mayo hurling

Started by the bucket, November 13, 2006, 02:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the bucket

Tipp people are arrogant any way would not matter even if you were from kilkenny or cork they would still think you were not good enough as for limerick a bit of a joke when it comes to hurling nowdays all they can talk about is Mick mackay.
As for what the kilkenny man said ignore everything you hear from a kilkenny man,the biggest shower of whiner you will ever meet.

the bucket

any news on the frankie and the blind optician were they reappointed for 3 years without a review ;D ;D

Mayo4Sam

The junior final is on saturday evening, 6.30 in aghamore under lights
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

youbetterbelieveit

Your right bucket, i dont know how anybody in our county can make such accusations, we are in a bad state regarding hurling, Between the soccer and Rugby, particularly Munster Rugby it is killing the gaa scene slowly.

the bucket

last night the mayo county board struck again and mayo hurling is today without a manager, as frank browne was told at last nights meeting that his services would not be required for the coming season.

When asked why?  this was the reply given was that they spent too much money on Hurley's a figure of €2000, cost too much to bring players back for training and they  found 15 sliothars on the sideline one day, while all this was going on the chairman(who is on the HDC) and secretary of the hurling committee sat there and said nothing.

How sad that in this day and age that people such as these can be allowed to kill off the great game of hurling in mayo and make no mistake this is their ultimate aim.

neilthemac

our club spends far more than that on hurleys every year!

don't even want to imagine what our bill for sliotars is...

Mayo and indeed other 2nd/3rd tier hurling counties need to get rid of the yes men at the top table, stand up for themselves and form their own seperate county board - like they have in Galway. Not just be a sub committee of the football board because they will always overule you

Mayo4Sam

Junior final was posponed.

slow corner back

I don't know a lot about mayo hurling but I thought it was going in the right direction gaining promotion to Div2 and staying there. Sacking a hurling manager for buying sliothars and sticks is a joke.

Johno07

I think its clear that the main men in the 6 senior hurling clubs need to come together and form a mayo county hurling board similar to the one currently operating in Galway. Do this now or else face years of trying to talk to football men who wouldnt know a hurl from their a*rse. The same shite is happening in both football and hurling clubs throughout the country where the traditionalists in the clubs dont want to see the lesser games advancing through fear. Seperation is the answer and it needs to happen now or the wedge between the stronger hurling counties and the weaker ones will get bigger and bigger.
"For the highs to be high the lows have to be low!"

fingertips

hi folks,    im intersted to know more about  THE VERGER ?   is he for real ?

muppet

QuoteJunior final was posponed.

No hurleys? Sliothar?
MWWSI 2017

Mayo4Sam

Blue Boy

Have they failed to give Frank Browne another year without actually having someone else in the pipeline? What exactly happened at the hurling board meeting last night?

the bucket

Quote from: fingertips on November 29, 2006, 01:20:38 AM
hi folks,    im intersted to know more about  THE VERGER ?   is he for real ?

the verger is a very real person the arch enemy of mayo hurling along with the mayo county board.
he gets his name from an actor  who plays the verger in dads army who is a dead ringer for him.
if you are from mayo or connaught then you will recognise him immediately.

Barney

Would the Verger be a man oft criticised on the board for his rantings against the football team as well?

I thought there was a separate hurling board? Do they not call the shots?