Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

It's only Chelsea lads... agree with Ogra, I thought Herrera was brilliant tonight. Nice to be into the last 8 of the cup now again.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Wolves away only City away would have been tougher.

stiffler

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 18, 2019, 09:41:30 PM
Wolves away only City away would have been tougher.

City at home would have been tougher too.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Insane Bolt

So refreshing to hear OGS speak.

GJL

Great times for Utd fans again. Playing great attacking football. Looking forward to the rest of the season and then hopefully add a few more quality players in the summer. Good times ahead I think.

magpie seanie

Reading some of the comments on here I honestly don't know what lads are looking at....but anyway, I'm not going to be negative.

That was very enjoyable last night. Obviously United looked very dangerous in attack and their passing was so crisp and accurate it was a joy to watch. The defending though....the total committment to the job in hand and to each other was superb. Yes I was nervous until the 95th minute but realisitically Romero didn't have too much to do. We all know that man for man United's defenders aren't the most talented but when you're organised and committed it can make up for a lot of deficiencies. To me, that's the most encouraging aspect of the OGS era - the ability to adjust tactically and gameplan. I also love the freedom he gives the players to rotate areas on the field but that only happens if your teammates are aware of what's going on and willing to fill in for you. Pogba made me laugh a couple of times last night....you could see his natural inclination was to stop running after someone a few times but he seemed to argue with himself and kept going reluctantly. He covered a good bit of ground last night. Rashford is downright scary at the moment.

Beaten Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea away in recent weeks. Bring on next weekend.

Maroon Manc

Agree with Seanie on the tactics aspect.

He set the team up differently last night possibly down to the opposition or even down to the lads missing and it worked a treat. We'll find out a bit more about Ole before the end of the season, if he can keep impressing tactically then he'll get the job.

Lukaku again very disappointing, his touch was woeful and is showing no signs of improvement; Can't imagine he's happy playing second fiddle to Rashford either, I'm sure there'll be interest in him this summer if he wants to move especially amongst the Italian clubs.

Once again no luck with the draw. 

imtommygunn

Surprised reading comments about the draw. If united continue playing the way they are they should be beating wolves ok. Looking at it united look like a top 4 team whereas wolves would be a bit further down the pecking order than that. I think solskjaer will want to win a trophy too. I think it would be great to see a united city final. (Also I think, and it's pleasing to see, that an Irishman Doherty is the heartbeat behind wolves to if they can stop him they can stop wolves).

magpie seanie

Another thing - it seems to me that there's a concerted effort from the management and players to get Sanchez going. He certainly tried hard last night when he got on. They must believe that he's just in bad form and needs a lift to get himself going.

Thought Lukaku was ok at the start of the game. Held a few balls up and played a couple of decent passes but as time wore on he was less effective and by the time he was taken off he looked shattered. Simply doesn't look near fit enough to me.

Draw is a tough one and especially following the two before it. Of course United should win it but an easier home draw would be no harm with the few injuries and lack of real depth in attack.

GJL

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 19, 2019, 12:27:33 PM
Another thing - it seems to me that there's a concerted effort from the management and players to get Sanchez going. He certainly tried hard last night when he got on. They must believe that he's just in bad form and needs a lift to get himself going.

Thought Lukaku was ok at the start of the game. Held a few balls up and played a couple of decent passes but as time wore on he was less effective and by the time he was taken off he looked shattered. Simply doesn't look near fit enough to me.

Draw is a tough one and especially following the two before it. Of course United should win it but an easier home draw would be no harm with the few injuries and lack of real depth in attack.

Noticed Herrara giving him a motivational talk after the game and them made a point of mentioning him in his interview. Good leadership..

Saffrongael

Yeah someone on £400k a week needing it explained to him what is expected of him
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

magpie seanie

Quote from: Saffrongael on February 19, 2019, 12:31:22 PM
Yeah someone on £400k a week needing it explained to him what is expected of him

Having money does not imply anything except being wealthy.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 19, 2019, 10:52:39 AM
Reading some of the comments on here I honestly don't know what lads are looking at....but anyway, I'm not going to be negative.

That was very enjoyable last night. Obviously United looked very dangerous in attack and their passing was so crisp and accurate it was a joy to watch. The defending though....the total committment to the job in hand and to each other was superb. Yes I was nervous until the 95th minute but realisitically Romero didn't have too much to do. We all know that man for man United's defenders aren't the most talented but when you're organised and committed it can make up for a lot of deficiencies. To me, that's the most encouraging aspect of the OGS era - the ability to adjust tactically and gameplan. I also love the freedom he gives the players to rotate areas on the field but that only happens if your teammates are aware of what's going on and willing to fill in for you. Pogba made me laugh a couple of times last night....you could see his natural inclination was to stop running after someone a few times but he seemed to argue with himself and kept going reluctantly. He covered a good bit of ground last night. Rashford is downright scary at the moment.

Well its taken about 3 seasons for that  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2019, 01:26:04 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 19, 2019, 10:52:39 AM

Well its taken about 3 seasons for that  ;)

As recent weeks have proven I couldn't have been more correct. Why don't you stick to improving your predictions!