Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Well done to Charlestown, they deserved the win. Sweeney was sent off as mayo51 said and that was the turning point in my opinion. Charlestown had the wind in the second half and that helped them as well. They used the wind more effectively than Knockmore did in the first half when we had it and they went to town on us. First half was entertaining enough as Knockmore led by 0-9 to 0-7 at half time. Knockmore didn't use the wind effectively enough imo and continued to handpass the ball instead of letting the ball do the work in the first half, but when they did, they made use of it as Munnelly and Gazza played well. Charlestown could have been in front at half time though as they shot a lot of bad wides. They will have to be better at those the next day or Ballina will punish them.

Finally, the ref was a disgrace today. Any slightest push in the back resulted in a free. He sent off Stephen Sweeney for nothing much. Maybe he did kick out at the Charlestown player, but it wasn't much anyway. As well as that, there was a 'melee' in which a few players could have been sent off but only gave 2 yllows to charlestown men.

However, Charlestown will probably give Ballina a better game in the final than Knockmore because they are a good team. Here's hoping that whoever wins the final goes on to represent Mayo in style in the Connacht and hopefully the all-Ireland series.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mannix

Thats going to be a good weekend for me then,have not seen a game in the flesh since the league semifinal in croker.Think Ballina have a bit more spark than charlestown and would be my favourites to win.

stephenite

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 15, 2007, 07:30:02 PM

Finally, the ref was a disgrace today. Any slightest push in the back resulted in a free. He sent off Stephen Sweeney for nothing much. Maybe he did kick out at the Charlestown player, but it wasn't much anyway. As well as that, there was a 'melee' in which a few players could have been sent off but only gave 2 yllows to charlestown men.

If he kicked out at a player he can't have too many complaints, even if he didn't connect.

Was hoping it would have been Knockmore that came through, Charlestown seem to be a bit of a bogey for us these last few years. But, I've no doubt the lads will be up for it and hopfeully we can make a game of it

Farrandeelin

League games are down for decision this weekend. I see Knockmore play Ballina in Ballina at 6.00 on Saturday evening. A nice warm up for Ballina for the County final the following weekend!

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 18, 2007, 08:17:44 PM
League games are down for decision this weekend. I see Knockmore play Ballina in Ballina at 6.00 on Saturday evening. A nice warm up for Ballina for the County final the following weekend!
It will be like a soccer match i'd say, nobody wanting to get injured or give anything away re. tactics. 1-1 the final score! ; :D

Davitt Man

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on September 19, 2007, 03:05:18 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 18, 2007, 08:17:44 PM
It will be like a soccer match i'd say, nobody wanting to get injured or give anything away re. tactics. 1-1 the final score! ; :D

Lads

Ballina Ballintuber Kiltimagh have requested there league games be called off given that they are playing county finals the following weekend, i presume charlestowns is off as well.

So

Ballina v Knockmore OFF
Moy Davitts v Ballintuber OFF
Ballagh v Charlestown OFF
Mayo Gaels v Kiltimagh OFF

I heard that the final round of league fixtures are down for decision on the 21st Oct!! Even with mayo not having an extended run this year the club scene is still running until end of October

Im glad we got our relegation match out of the way 2 weeks ago, it would be hard to keep the training up for a crucial game in october

prewtna

any news on the big DIV 3 game against achill?

i hear the lads had a powerful win last weekend. james byrne and a few more like him played well im told.

prewtna

Quote from: prewtna on September 20, 2007, 01:56:15 PM
james byrne and a few more like him played well im told.

by that i mean the U-21s - just in case anyone thought i was slurring his good name.

Davitt Man

the top of the table clash between Moy Davitts and Achill is still going ahead at 4.30.

I was out of the country last weekend and i missed the game as well. A number of regulars were missing (8 or 9 were missing) which gave a number of the younger lads a start and they took the opportunity and won the match easily against a poor tourmac team who are still relegation playoff. The legend Hughes was supposed to be flying as usual and a few tourmac lads were sore coming off the pitch. MD are looking good for a league semi but are teams really interested in playing league semis and finals in october, i think not but at the same time if your there why not give it a go

prewtna where you based these days, you back in the capital

Davitt Man

I was reading that Trevor Mortimor is moving to Caherlistrane next year and Conor Mortimor is switching to a Dublin club, thats bad news for shrule.

prewtna

ya im back in the capital again. its thesis year. heading home this afternoon for the all-important div 3 clash. where ye train these days?

Davitt Man

Quote from: prewtna on September 21, 2007, 10:36:24 AM
ya im back in the capital again. its thesis year. heading home this afternoon for the all-important div 3 clash. where ye train these days?

I send you an IM there prewtna

Farrandeelin

Those games that did go ahead yesterday:
Division 1A
Crossmolina Deel Rovers2-19 Ballinrobe 1-9
Davitts 0-9 Louisburgh 0-9
Belmullet 0-9 Kiltane 0-7
Tourmakeady 2-9 Westport 1-7

Division 1B
Castlebar Mitchells 1-15 Kilmeena 2-13

Division 2A
The Neale 0-11 Balla 2-5
Eastern Gaels 1-12 Ballina Stephenites B 3-5

Division 2B
Hollymount v Moygownagh, game conceded by Moygownagh
Ballyhaunis 1-6 Islandeady 2-15

Lads, there's no mention of the Achill v Moy Davitts in Division 3 on mayogaa.com

Division 3A
Aughamore 2-6 Ardnaree 1-8
Lacken 0-2 Knockmore B 1-14

Division 3B
Belmullet B 2-10 Westport B 2-10

Davitt Man

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 23, 2007, 08:40:49 PM
Those games that did go ahead yesterday:
Division 1A
Crossmolina Deel Rovers2-19 Ballinrobe 1-9
Davitts 0-9 Louisburgh 0-9
Belmullet 0-9 Kiltane 0-7
Tourmakeady 2-9 Westport 1-7

Division 1B
Castlebar Mitchells 1-15 Kilmeena 2-13

Division 2A
The Neale 0-11 Balla 2-5
Eastern Gaels 1-12 Ballina Stephenites B 3-5

Division 2B
Hollymount v Moygownagh, game conceded by Moygownagh
Ballyhaunis 1-6 Islandeady 2-15

Lads, there's no mention of the Achill v Moy Davitts in Division 3 on mayogaa.com

Division 3A
Aughamore 2-6 Ardnaree 1-8
Lacken 0-2 Knockmore B 1-14

Division 3B
Belmullet B 2-10 Westport B 2-10

Moy Davitts B drew with Achil in the Div 3a game i dont know the scorel

Davitt Man

Lads is there any relegation in the league this year and how is it working out.

Div 1A Table

Team                             Pld       Points
Crossmolina Deel Rovers       8          15     
Bohola Moy-Davitts              7          11     
Davitts                              8            9     
Westport                          8            8
Ballinrobe                          8            8
Ballintubber                       7            6     
Tourmakeady                    8            6     
Belmullet                          8            6     
Louisburgh                       8             5     
Kiltane                             8             4