European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: jcpen on April 17, 2024, 10:50:28 PMI said it last week after the first game that only a fool would write Madrid off yet we had posters saying it was definitely going to be a Man City v PSG final.
Anyone who knows anything about football could tell you writing off Madrid, 14 times winners, is a foolish thing to do.

You'd imagine that no one would be stupid enough to write Madrid off after the last time they beat City 2 years ago.

Armagh18

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 17, 2024, 10:54:30 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on April 17, 2024, 10:49:17 PMArmagh could take penalties better than Man City.

Be a few boys on that other thread won't acknowledge this as a Madrid win 😋😀
Geezer and  Pep have a lot in common!

jcpen

Commentator mentioned that Silva and the other guy who missed for City had never taken a peno before, like fair play to them for stepping up to take one but wasn't really the time to be taking your first ever peno.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

jcpen

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 17, 2024, 10:55:44 PM
Quote from: jcpen on April 17, 2024, 10:50:28 PMI said it last week after the first game that only a fool would write Madrid off yet we had posters saying it was definitely going to be a Man City v PSG final.
Anyone who knows anything about football could tell you writing off Madrid, 14 times winners, is a foolish thing to do.

You'd imagine that no one would be stupid enough to write Madrid off after the last time they beat City 2 years ago.
And yet there was...

Armagh18

Quote from: jcpen on April 17, 2024, 11:01:54 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 17, 2024, 10:55:44 PM

And yet there was...
Some result anyway.

Sportacus

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 17, 2024, 10:56:17 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 17, 2024, 10:54:30 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on April 17, 2024, 10:49:17 PMArmagh could take penalties better than Man City.

Be a few boys on that other thread won't acknowledge this as a Madrid win 😋😀
Geezer and  Pep have a lot in common!
Salary?

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 17, 2024, 10:54:21 PMA good night for competition that's cup football for you. In truth nobody other than Manchester City supporters wanted to see such a soulless club go on to retain the Champions league title. PSG another soulless so for the health on the sport it will be for the best if they don't win it now that favourties are out.

What's a soulless club?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on Today at 03:42:46 AMWhat's a soulless club?
A team that wasn't in running to win this competition and that all changed once they became a franchise propped up by an oil money. Whatever they win is not seen as any great achievement.

jcpen

Champions League is wide open now City are out, Madrid are probably favorites because of their history and tradition in the competition but really I could see any of the 4 left win it.
Harry might even end up with a Champions League winners medal.
If Arsenal weren't so cowardly last night they would have been in with a great chance of winning it.

Captain Scarlet

I know it's easy to say the best team lost but the concentration levels from Madrid were amazing. And then when it was needed they had lads like Nacho and especially Rudiger jumping in.

City tried to pull them around but it's not like Palace and their low block, these boys were not for turning. Also in the extra time Real did fire a few warning shots to keep City honest.

Truth be told I don't like Pep as he just seems like a flase hoor.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Main Street

Mikel Arteta: Arsenal need 'support and love' after Champions League exit

I think it would be a great gesture if we all could rally around and each in their own way send love vibes to the severely wounded Arsenal team. Somehow take part of the burden away from Mikel's rescue process.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on Today at 11:21:34 AMI know it's easy to say the best team lost but the concentration levels from Madrid were amazing. And then when it was needed they had lads like Nacho and especially Rudiger jumping in.

City tried to pull them around but it's not like Palace and their low block, these boys were not for turning. Also in the extra time Real did fire a few warning shots to keep City honest.

To defend against that quality of player under that much pressure for so long and to not make any mistakes is hugely impressive. Carvahal and Rudiger are boys you would want in the trenches - they'd do well in GAA them boys. City were better but like someone said they didn't really create the chances.

The thing as well is City can completely change the type of threat they have -e.g. Doku on for Grealish going from someone who cuts inside to sheer pace - yet they still dealt with it.

Haaland was non existent too. Absolutely non existent.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on Today at 02:42:53 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on Today at 11:21:34 AMI know it's easy to say the best team lost but the concentration levels from Madrid were amazing. And then when it was needed they had lads like Nacho and especially Rudiger jumping in.

To defend against that quality of player under that much pressure for so long and to not make any mistakes is hugely impressive. Carvahal and Rudiger are boys you would want in the trenches - they'd do well in GAA them boys. City were better but like someone said they didn't really create the chances.

The thing as well is City can completely change the type of threat they have -e.g. Doku on for Grealish going from someone who cuts inside to sheer pace - yet they still dealt with it.

Didn't watch it, listened to some on way back from game, but how many balls were played into Haaland, is he, this year getting the same support? Still joint top in the league, I know some clubs would love a 20 plus striker lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 02:57:57 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on Today at 02:42:53 PM

Didn't watch it, listened to some on way back from game, but how many balls were played into Haaland, is he, this year getting the same support? Still joint top in the league, I know some clubs would love a 20 plus striker lol

Games against the better teams don't suit him, I think last night you could count on one hand how many times he touched the ball, Alvarez came on and was more involved straight away.

Flat track bully I think is the term needed for him