Club in Belfast to join

Started by Longshanks, October 12, 2008, 12:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Rav67

Quote from: hardstation on October 12, 2008, 01:00:03 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on October 12, 2008, 12:48:56 PM

Lecale can you join in the training without playing?  Just gone the wrong side of 40 last yr but wouldn't mind going just to get back in some sort of shape and lose a stone or 2.   
Slaughtneil is the club for you.

:D

redhanddefender

if you are in stranmillis the club to join is st brigid's they are very progressive and train at harlequins rugby club on deramore park  contact their website i play in Tyrone and have trained with them a few times quite welcoming and they know their stuff, Pity my home club's training is NOT that good
webs ite is www.stbrigidsgac.com
they have pitches in stranlllis at the YMCA, DERAMORE  PARK off the  Malone road and have just opened a top class pitch at musgrave park

Longshanks

Quote from: Lecale2 on October 12, 2008, 12:44:10 PM
Bredagh's the club for you. We have 3 adult football teams and 2 hurling teams so you should be able to find your level. We'll be starting a fitness programme after Christmas you should join then to get back in shape.

Cheers Lecale, trying to gain a bit of fitness at the moment, so that fitness programme couldn't come soon enough, so you have the full senior team, reserves and thirds I take it?? sounds like a grand job. you play for them?

imtommygunn

St Brigids is far handier to you. St Malachy's are an antrim club who play out of cherryvale too. They'd be a middle of the road junior club.

Doohicky

Quote from: Lecale2 on October 12, 2008, 12:44:10 PM
Bredagh's the club for you. We have 3 adult football teams and 2 hurling teams so you should be able to find your level. We'll be starting a fitness programme after Christmas you should join then to get back in shape.

I'm looking to join too. After Christmas would be perfect time as well. At the moment I just don't have any time to myself.
As was asked could I join just for the fitness aspect? I am not a great player and doubt I would even make the thirds bench.  :P

Was talking to Rois about this before too.

Longshanks

I'm with ya Doohicky thinking I might not even make the thirds.. :-[

Lecale2

All welcome as long as you pay the membership. Last year we started circuts in the PEC with out door training at Malone RFC and the Dub. Jody Gormely takes the footballers and Sean McGuinness looks after the hurlers. The sessions are well organised and vary from week to week.

Doohicky

Sounds good to me. How much is the mebershipo for the year and what's the cut off date for paying it if there is a date?

Longshanks

Yeah I'd defo be interested too, just need all the details..

Doohicky you sound about my level lol :P

Over the Bar

Me, Longshanks & Doohickey could form the backbone of a 4ths team.

Longshanks

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 13, 2008, 01:19:46 PM

:D :D  So only another 12 to go...

Doohicky

Well after all the Christmas pudding I will probably be sized enough to count as two people.. LOL

Looking forward to this now...

OnTheLine

Square Ball's already bagged the goalie's jersey for the 4ths team I hear... (well - he's probably about sixth choice keeper by this stage, but with injuries etc., who knows the heights he could achieve...  ;D )

Quote from: Longshanks on October 13, 2008, 01:31:04 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on October 13, 2008, 01:19:46 PM

:D :D  So only another 12 to go...

In the Onion Bag

Lads,
If you are of a youthful image a good close shave could put you on the minor hurling or football panels.

If you enjoy your gaelic plus a bit of craic give Bredagh a try.  Membership for players last year was £55 and offers you serious training under established country level coaches, Jody Gormley (football) and Sean McGuinness (Hurling) at senior level.

The lads are welcoming and the social side is good.  If you want transfer forms PM me with your email addresses. 

Bredagh is the only city club that offers Co Down (v Co Antrim) football.