Joint Papal / Queen visit in Northern Ireland in 2018

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, December 19, 2017, 06:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

http://www.goqradio.com/news/q-radio-local-news/exclusive-plans-revealed-for-joint-northern-ireland-visit-by-the-pope-and-the-queen/

QuoteQ Radio understands that the Pope and the Queen will visit Northern Ireland jointly next summer.

Pope Francis, who's 80, is already scheduled to visit the Republic in 2018 for the World Meeting of Families.

Today we can reveal that not only will the Head of the Catholic church travel north of the border but he will be joined by the supreme governor of the Church of England who turns 92 in April.

It will be a deeply symbolic and powerful moment - The Pope and the Queen appearing side by side before a divided society.

Last year the then Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness revealed that the 80 year old Pontiff WOULD cross the border.

At the time - the then First Minister, Arlene Foster, said she would meet him.

Q Radio sources have revealed that plans for the joint visit are being worked on.

The location is being kept under wraps - it may be Armagh or Belfast-  but it certainly will be in Northern Ireland.

Meanwhile,

The Archbishop of Armagh, the Most Reverend Richard Clarke, says a joint visit by the Pope and the Queen to Northern Ireland would be "remarkable and wonderful".

The head of the Anglican communion in Ireland was responding to a Q Radio news report that plans are being drawn up for such a visit next August.

T Fearon

QRadio would have access to sensational news like this!😂😂 Not being reported anywhere else.

Was within touching distance of the Pope at Mass in St Peter's Basilica last Tuesday evening.Don't know if I could be bothered with all the hassle of going to see him when he visits Ireland.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on December 19, 2017, 07:32:17 AM
QRadio would have access to sensational news like this!😂😂 Not being reported anywhere else.

Was within touching distance of the Pope at Mass in St Peter's Basilica last Tuesday evening.Don't know if I could be bothered with all the hassle of going to see him when he visits Ireland.

I'm sure he'll be gutted you'll not bother him when he's here
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: T Fearon on December 19, 2017, 07:32:17 AM

I see someone is struggling with the definition of the word "exclusive"

Rossfan

When Francis hears of Tony's views on homeless people I suspect he wouldn't want him near the place anyway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

I have seen the Pope that often in Rome,that I doubt I could be bothered with all the hassle (traffic,crowds,security etc) when he comes here.His visit here is akin to a football pre season friendly,no comparison when you've seen him in serious mode on his home turf.

playwiththewind1st

Sure there's never been any "touching" in a Catholic church.
If there ever was, a confidentiality clause or 2 soon drew a line under it. All sorted.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

The Gs Man

Great, Tony has turned this into another thread about himself!

This place is going to the dogs
Keep 'er lit

The Subbie

Quote from: T Fearon on December 19, 2017, 08:25:03 AM
I have seen the Pope that often in Rome,that I doubt I could be bothered with all the hassle (traffic,crowds,security etc) when he comes here.His visit here is akin to a football pre season friendly,no comparison when you've seen him in serious mode on his home turf.

So in effect you admit that those who go to see el papa in the north on his visit are getting a lesser papal experience than you have experienced in Rome ?
Similar to someone going to see Queen without Freddie Mercury, yes ?
Do you leave trip advisor reviews of each time you see him in Rome ?

T Fearon

No.Seeing and listening to the Pope is a special experience.But the hassle and security here will be enormous.Having said that I queued for an hour to get into St Peter's a week ago!

playwiththewind1st

Pope doesn't give 100% on his travels, obviously.  Plays 4-5-1 in the hope of coming away with a point. The masses are in for a bit of the ould papal bull if he's not going to put much effort in.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on December 19, 2017, 08:25:03 AM

So you've been to Buenos Aires to see him in his home turf?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Pope visit will cause more trouble than it's worth. The AI final rescheduled, the cost, security fears, probable protests, unionists pissed off... Actually, feck it, that's reason enough for him to visit.