2017 Leinster MFC

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, May 07, 2017, 07:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

No thread here yet. Meath out after losing to Laois, Carlow upset Westmeath but not a massive surprise, while Wexford get the better of Wicklow. An Offaly man told me that the Wexford team were the worst minor team he had ever seen after Offaly hammered them in the preliminary round. Dublin and Kildare have been consistently the best 2 teams at this grade for the last few years but I'd expect the likes of Offaly and maybe Laois and Louth to be very competitive this year. Carlow will be a tough game for anyone too and Longford always command respect.

The quarter final draw will be interesting.

Dinny Breen

The @ElectricIreland @gaaleinster Minor FC Q/final draw:
Wexford v Carlow
Dublin v Longford
Laois v Kildare
Louth v Offaly
On 20th May
#newbridgeornowhere

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Won't be an easy one for Kildare, they will be very confident after beating a well fancied Meath team.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

I wasn't at it but it looks like Laois gave Kildare a bit of a fright today but the lads showed good mental toughness to demolish them in the second half. They won 1-14 to 2-6. It was 2-3 to 3 points after 18 minutes and Kildare trailed by 4 at half time.

Dinny Breen

Dublin 6-12 Longford 0-5
Louth 0-15 Offaly 1-11
Kildare 1-14 Laois 2-6

Good to see there's nothing following up Dublin's generation.

Dublin and Kildare will be looking to avoid each other but for the neutrals it would be good if they are drawn together in the semi.
#newbridgeornowhere

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Carlow and Wexford play tomorrow, I'd expect a Carlow win there.

Donnellys Hollow

Kildare took over once they switched David Kelly onto the big Laois no 8. Outscored Laois 1-12 to 0-3 after the second Laois goal.

Second game in a row they've finished very strongly. Might not get away with the slow starts against the likes of Dublin.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Wexford beat Carlow by a point.

SCFC

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 20, 2017, 05:22:50 PM
Kildare took over once they switched David Kelly onto the big Laois no 8. Outscored Laois 1-12 to 0-3 after the second Laois goal.

Second game in a row they've finished very strongly. Might not get away with the slow starts against the likes of Dublin.
Who was ye're number 27 (I think) who came on and did well around the midfield area?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: SCFC on May 21, 2017, 08:31:31 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 20, 2017, 05:22:50 PM

Who was ye're number 27 (I think) who came on and did well around the midfield area?

That was David Kelly. Changed jersey after an early blood injury. He's our only current minor who was playing last year.

The Hill is Blue

The Dubs will meet Kildare in one semi final. Louth will face Wexford in the other one.

http://www.dublingaa.ie/news/minor-footballers-drawn-to-face-kildare-in-leinster-semi-finals
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

stevecw

Dinny Breen

Quote from: stevecw on May 24, 2017, 12:46:20 AM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on May 23, 2017, 08:58:43 PM
The Dubs will meet Kildare in one semi final. Louth will face Wexford in the other one.

http://www.dublingaa.ie/news/minor-footballers-drawn-to-face-kildare-in-leinster-semi-finals

A Dublin v Louth final for sure.

Based on what? I wouldn't be so sure. Form lines would indicate a tight game between Kildare and Dublin, Kildare beat Dublin in the u17 final last year. It's also on in Newbridge midweek July 5th shortly after Leaving Cert.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 24, 2017, 03:18:32 PM
Quote from: stevecw on May 24, 2017, 12:46:20 AM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on May 23, 2017, 08:58:43 PM

A Dublin v Louth final for sure.

Based on what? I wouldn't be so sure. Form lines would indicate a tight game between Kildare and Dublin, Kildare beat Dublin in the u17 final last year. It's also on in Newbridge midweek July 5th shortly after Leaving Cert.

Start like we did against Carlow and Laois and we'll be well bet. We looked a much better team in the second half of both games. It seems like we're short on real standout players this year but that we've quite a deep panel. The subs who have come on in the second half have performed better than the players they were replacing in many cases. I get the impression management are still searching for the best team.

It's hard to know where Dublin stand too. Meath looked home and hosed against them before collapsing. They then went out and lost to Laois. Hard to know with minors.

SCFC

Kildare should win their semi handy. Dublin only drew with Meath in 60 mins. Laois beat Meath and Kildare cruised past Laois.