TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 16, 2017, 02:24:39 PM
I am liking the new Star Trek on Netflix, seems to be more in common with the 60s series than any of the recent ones.
Absolutely superb, proper Sci fi.

Dinny Breen

Mindhunter, good show 8.5/10.
#newbridgeornowhere

JoG2

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 22, 2017, 07:52:22 PM

4 in, really enjoying it. Conor Gormley playing one of the two leads  ;D

lurganblue

Quote from: bennydorano on October 22, 2017, 02:07:49 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 16, 2017, 02:24:39 PM
I am liking the new Star Trek on Netflix, seems to be more in common with the 60s series than any of the recent ones.
Absolutely superb, proper Sci fi.

Only 3 episodes in but enjoying it. Haven't liked a star trek series since The Next Generation

lurganblue

The return of the Walking Dead tonight. Hopefully they have learned from last season and wont be dragging the plot out.

Jell 0 Biafra

Be nice if they got rid of the CGI tiger and that ridiculous fake medieval court.   

Main Street

Quote from: JoG2 on October 22, 2017, 08:28:51 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 22, 2017, 07:52:22 PM

4 in, really enjoying it. Conor Gormley playing one of the two leads  ;D
The graphics are good in a humorous way, ie the graphic font and font size that splash the screen to indicate what town and state the intrepid duo are entering. It's a throwback to the mid '70's tv drama production values, as if this drama was also being filmed at that time.

Billys Boots

Anyone see this week's episode of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'?  It's a long time since I laughed so much at a TV programme.  Highly recommended. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Billys Boots on October 26, 2017, 02:17:37 PM
Anyone see this week's episode of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'?  It's a long time since I laughed so much at a TV programme.  Highly recommended.

quality show. ep1 of the series was a clinker imo

screenexile

Surprised there's been so little mention of it on here but I'm really enjoying the Handmaid's Tale. . . it's a brilliant storyline and very well acted!!

Esmarelda

Quote from: screenexile on October 26, 2017, 03:03:21 PM
Surprised there's been so little mention of it on here but I'm really enjoying the Handmaid's Tale. . . it's a brilliant storyline and very well acted!!
Top class.

JoG2

Quote from: Esmarelda on October 26, 2017, 04:11:47 PM
Quote from: screenexile on October 26, 2017, 03:03:21 PM
Top class.

Agreed. Watched episode 1 of Alias Grace (also Margaret Attwood) last night... so so, but plenty of potential (hopefully)

The Iceman

Stranger Things Season 2 released on Netflix over here - thats the weekend sorted!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

screenexile

Quote from: The Iceman on October 27, 2017, 01:23:44 PM
Stranger Things Season 2 released on Netflix over here - thats the weekend sorted!

AWESOME!!

gallsman

Blue Planet II on BBC absolutely stunning. Everything you'd expect from an Attenborough doc and in no way disappointing after how incredible Planet Earth II was.