Leinster Senior football championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, April 01, 2024, 09:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Quote from: Keyser soze on April 15, 2024, 03:04:23 PMAch come on man, yous gave the ball away under zero pressure a dozen times in the first half and kicked 3 or 4 good point chances into their  keepers hands.

The first thing good coaching does is establish the right mindset.

Ok. So tell me what mindset Andy McEntee and Colm O'Rourke have given our players? Are they telling them they can't win? Are they telling them it doesn't matter if we lose? Of course not. Don't be thick.

As I said these lad have been winners coming up through the minor ranks. Do you think Keoghan is still playing over a 100 games for the county for a bit of craic?

I bet the stuff the Meath lads are hearing in training in terms of mindset etc is no different than any other county. Why would it be any different?

And saying there's no pressure is nonsense. There's pressure on every ball and pass in that game because possession is key.

If you know any thing about it it's because the people in charge of Meath football don't know what they're doing. They put good things in place and then let it fall apart.

Dublin have a full time S&C professional overseeing that from U14 right to senior who was working with Leinster rugby previously. We've had 2 people in to do a similar job who stuck around for about 2 years each and then quit.

It's not the players mindsets, it's not Colm O'Rourke, it's the mindset perhaps of the county board and their small mindedness.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

oakleaf93

Quote from: thejuice on April 15, 2024, 10:39:45 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on April 15, 2024, 03:04:23 PMAch come on man, yous gave the ball away under zero pressure a dozen times in the first half and kicked 3 or 4 good point chances into their  keepers hands.

The first thing good coaching does is establish the right mindset.

Ok. So tell me what mindset Andy McEntee and Colm O'Rourke have given our players? Are they telling them they can't win? Are they telling them it doesn't matter if we lose? Of course not. Don't be thick.

As I said these lad have been winners coming up through the minor ranks. Do you think Keoghan is still playing over a 100 games for the county for a bit of craic?

I bet the stuff the Meath lads are hearing in training in terms of mindset etc is no different than any other county. Why would it be any different?

And saying there's no pressure is nonsense. There's pressure on every ball and pass in that game because possession is key.

If you know any thing about it it's because the people in charge of Meath football don't know what they're doing. They put good things in place and then let it fall apart.

Dublin have a full time S&C professional overseeing that from U14 right to senior who was working with Leinster rugby previously. We've had 2 people in to do a similar job who stuck around for about 2 years each and then quit.

It's not the players mindsets, it's not Colm O'Rourke, it's the mindset perhaps of the county board and their small mindedness.

Do Meath not? The vast majority of Ulster counties would be putting s&c coaches in place for the underage development squads.