Hats off to Matty Burrows!

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, October 08, 2010, 09:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

I think he said himself it wasn't deliberat, rather he just wanted to get it towards goal, obviously with a bit of luck and a crap keeper he managed to score a goal from it! Fair play, he might get a move to the blue square after that.

cokers

MCMLX

If Wayne Rooney had scored a goal like that would everyone be saying it was a fluke? Some posters proably have more of problem with the Irish League and maybe the team that scored it than they would care to admit. Burrows got a bit of luck, but he deserved it for having the cheek to go for it, fair play to him, I think it was a cracker.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: MCMLX on October 09, 2010, 01:51:49 PM
If Wayne Rooney had scored a goal like that would everyone be saying it was a fluke? Some posters proably have more of problem with the Irish League and maybe the team that scored it than they would care to admit. Burrows got a bit of luck, but he deserved it for having the cheek to go for it, fair play to him, I think it was a cracker.
Yes.

Who's having a go at the fella himself?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Hoof Hearted

Exactly, nobody is having a go at the fella. Fair play to him, it was a great goal, but our point is that was also lucky. I played soccer in my day and would loved to have scored a goal like that, but it wasnt the best goal ever scored.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

MCMLX

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 09, 2010, 02:26:28 PM
Exactly, nobody is having a go at the fella. Fair play to him, it was a great goal, but our point is that was also lucky. I played soccer in my day and would loved to have scored a goal like that, but it wasnt the best goal ever scored.

There is an element of luck in almost everything we do. Put it this way, do you believe in the lucky punch theory? I remember watching a fight years ago when Iran The Blade Barkley knocked out The Hitman. Everyone reckoned it was a lucky punch, but in my book he meant to throw that punch, he meant to hit Hearns and his intention was to knock him out. Likewise Burrow. He had a go, it went into the top corner and it was a cracking goal. Certain people just cant give credit because it was an Irish league game. If Rooney or Torres had scored it we`d never hear the end of it.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: MCMLX on October 09, 2010, 05:03:05 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 09, 2010, 02:26:28 PM

Certain people just cant give credit because it was an Irish league game. If Rooney or Torres had scored it we`d never hear the end of it.

I agree.

Great goal btw up there with as good as I have seen
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

could someone tell me what we're suppose to be giving credit for?

I'll give him credit for the way he spoke about it afterwards, no shite talk from him unlike some others  ::)

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 09, 2010, 05:13:31 PM
could someone tell me what we're suppose to be giving credit for?

I'll give him credit for the way he spoke about it afterwards, no shite talk from him unlike some others  ::)
The f**king goal. Jesus when you want to act thick you really pull it off. ::)

pintsofguinness

so you want us to give him credit for being lucky? ook

MCMLX

You stick to the playstation pints like a good man.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 09, 2010, 06:06:58 PM
so you want us to give him credit for being lucky? ook
Do you think Sinclair's goal was lucky. Is every goal lucky unless the player puts the ball in an exact spot he was aiming for?

pintsofguinness

Jesus christ  ::)
the lad basically said himself in the interview that it was down to luck - he had his back to goal and just went for the flick and couldn't believe it when it went in. 

And you lot are wetting yourselves.  Some goal but a complete fluke. It might as well hit him on the arse and went in. 
I'm at a loss as to what we're suppose to be giving credit for - it wasn't a wonder strike or an amazing piece of skill - it was a fluke!