Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Someone said upthread that the buses past Casement only go every 15 minutes. Does Belfast not have different arrangements for buses feeding crowds to big matches ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

markl121

Quote from: seafoid on March 12, 2024, 03:40:30 PMSomeone said upthread that the buses past Casement only go every 15 minutes. Does Belfast not have different arrangements for buses feeding crowds to big matches ?
transport in the west is brutal, used to work on the Stewartstown road, could take half an hour to get there from divis. Buses very irregular although the glider has helped this. Usually gridlock all the time god help it on a match day in casement

An Watcher

I'm sure if there's a major sporting event the required buses will be pit on.  Why have them on now?

seafoid

I thought Protestants were organised and would be well able to sort out regular buses to a stadium if a match was on. But are regular buses an Irish concept and thus unacceptable to Jim Allister ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on March 12, 2024, 07:49:57 PMI thought Protestants were organised and would be well able to sort out regular buses to a stadium if a match was on. But are regular buses an Irish concept and thus unacceptable to Jim Allister ?

Not sure about Protestants being organised

Anytime I go to Ravenhill I get train in from where I live to bus/train station and there is a bus that brings you to Ravenhill and then back to bus/train station.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clonian

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 12, 2024, 09:18:09 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 12, 2024, 07:49:57 PMI thought Protestants were organised and would be well able to sort out regular buses to a stadium if a match was on. But are regular buses an Irish concept and thus unacceptable to Jim Allister ?

Not sure about Protestants being organised

Anytime I go to Ravenhill I get train in from where I live to bus/train station and there is a bus that brings you to Ravenhill and then back to bus/train station.

There's a park and ride from outside Belfast Met I think too. It works well.

I'm sure a solution can be found from Sprucefield etc

seafoid

Why didn't they link the euros to Windsor Park, trading as "the National Stadium" . #Notions

Is the Casement site bigger than the Windsor Park site ?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Feckitt

Watching Cliftonvilke v Larne live on BBC tonight,  before the match they kept talking about the big crowd  ;D   but it looks like less than 1000 to me.

marty34

Is the top stand/or half stand on the far side not open or is it not finished?

Applesisapples

I would assume that there will be park and ride for big games, as there is for Ulster Rugby matches and concerts.

seafoid

According to the Examiner, Pairc ui Chaoimh will  host a European Rugby semifinal on the weekend of 4/5 May. The stadium can hold over 40,000 . The last time it hosted a rugby game, €5.6m was spent by patrons between tickets and refreshments and a further €3.7m was spent in Cork.

Imagine that happening in West Belfast on a regular basis

p3427977

Quote from: seafoid on April 05, 2024, 10:11:33 AMAccording to the Examiner, Pairc ui Chaoimh will  host a European Rugby semifinal on the weekend of 4/5 May. The stadium can hold over 40,000 . The last time it hosted a rugby game, €5.6m was spent by patrons between tickets and refreshments and a further €3.7m was spent in Cork.

I've more chance of winning the lotto than PUC hosting a semi final.

Sportacus

Quote from: seafoid on April 05, 2024, 10:11:33 AMAccording to the Examiner, Pairc ui Chaoimh will  host a European Rugby semifinal on the weekend of 4/5 May. The stadium can hold over 40,000 . The last time it hosted a rugby game, €5.6m was spent by patrons between tickets and refreshments and a further €3.7m was spent in Cork.

Define 'regular'?