Leinster SFC

Started by Catch and Kick, May 18, 2017, 11:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

I don't think there's anything there, he didn't push him so a ban would be very harsh IMO.

Syferus

I was just about to ask where Zulu/Indiana were. Cop on lad. A player with his chequered history of discipline shouldn't put his pinkie finger near an official, if he had any sense.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 08:22:47 PM
I don't think there's anything there, he didn't push him so a ban would be very harsh IMO.

Doesn't have to push. Hands on him is enough. 12 weeks is minimum suspension.

Zulu

Of course he shouldn't have done it but it doesn't make it a banning offence because of his disciplinary past. He put a hand on a ref but didn't push or grab him so it's not a ban IMO.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 08:28:20 PM
Of course he shouldn't have done it but it doesn't make it a banning offence because of his disciplinary past. He put a hand on a ref but didn't push or grab him so it's not a ban IMO.

According to the rules it is. Hands on an official is the wording.

Zulu

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 03, 2017, 08:27:01 PM

No it's not. If you patted a ref on the back for a good decision then under your interpretation that's a 12 week ban. Clearly the manner of the physical interaction matters and IMO what happened isn't enough for a 3 month suspension. The fact it's Connolly may mean some here want it to be but it isn't IMO.

tippabu

Rules are rules....or so we are told....our keeper is after getting 12 weeks anyway

AZOffaly

It's a bit sad but he's in danger of turning into a liability for Dublin. He's not really influencing games,  lads are getting under his skin too easily and he is losing discipline. I wonder would a stint as a sub free him up a bit. He's even making terrible decisions on the ball now.

Syferus

Quote from: tippabu on June 03, 2017, 08:31:54 PM

Rules are rules....or so we are told....our keeper is after getting 12 weeks anyway

The GAA can't let this one go so soon afterwards that, however much they might like to. Anything less will just make it more obvious to everyone how rigged a system gaelic football is in favour of a single side.

Zulu

Take the tinfoil hat off and go get some fresh air.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 08:30:48 PM

No it's not. If you patted a ref on the back for a good decision then under your interpretation that's a 12 week ban. Clearly the manner of the physical interaction matters and IMO what happened isn't enough for a 3 month suspension. The fact it's Connolly may mean some here want it to be but it isn't IMO.

He was very aggressive and the rule is quite black and white. It's a 12 week suspension I have no doubt Dublin's legal team have already commenced working on their defence.
#newbridgeornowhere

Zulu

I don't know what your lad did but Connolly shouldn't get banned IMO. If we were to apply the rules strictly as per rule book then there'd be little or no physical contact in either football or hurling.

Zulu

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 03, 2017, 08:36:43 PM
Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 08:30:48 PM

He was very aggressive and the rule is quite black and white. It's a 12 week suspension I have no doubt Dublin's legal team have already commenced working on their defence.

Not in the contact Dinny. Yes, he was slabbering but the contact with the ref wasn't aggressive.

Captain Obvious

11-2 to Dublin in that second half more along the expected lines and as expected the Carlow sending off ended the competitiveness of that contest.

tippabu

Quote from: Zulu on June 03, 2017, 08:37:33 PM

I don't know what your lad did but Connolly shouldn't get banned IMO. If we were to apply the rules strictly as per rule book then there'd be little or no physical contact in either football or hurling.

Ah here....he was aggressive, put hands on his chest and pointed giving out straight after it. I would agree suspension would be harsh but I am abit bitter and does look one rule for one one rule for others. Who knows maybe this incident will help our appeal but I wouldn't count on it. Btw I've nothing at all against Connolly or the dubs