Leinster SFC

Started by Catch and Kick, May 18, 2017, 11:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

If it was Joe McQuillan instead of Branagan, Connolly would be gone and awaiting a 12 week ban based on the ref's report.  SKY are making sure the video evidence is played over and over again to ensure the CCCC do Hurson's job for him.

Zulu

The contact wasn't aggressive so a ban wouldn't be appropriate IMO. I don't know what Evan did so maybe his ban isn't appropriate either but Connolly get a 3 month ban for what he did would be ridiculous. Did Tommy Walsh get a ban for splitting a ref?

Syferus

Honestly, I hope to God Brolly roasts them tomorrow night. They won't be able to ignore it then.

Zulu

Seeing the replay there it was a bit more aggressive than I thought, there was a push to be fair. Still don't think that warrants a 12 week suspension but Connolly was silly to do what he did.

AZOffaly

It's a bit sad but he's in danger of turning into a liability for Dublin. He's not really influencing games,  lads are getting under his skin too easily and he is losing discipline. I wonder would a stint as a sub free him up a bit. He's even making terrible decisions on the ball now.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 08:48:12 PM
Seeing the replay there it was a bit more aggressive than I thought, there was a push to be fair. Still don't think that warrants a 12 week suspension but Connolly was silly to do what he did.

It wasn't a huge push but he 100 per cent acted aggressively towards an official and put a hand on him in bad temper. There also appeared to be verbal abuse. Under the rules it's a 12 week ban, I can't see any defence for him but no doubt they'll find something.

Cooper gets away with a lot of messing of the ball.

AZOffaly

Lads the rule is crystal. It's 12 weeks.

tippabu

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 03, 2017, 08:54:11 PM

It wasn't a huge push but he 100 per cent acted aggressively towards an official and put a hand on him in bad temper. There also appeared to be verbal abuse. Under the rules it's a 12 week ban, I can't see any defence for him but no doubt they'll find something.

I doubt he'll have a case to answer for...will probably just let go

AZOffaly

tegory V
(i) Minor physical interference (e.g. laying a
hand on, pushing, pulling or jostling) with
a Referee, Umpire, Linesman or Sideline
Official.

(ii) Threatening language to a Referee, Umpire,
Linesman or Sideline Official.
(iii) Threatening or abusive conduct towards
a Referee, Umpire, Linesman or Sideline
Official.
Penalties:
(1) Minimum: 12 weeks Suspension in all Codes
and at all Levels;
(2) Minimum on Repeat Infraction: 24 weeks
Suspension in all Codes and at all Levels.

Syferus

Quote from: tippabu on June 03, 2017, 09:06:46 PM

If they try to push this one under the rug after doing Comerford a week ago it will be truly incredible.

tippabu

Quote from: Syferus on June 03, 2017, 09:09:11 PM
Quote from: tippabu on June 03, 2017, 09:06:46 PM

If they try to push this one under the rug after doing Comerford a week ago it will be truly incredible.

Only thing I'm hoping now is comerfords, appeal gets overturned now in light of this. Will be seen as hypocrisy if one gets a ban one doesn't. Both still might

AZOffaly

Connolly will get banned.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 08:44:17 PM
The contact wasn't aggressive so a ban wouldn't be appropriate IMO. I don't know what Evan did so maybe his ban isn't appropriate either but Connolly get a 3 month ban for what he did would be ridiculous. Did Tommy Walsh get a ban for splitting a ref?

Don't think there is anything in the rules about it having to be particularity aggressive. I think it says any "minor inteference" is a minimum 12 week ban.

seafoid

GAA discipline should be outsourced to protestants.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Captain Obvious

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 03, 2017, 09:15:40 PM
Connolly will get banned.
I have my doubts afterall it's the same Connolly that avoided suspensions before.