29 AM

Actually, sorry, yes I do think both should be, if it was soccer, rugby or any other major sport and same happened I'm sure they'd be dealt with the same.

Very different seasons.

Syferus

Quote from: Zulu on June 04, 2017, 01:14:50 AM
Quote from: Syferus on June 04, 2017, 01:10:30 AM

Is logic your kryptonite?

It appears to be yours. I'm starting to think you may be a troll account in the vein of fox commander or stallion or mayoaremagic such is your insistence of absolving Dublin of issues it creates on and off the field.

tippabu

Quote from: Zulu on June 04, 2017, 01:15:39 AM
Quote from: tippabu on June 04, 2017, 01:12:29 AM

Very different seasons.

Still wouldn't be accepted...look at di canio for sheff weds years ago....ref went down easy!!! But still how long did he get?  I do agree can't stress that enough but as minor as it is can't do what he done. Will be interesting to see how it pans out but if they want to lay down a "respect" campaign he has to be sanctioned