The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straightred

Brolly is far too long winded but he did make some good points tonight. Mayo full back is a liability and Mayo are very vulnerable when you run at them. Cork had 4 or maybe even 5 good goal chances yesterday and only took 2. That's a problem for Mayo

Minder

Quote from: square_ball on July 23, 2017, 11:01:33 PM
Eventually we get the camogie highlights. Been waiting on this all weekend.

Seriously who dreamt this shite up, with camogie "analysts" now too.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

regal

Fair play to mayo & castlebar - 40,000 supporters turning up after their yearly near miss

From the Bunker

Quote from: maigheo on July 23, 2017, 11:00:53 PM
Jeez Brolly has to be the worst analyst ever.He has about 10 false statements in about 2 minutes of analysis

40,000 turn up for to welcome a losing Mayo team in McHale Park. Jez, you'd be lucky to get a thousand (children)! Sorry Brolly but this is not 1989! The novelty of just being in an All Ireland final has well collapsed!

Syferus

He thinks Kerry and Mayo will have it easy enough. This is music to my ears. Joe must have enjoyed his night in Boyle a few weeks ago because he's playing a blinder for us..

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on July 23, 2017, 11:40:04 PM
He thinks Kerry and Mayo will have it easy enough. This is music to my ears. Joe must have enjoyed his night in Boyle a few weeks ago because he's playing a blinder for us..

Don't know about Mayo! But Galway will have their work cut out for them!

maigheo

So Mayo have been unable to win the all Ireland because 40,000 people show up at Mchale park after a finals loss.So happy to have tuned into the Sunday game tonight to have learned that priceless bit of information.Thanks Joe for the brilliance of your observation.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on July 23, 2017, 11:40:04 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Mayo decided to impose droit de seigneur on the Rossies. Connacht is really a caste system featuring Cinderossie and her 2 ugly sisters.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Wondered how long it would take brolly to throw a dig at sky and he didn't disappoint. Must have been in the first minute! He just couldn't help himself.

BennyHarp

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 24, 2017, 05:36:45 AM
Wondered how long it would take brolly to throw a dig at sky and he didn't disappoint. Must have been in the first minute! He just couldn't help himself.

And he managed to get his few obligatory digs at Tyrone in too.
That was never a square ball!!

seafoid

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 24, 2017, 07:04:25 AM

And he managed to get his few obligatory digs at Tyrone in too.
I didn't realise the Tyrone confidence thing. I would have thought they were one of the top teams but after Donegal were beaten there were questions asked. Brolly loves stirring.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Heard that. The match being on sky just means less people watch it at home. If your team is playing in a big match, most people will make their way to a pub, even if they never frequent a pub.

Fuzzman

Brolly just can't help himself can he.
Here he was writing in his newspaper article about Ronan O'Neill's lob but then he comes out with..

For the neutral, it made watching the rest of the match worth it. It also showed the importance of real skill and took the bad taste off Sean Cavanagh's roll around on the ground. Down's leader Kevin McKernan got black-carded, a decision that was swiftly rescinded by the CHC when they watched the footage. If Sean isn't taking one for the team, he's taking one off the other team. It is ironic indeed that a man whose cynicism on the field helped create popular support for the black card has become one of its main beneficiaries.

For those of you who didn't see it. Sean had his back to McKernan who runs at him from behind and shoulders him to the ground into his back.

I see also Colm O'Rourke couldn't resist having a pop at us as well, giving out about Morgan's antics though he did commend big Sean for not reacting to the Down's nipple tactics.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/colm-orourke-pinching-a-players-nipple-is-aggravating-and-a-slap-in-the-mouth-is-the-best-reply-35957735.html

RedHand88

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 24, 2017, 11:16:06 AM

For those of you who didn't see it. Sean had his back to McKernan who runs at him from behind and shoulders him to the ground into his back.

I see also Colm O'Rourke couldn't resist having a pop at us as well, giving out about Morgan's antics though he did commend big Sean for not reacting to the Down's nipple tactics.

Aye. If brolly got a shoulder to the back like that he'd have fallen to the floor as well. He just can't resist having a pop can he.

vallankumous

The photo could be misleading but did Cavanagh think he was getting through there?