Leinster SFC

Started by Catch and Kick, May 18, 2017, 11:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Quote from: hardstation on June 03, 2017, 09:04:31 PM
Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 08:48:12 PM
Seeing the replay there it was a bit more aggressive than I thought, there was a push to be fair. Still don't think that warrants a 12 week suspension but Connolly was silly to do what he did.
Aggressively pushing an official would warrant at least a 12 week ban in probably every sport in the world.

Probably, but 12 weeks isn't a full season in most sports. If Connolly gets 12 weeks now the only IC game he could play in for the rest of 2017 would be the All Ireland final. I think that's overly harsh for what he did.

Zulu

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 03, 2017, 09:17:53 PM
Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 08:44:17 PM
The contact wasn't aggressive so a ban wouldn't be appropriate IMO. I don't know what Evan did so maybe his ban isn't appropriate either but Connolly get a 3 month ban for what he did would be ridiculous. Did Tommy Walsh get a ban for splitting a ref?

Don't think there is anything in the rules about it having to be particularity aggressive. I think it says any "minor inteference" is a minimum 12 week ban.

That's correct but as I said already you could use that to ban a guy even if he was just tapping a ref on the shoulder to make him aware of something. The rules in GAA are worded so vaguely that you can get away with most things if you are willing to challenge it.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 09:22:35 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 03, 2017, 09:17:53 PM
Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 08:44:17 PM
The contact wasn't aggressive so a ban wouldn't be appropriate IMO. I don't know what Evan did so maybe his ban isn't appropriate either but Connolly get a 3 month ban for what he did would be ridiculous. Did Tommy Walsh get a ban for splitting a ref?

Don't think there is anything in the rules about it having to be particularity aggressive. I think it says any "minor inteference" is a minimum 12 week ban.

That's correct but as I said already you could use that to ban a guy even if he was just tapping a ref on the shoulder to make him aware of something. The rules in GAA are worded so vaguely that you can get away with most things if you are willing to challenge it.

That's a completely different context.

Syferus

Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 09:20:11 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 03, 2017, 09:04:31 PM
Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 08:48:12 PM
Seeing the replay there it was a bit more aggressive than I thought, there was a push to be fair. Still don't think that warrants a 12 week suspension but Connolly was silly to do what he did.
Aggressively pushing an official would warrant at least a 12 week ban in probably every sport in the world.

Probably, but 12 weeks isn't a full season in most sports. If Connolly gets 12 weeks now the only IC game he could play in for the rest of 2017 would be the All Ireland final. I think that's overly harsh for what he did.

Rules are rules.

Jinxy

He could have killed him.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Connolly getting a suspension would be beneficial for Dublin, he was terrible tonight. The only other player dragging Dublin's perfromace levels down so much is Kilkenny who remains the most negative player in the GAA at the moment. If Dublin returned to playing with balls and a more direct game they'd be unbeatable, currently they are giving teams a chance.
McCaffrey and the referee were the difference between the teams tonight.

thejuice

It would be a shame if that resulted in a 12 week ban. There was little to it and sure if we stick to the rules as they're written he'll get 12 weeks but for me that's taking it too far. He was being pushed around by three Carlow lads right before he got in the linesmans face about it.

Fair play to Carlow, pity that Murphy got the line.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Syferus

Quote from: thejuice on June 03, 2017, 09:31:06 PM
It would be a shame if that resulted in a 12 week ban. There was little to it and sure if we stick to the rules as they're written he'll get 12 weeks but for me that's taking it too far. He was being pushed around by three Carlow lads right before he got in the linesmans face about it.

Fair play to Carlow, pity that Murphy got the line.

Bit like those Louth louts holding onto Joe as he dived for glory.

thejuice

No That didn't happen. That goal simply shouldn't have been allowed.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

tippabu

On the match and year so far....dublin seem to be struggling big time to create goal chances, not reading anything into tonight's game really bit it's been an issue for a while now

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Teams will no longer fear them as much thanks to their chosen style of play.

Carbery

I'm sure the CCCC will be consistent and propose the minimum suspension of 12 weeks to The Dublin player for laying a hand on the linesman.  Remember the Armagh manager is currently serving a 12 week suspension for an alleged comment to a linesman proposed by CCCC and upheld bt the Central Hearings Committee or will Dublin get treated differently?
Interesting few days ahead for so call GAA impartial Committees!

Syferus

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 03, 2017, 10:10:49 PM

They can decide to fear them or not but they will sleepwalk through every team in the country to a third title in a row.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Carbery on June 03, 2017, 10:15:34 PM
I'm sure the CCCC will be consistent and propose the minimum suspension of 12 weeks to The Dublin player for laying a hand on the linesman.  Remember the Armagh manager is currently serving a 12 week suspension for an alleged comment to a linesman proposed by CCCC and upheld bt the Central Hearings Committee or will Dublin get treated differently?
Interesting few days ahead for so call GAA impartial Committees!

They won't be, everybody knows that.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on June 03, 2017, 10:16:36 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 03, 2017, 10:10:49 PM

They can decide to fear them or not but they will sleepwalk through every team in the country to a third title in a row.
I presume you have deleted your NFL Final prediction from your little mindeen ;D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM