China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

For anyone interested in the data the excess deaths info is very interesting. Much more informative than the Covid deaths on worldometer.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

BennyCake

Quote from: thebigfella on October 06, 2020, 11:14:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2020, 10:54:36 PM
Spotlight covering Sweden's approach. Less than half the current cases we have of late, this coming from a country 5 times bigger population than the north

Yeah but the Swede's didn't have a huge backlog of communion and confirmation parties to get through

Those Protestants, up to no some good as usual for once.

highorlow

It's now time to bring Sweden back into the discussion.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Cunny Funt

Covid Hospital watch in the ROI as 8pm tonight.

142 in hospital and 24 of them are in ICU

74 in Dublin hospitals
11 in Donegal
10 in Westmeath
8 in Offaly
8 in Limerick
7 in Cork
5 in Kildare
4 in Waterford
3 in Cavan
3 in Louth
2 in Laois
2 in Kerry
1 in Galway
1 in Meath
1 in Sligo
1 in Wexford
1 in Tipperary

Main Street

Quote from: Blowitupref on October 05, 2020, 10:43:04 PM
Leo Varadkar gave a rare good interview on RTÉ tonight. Good detail why the government didn't agree with NPHET recommendations of level 5 right now.
It was a good interview, Leo is at his best when making it crystal clear that he's the smartest kid in the room. NPHET just didn't reach the standards this time. Leo was in full matador mode, with the dress, the lance and the kill.

balladmaker

Quote from: Main Street on October 07, 2020, 12:46:16 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on October 05, 2020, 10:43:04 PM
Leo Varadkar gave a rare good interview on RTÉ tonight. Good detail why the government didn't agree with NPHET recommendations of level 5 right now.
It was a good interview, Leo is at his best when making it crystal clear that he's the smartest kid in the room. NPHET just didn't reach the standards this time. Leo was in full matador mode, with the dress, the lance and the kill.

He might not look so smart in a month's time if things are completely out of control and the country is in level 5.  Last night's interview could haunt him.  But I hope that situation never arises.

Rossfan

Now tonight he's saying that we might have to move to a "circuit breaker".
Is it a case of I'm the alpha Male not Dr Holohan??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sid waddell

Quote from: highorlow on October 06, 2020, 11:49:29 PM
Sweden's casing are rising significantly

sid waddell

Quote from: trileacman on October 06, 2020, 11:25:12 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on October 06, 2020, 10:39:28 PM
Oh goodie, you're back to randomly arranging topical buzzwords into incoherent drivel.

At least he's moved on from the "airline executive buzzword buzzword buzzword buzzword" phrase. I began to think he had Tourette's there for a while he repeated it that often.
The lads are not happy

Good Statler and Waldorf impression, to be fair

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on October 07, 2020, 01:16:19 AM
Quote from: highorlow on October 06, 2020, 11:49:29 PM
Sweden's casing are rising significantly

Rising but still less than the Uk and the north of Ireland
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dire Ear

The testing is inaccurate,  thats why numbers are going up.
The deaths are falling,  amd most of them are probably connected to other causes
Simple really.

macdanger2

Quote from: Dire Ear on October 07, 2020, 09:51:18 AM
The deaths are falling,  amd most of them are probably connected to other causes
Simple really.

Phew, glad that's sorted

macdanger2

Quote from: trileacman on October 06, 2020, 11:27:03 PM
For anyone interested in the data the excess deaths info is very interesting. Much more informative than the Covid deaths on worldometer.

Where's that available?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Dire Ear on October 07, 2020, 09:51:18 AM
Simple really.

Possible. What's more certain is that we are doing multiple times the amount of testing we did in April/May leading to more positive cases right now.

imtommygunn

I keep reading about inaccurate testing. It does tend to come from "covid deniers" however I suspect there is something somewhere in there about accuracies(false positives and other things like flu/ cold being positives are things I tend to see). I wouldn't expect it to lead to massive numbers mind you. More people tested will lead to more positives. I would still think more people than know about this thing have had it and probably a good few more at that.(Nothing to back that up but 2 feelings I have is that and it has been floating round for way longer than we think.)