FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: ck on January 03, 2013, 08:01:29 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 03, 2013, 07:44:21 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 03, 2013, 06:32:11 PM
Quote from: ck on January 02, 2013, 01:40:10 PM
Sligo IT will be severely under strength for opener against Sligo. I'm hearing Eamon O'Hara is making a return. At 38 he has to be the oldest county player in the country

Pretty sure he's 37 and will turn 38 in 2013 but the point still stands - amazing longevity especially when you consider his injury back catalogue.

Tough to see David Kelly out for another league campaign. Though Sligo's season - indeed Walsh's entire tenure, honestly - will be defined by the likely Connacht final in July so although it makes the potential for a promotion push less likely it doesn't move the goalposts too much. Kelly's one of the finest forwards in the country when he's fit.

David Kelly still out? What's his injury. God he's had shocking bad luck with injuries. Sligo have been robbed of his best years

It was in the Indo today, he had surgery in December to sort his ankle out. Walsh said he's definitely out for the entire league campaign but that he'll be back for the trip to London in May.

ck

The lad has had a horrid time of it. Always worry when I see a young lad with a string of injuries like that. A super footballer.

moysider

ck

Syferus

Quote from: ck on January 04, 2013, 10:10:14 PM
I'd be pretty sure Mayo will travel this year if they win

Aka you think there's no September adventures for the Yew County this year?

spuds

Quote from: Syferus on January 04, 2013, 11:35:21 PM

Recorded....
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Syferus

Quote from: spuds on January 05, 2013, 02:53:42 AM

Recorded....

You really shouldn't try to truthiness police when you're coming in from a Friday night on the tear, spuds - you do know that you recorded ck's 'prediction' and not mine...

...right?

sans pessimism

Quote from: Syferus on January 05, 2013, 04:33:07 AM

Recorded....

You really shouldn't try to truthiness police when you're coming in from a Friday [/b] night on the tear, spuds - you do know that you recorded ck's 'prediction' and not mine...
...right?
At 4am plus on this site........hmmm
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Syferus

Quote from: sans pessimism on January 05, 2013, 10:40:36 AM
Quote from: Syferus on January 05, 2013, 04:33:07 AM

Recorded....

You really shouldn't try to truthiness police when you're coming in from a Friday [/b] night on the tear, spuds - you do know that you recorded ck's 'prediction' and not mine...
...right?
At 4am plus on this site........hmmm

I can hold the heavy stuff.  ;)

Rossfan

All roads lead to Elphin tomorrow as the North Ros folks' derby against the dreaded Laythrums gets the 2013 season underway.
Delighted to see the Miley man and Fintan back on the panel and to see the "deserters" of last Summer back too. A reasonably strong team for the FBD announced and hopefully revenge against Laythrum and good performances all round from the lads.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ck on January 03, 2013, 11:46:31 PM
The lad has had a horrid time of it. Always worry when I see a young lad with a string of injuries like that. A super footballer.
As far as im aware its been the same injury all these yrs. It must of been poorly managed for it to go on for this long.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ck

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on January 06, 2013, 10:57:55 AM
As far as im aware its been the same injury all these yrs. It must of been poorly managed for it to go on for this long.

Completely agree. He's at DCU too where you would expect him to receive the best rehab. Something badly wrong somewhere. Sligo co set up need to be finding answers

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ck on January 06, 2013, 11:12:30 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on January 06, 2013, 10:57:55 AM

Completely agree. He's at DCU too where you would expect him to receive the best rehab. Something badly wrong somewhere. Sligo co set up need to be finding answers
Before last summer, i always said to people weve never seen marren on form (last 2 yrs) and a fit kelly together in a sligo forward line, usually we only have 1 star forward, like paul taylor, then sloyan, then kelly, etc.. now we are being robbed of kellys best yrs with marren peaking aswell, it is gut wrenching tbh as last yr we got a snippet of it as kelly wasnt 100%. Wait until 2014 if needs be and tell DCU to fck off.

The reality is if marren gets injured Sligo will not beat Leitrim in Carrick or might not even get out of london.

I presume everyone knows mcintyre has committed this yr, huge boost for sligo county team, it will probably take a while to settle into intercounty but hes been by far the best and most consistent club player last few yrs, i wish him all the luck in the world and gratitude.

SLIGONIAN