Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: omagh_gael on September 26, 2021, 07:11:38 PM
Under Lights, lost 2 games this year...one to covid ( v Moy) and one against Dungannon in 2nd or 3rd round. Tipping along nicely, held Galbally scoreless from play outside of an early goal that slipped through to the net following a goal mouth scramble from long ball in.

Who is going well.
What about Conal Grimes, do you expect him to push back into Tyrone panel

Gaafan2

Under Lights, lost 2 games this year...one to covid ( v Moy) and one against Dungannon in 2nd or 3rd round. Tipping along nicely, held Galbally scoreless from play outside of an early goal that slipped through to the net following a goal mouth scramble from long ball in.

Impressive stuff from Loughmacrory. They were promoted via the playoffs along with ourselves and Galbally but have really kicked on in comparison to us. Alot to be said for having a full deck to choose from all year.

dulaman

Edendork not fielding is a strange one given they'll want a game before championship. They're also without a manager after Lurcan Martin left this week citing family health issues. Not having had players available all year likely a big issue.
Shows how missing county men plus a few hurlers has left them in bits considering they won every game in league and championship last year at intermediate.
Hard to chooses between teams who'll also make drop given the way fixtures fall.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Under Lights on September 26, 2021, 07:13:45 PM

Who is going well.
What about Conal Grimes, do you expect him to push back into Tyrone panel

Genuinely couldn't pick out one stand out player and I think that's been our main strength. Playing really well as a team and scores coming from a good spread across the board.

Tyrone95

Impressive year from the Lough by all accounts. Certainly will be full of confidence going into a 1st Rd against D'laughan or Moy. I didn't get down to our own game vs Ardboe but from reports I believe we were 6/7 points down and could of snatched a win at the death with M donnelly just putting the ball an inch over the bar from a palm.
Errigal also ticking along nicely after a slow start but that would of been expected getting the likes of canavan and harte back in the fold. Cavanvan ''Jnr Jnr'' also has been making appearances so thats another to keep an eye on unfortunately.  Big week or 2 for all clubs

tiempo

Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 27, 2021, 09:35:45 AM
Impressive year from the Lough by all accounts. Certainly will be full of confidence going into a 1st Rd against D'laughan or Moy. I didn't get down to our own game vs Ardboe but from reports I believe we were 6/7 points down and could of snatched a win at the death with M donnelly just putting the ball an inch over the bar from a palm.
Errigal also ticking along nicely after a slow start but that would of been expected getting the likes of canavan and harte back in the fold. Cavanvan ''Jnr Jnr'' also has been making appearances so thats another to keep an eye on unfortunately.  Big week or 2 for all clubs

Has Darragh Canavan played Sen Champ for Errigal yet? I know he's had bad luck with injuries the last few years and missed chunks.

What's Jr Jr like? Heard he's equally as promising as Darragh, would he be in line for a start for Errigal in champ too or a bit young yet?

Tyrone95

Quote from: tiempo on September 27, 2021, 11:29:22 AM

Has Darragh Canavan played Sen Champ for Errigal yet? I know he's had bad luck with injuries the last few years and missed chunks.

What's Jr Jr like? Heard he's equally as promising as Darragh, would he be in line for a start for Errigal in champ too or a bit young yet?

Darragh scored a goal against us in Dungannon in the Semi final in 2019 I think it was so he's featured in the Senior C'ship before. Haven't seen much of the younger boy but I think he also comes with bags of potential.

Goals_Will_Come

Championship Errigal will line up with the 2 Canavans and Odhran Robinson inside. Serious firepower. They will take some stopping.

Tyrone95

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on September 27, 2021, 12:10:13 PM

Championship Errigal will line up with the 2 Canavans and Odhran Robinson inside. Serious firepower. They will take some stopping.
Agreed but the same thing is said every year. When it comes to it they cant seem to get over the line

GaelTheGael

Intermediate Championship:
Strabane V Greencastle
Augher V Rock
Stewartstown V Kildress
Aghaloo V Moortown
Aghyaran V Owen Roes
Killeeshil V Clogher
Naomh Eoghan V Beragh
Tattyreagh V Gortin

Senior Champ Preliminary:
Ardboe V Dromore
Derrylaughan V Moy

GaelTheGael

Quote from: GaelTheGael on September 27, 2021, 12:29:37 PM
Strabane V Greencastle
Augher V Rock
Stewartstown V Kildress
Aghaloo V Moortown
Aghyaran V Owen Roes
Killeeshil V Clogher
Naomh Eoghan V Beragh
Tattyreagh V Gortin

Ardboe V Dromore
Derrylaughan V Moy
Strabane V Greencastle possibility of an upset with Strabane playing well since the restart even if results haven't gone the right way for them but Greencastle have good form going into the game and that should edge them.
Augher V Rock - injuries to some of the rock forwards will make this game closely contested but in McGarrity and McCreesh they should have too much for Augher.
Stewartstown V Kildress - having an excellent season on their return to intermediate and in Matthew McGuigan they have one of the best forwards in the league. Stewartstown really struggling for form going into the game.
Aghaloo V Moortown - very even but Moortowns missing men point towards an Aghaloo win.
Aghyaran V Owen Roes - extra time possible. Owen roes more about them all over the field and with McShane they have that xfactor to get over the line. McHugh a big loss for Aghyaran.
Killeeshil V Clogher - dark horses for the championship. Excellent forward unit in McConnell, Bogue and McCaughey and Shields coming back in is a massive boost.
Naomh Eoghan V Beragh - very tight, extra time could be very possible. Beragh with relegation worries will have bigger worries than a championship run.
Tattyreagh V Gortin - Very even, Ruairi Keenan a big loss for Gortin. Tattyreagh well suited to building a championship run when they get momentum behind them.

Ardboe V Dromore - the usual shortcoming from Ardboe, dromore to win a low scoring game. Overall a better balance to the Dromore team. Ardboe very reliant on Coney for their scores which makes them predictable.
Derrylaughan V Moy - will back up a strong league campaign with a win. Conroy to be the difference.

omagh_gael

smort

Strabane V Greencastle
Augher V Rock
Stewartstown V Kildress
Aghaloo V Moortown
Aghyaran V Owen Roes
Killeeshil V Clogher
Naomh Eoghan V Beragh
Tattyreagh V Gortin

Ardboe V Dromore
Derrylaughan V Moy

Under Lights

Quote from: GaelTheGael on September 27, 2021, 12:29:37 PM
Strabane V Greencastle
Augher V Rock
Stewartstown V Kildress
Aghaloo V Moortown
Aghyaran V Owen Roes
Killeeshil V Clogher
Naomh Eoghan V Beragh
Tattyreagh V Gortin

Ardboe V Dromore
Derrylaughan V Moy

Ancharraig123

As things stand in division 1, 9 county seniors will be relegated to division 2. Killyclogher not safe either