Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

There's a risk with every player even those signed for a big fee but I just think that IF Utd decide it's time for change for the reasons I gave above he has done well enough to have first pop at it

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 04, 2020, 09:11:09 AM
Quote from: Boycey on March 03, 2020, 08:39:29 PM
If you were to pick the area of the field that United have the least amount of worries about it'd be the goalkeeping but we spend an inordinate amount of time discussing it

For what it's worth Romero, who I like, has spent most of his career both at Sampdoria and United content to play 2nd fiddle, 4 Utd managers haven't really seen him as at threat to DeGea. His clean sheet stats can be explained away by the fact a lot of his appearances were in "lesser" games, so I'd not be handing my hat on him being the future

DeGea has been immense for United, admittedly less so in the last couple of seasons and I think hes gone stale and needs a new challenge. It'd probably be beneficial for both him and United should he move on in the summer. Henderson looks ready to be a first choice and United would benefit from his transfer fee and his wage off their books.

Playing for United is a different story. There's a big list of keepers who have been very good at other clubs but failed at United. It's not a simple decision I think.

At one time....

Cunny Funt

FA Cup quarter final draw.

Sheffield United v Arsenal
Newcastle United v Manchester City
Norwich City v Derby County or Manchester United
Leicester City v Chelsea

Man City got nothing easy against Sheffield Wednesday tonight and last Saturday Derby County beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-1.

Norwich knocked Spurs out on penalties tonight.

Tim Krul the Norwich keeper was given this water bottle before the shoot out.

Milltown Row2

Some skill by Shaw to score that goal  ???
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 05, 2020, 08:22:11 PM
Lingard for once made himself useful on that Shaw shot. Maybe he should stand in front of shots more often?

Ighalo with a very cool finish on that 2nd goal. Rooney had a good effort from a free kick.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 05, 2020, 08:39:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 05, 2020, 08:22:11 PM
Lingard for once made himself useful on that Shaw shot. Maybe he should stand in front of shots more often?

Ighalo with a very cool finish on that 2nd goal. Rooney had a good effort from a free kick.

Rooney looking to get sent off! He's some size around the chest!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Great to see Rooney getting a richly deserved reception from the Utd fans....

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on March 05, 2020, 09:33:13 PM

He was a great player for the club. His last couple of years weren't his best because he didn't have the speed and sharpness for play up front but thought he did himself. He could have played a deeper role for a few more years if he accepted it sooner. Great brain for the game.

Maroon Manc

Rooney should have left the year Fergie left, he was finished as a good player then yet Moyes in his wisdom gave him a 5 year deal.

Never the same player after picking up an injury against Bayern in 2010, lost some his pace after that.

BennyCake

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 06, 2020, 01:12:46 PM
Rooney should have left the year Fergie left, he was finished as a good player then yet Moyes in his wisdom gave him a 5 year deal.

Never the same player after picking up an injury against Bayern in 2010, lost some his pace after that.

Strange time that was. Fergie saying in his last game I think, that Rooney had submitted a transfer request. But Rooney had to deny it early the next season under Moyes.

Always wondered what Fergie was at there. Did he really request to leave or was Fergie stirring the shit, getting Rooney back for him wanting to leave a couple of seasons earlier?

Ambrose

Quote from: Boycey on March 05, 2020, 09:33:13 PM

Speaking of receptions from United fans https://twitter.com/UtdLedger/status/1235868340645588994
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Cunny Funt

United fully deserve that half time lead in the derby. For once a goalkeeping error is a goal scored instead of conceded. City for all of their possession only managed one shot on goal. Lucky they aren't behind by more United had a decent call for penalty and James,Martial had some good chances to score.

Milltown Row2

Simple enough game, well from watching on the phone from Pizza Express!

Cunny Funt

Great Scott what a win for United, a first league double over City for a decade.  A  win built on a solid defensive performance.  10 games unbeaten in all comps and 8 clean sheets in those matches. As for City three defeats to United in transition this season and they are meant to be the 2nd best in the league?

Back to United though still 3 points off 4th and it seems Chelsea has hit top form after beating Everton and Liverpool so all to play for.

screenexile

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 08, 2020, 06:44:25 PM
Great Scott what a win for United, a first league double over City for a decade.  A  win built on a solid defensive performance.  10 games unbeaten in all comps and 8 clean sheets in those matches. As for City three defeats to United in transition this season and they are meant to be the 2nd best in the league?

Back to United though still 3 points off 4th and it seems Chelsea has hit top form after beating Everton and Liverpool so all to play for their.

If in the league table there is a 2 beside your name that means you're the second best team in the league... it was a good win for Utd but y'know you're still behind Chelsea and Leicester!