Eurovision final here we come!!

Started by rrhf, May 08, 2018, 10:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Quote from: Rossfan on May 07, 2024, 09:05:16 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on May 07, 2024, 06:37:51 PMI was hoping Ireland  would boycott it  so we wouldn't be subjected to  that act representing the country.

Upsetting your little narrow mind?
Aw diddums

No, but this country has some great musicians and singers. The fact that this was the best  they could come up with  is  bonkers.

Capt Pat

They made us wait until 9 of the 10 songs were picked. I was thinking here we go again.

Nanderson

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 07, 2024, 10:21:45 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on May 07, 2024, 06:37:51 PMI was hoping Ireland  would boycott it  so we wouldn't be subjected to  that act representing the country.

Aw diddums

No, but this country has some great musicians and singers. The fact that this was the best  they could come up with  is  bonkers.
We've sent good musicians before. We've sent a LGBTQ act that resonates with a lot of what eurovision stands for. We've sent good singers. We've sent popular social media acts. We've sent a god damn turkey. We've now sent something completely different to what we've ever sent before and it actually stands a decent chance of doing well on the left hand side of the board for first time in a long time

From the Bunker

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 07, 2024, 10:22:45 PMThey made us wait until 9 of the 10 songs were picked. I was thinking here we go again.

Never in doubt, especially when Croatia had to wait so long as well.

From the Bunker

Aw diddums

We sent the band Dervish filled with musicians in 2007, and they stood on stage miming to a back track. Eurovision is about a package of Song, dance, image, originality, a bit of madness and so on.

We have not been entering songs with the right characteristics up to now.

Aaron Boone

Would Bambie be representative of Macroom in general?

weareros

It's a song that has grown on me. They are clearly very talented and it's nice to have something different. So I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Crown the Witch! 

Capt Pat

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 07, 2024, 11:14:53 PM

Aw diddums

We sent the band Dervish filled with musicians in 2007, and they stood on stage miming to a back track. Eurovision is about a package of Song, dance, image, originality, a bit of madness and so on.

We have not been entering songs with the right characteristics up to now.

We have some great musical talent alright but we haven't been sending them in 30 years. Other countries send their best and the results show it.

Itchy

The easiest show ever to boycott.

gallsman

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 07, 2024, 11:34:51 PMOther countries send their best and the results show it.

Do they?

lurganblue

The act is totally batshit crazy but I was still interested in watching it. I'd watch it again too. I can see a decent result here.

Capt Pat

Quote from: gallsman on Today at 08:21:30 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on May 07, 2024, 11:34:51 PMOther countries send their best and the results show it.

Do they?

I think some countries do. Ireland don't send their best. The UK doesn't send their best either.