Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 22, 2007, 12:13:56 PM
QuotePS : We wouldn't be noted for poaching too many players as a club, there are lads who will move into Ballina from neighbouring towns, and ask to transfer, as a GAA club we have to facilitate that, but we don't go out looking for too many.Also remember S. Smyth? That moral high ground was levelled a long time ago

i wouldn't use the word poached but ye have certainly benefitted from players transferring, in particular from junior clubs, not mentioning any names but a rotund FF springs to mind  ;)

As for Seamie, FFS he was 16 and was living in Knockmore!

As for McGarry, FFS he was 22 and living in Ballina, he had just transferred from Parnells in Dublin, would you have him travelling up three times a week from Ballina to play with Parnells? Your argument makes no sense, if lads move into the town and want to transfer, they have to be accomadated.

StoneWall

Anyone know if the league proposals were accepted at the county board meeting last night?

RedandGreenSniper

They were passed with only three clubs objecting. Only two will now be promoted/relegated though. Congrats Abbeysider and Co. Not my favourite proposal but ye got the support of the clubs
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

AbbeySider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on January 24, 2007, 09:44:01 AM
Congrats Abbeysider and Co. Not my favourite proposal but ye got the support of the clubs

No congrats necessary RedandGreenSniper.
Was anyone at the meeting?

Will the divisions be open draw next year or will they be seeded as in:
The 1st team in Div 1A & the 2nd team in Div 1B go into one group and
the 1st team in Div 1B & the 2nd team in Div 1A go into the other group etc... ?

RedandGreenSniper

This is the lay out of the divisions according to a mail Sean Feeney sent out.

Division 1A
            Crossmolina, Kiltane, Moy Davitts, Belmullet, Westport, Ballinrobe, Tourmakeady, Davitts, Ballintubber, Louisburgh

Division 1B

Shrule/Glencorrib, Ballina, Claremorris, Castlebar, Charlestown, Breaffy, Ballaghadereen, Burrishoole, Knockmore, Kilmeena

Division 2a
            Garrymore, Cill Chomain, Swinford, Bonniconlon, Aghamore, Carramore, Balla, The Neale, Ballina B Eastern Gaels.

Division 2b
            Kiltimagh, Hollymount, Kilalla, Parke, Kilmaine, Mayo Gaels, Ballyhaunis, Islandeady, Moygownagh, Crossmolina B.

3A    castlebar b, knockmore b, ardnaree,swinford b,lacken, ballintubber b, claremorris b, ballaghadereen b, kilmovee

3B kilfian,lahardane,ballycastle,westport b,achill,ardagh,breaffy b, ballinrobe b,ballycroy. na H-oileain.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Farrandeelin

I'm still slightly confused! Will this have any impact on the Championship standings?? Just clear this up for me please.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 24, 2007, 01:52:25 PM
I'm still slightly confused! Will this have any impact on the Championship standings?? Just clear this up for me please.

No impact on the championship standings. They will remain the same.

5 league games to be played before June and the rest after the championship.

Local competitions like the Kelly Cup, Centenary Cup and North Mayo Cup etc to be played in between.
Then winners of North, South, East and West cups play off again for semi finals and finals.

A motion came from the floor that only one team from each group 1A and 1B should be relegated and that was passed so in essence two teams from senior (1B & 1B) will be relegated and two will be promoted.

StoneWall

Is there only 1 team relegated from 2A and 2B?

AbbeySider

Quote from: StoneWall on January 25, 2007, 01:39:46 PM
Is there only 1 team relegated from 2A and 2B?

Being honest, I dont know for sure...

Farrandeelin

For those who don't know this already Knockmore drew 6 points apiece with Tourmakeady on Sunday in the last game of the 2006 league. A Keane suffered a broken jaw in off the ball incident.

Mayo4Sam

Brave lad that would deck any of the keanes!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

Yea I know but he's out for 3 months. A Keane means Andrew Keane if ye are wondering!

AbbeySider

New league structure in place
26 January 2007

The Mayo leagues will be played under a new format following the clubs decision to agree to proposals made by the Games Review Committee at a specially convened meeting.

The new league structure will see the 60 clubs in the county divided into six divisions, which will be determined by the place standings of the 2006 league.

The divisions will be divided into 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, 3a, 3b and chairman of the GRC Eamon Clarke is confident that the new format will be a success.

"Under this suggestion, we will have ten teams per division, nine games per competition, with all the county players available for those nine games and it's important to stress that point," said Clarke.

"Two teams will be promoted and two relegated, so every game will be highly competitive and with scoring average also to be counted in the event of ties in the final placings, it will be important to score heavily."

and with scoring average also to be counted in the event of ties in the final placings, it will be important to score heavily.

Important to score heavily? That will make it interesting!  ;D  ;D  ;D

muscles magoo

Abbeysider (or anyone else for that metter), do you know when the dates for the leagues are going to be made known? I would have thought that these would have followed on fairly quickly from the approval of the new structures.

criostlinn

Best of look to Killala at the weekend in the All Ireland Junior Semi Final.