China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on January 15, 2021, 03:11:12 PM
Has any Government gone with "Angelo's way" or are they sticking with the WHO's way of dealing with the Pandemic?

How are we getting on with the pandemic btw?

Cases still ramping up all over the world?

Not the brightest chap, are you?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

BennyCake

Do you ever ask yourself who the WHO really are? The fact they have their HQ in Switzerland says a lot. I wouldn't trust everything they come out with.

bennydorano

I'm wondering if anyone here has realised that what a bunch of slabbers write on a discussion board doesn't make any actual difference to the pandemic itself. Unless we've got some incognito Government ministers or WHO officials?

Rossfan

Will someone buy Bennycake a tinfoil hat?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

Quote from: BennyCake on January 15, 2021, 04:04:42 PM
Do you ever ask yourself who the WHO really are? The fact they have their HQ in Switzerland says a lot. I wouldn't trust everything they come out with.

What does the fact they have their HQ in Switzerland say?

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 15, 2021, 04:18:06 PM

What does the fact they have their HQ in Switzerland say?

It's where dirty money is kept.

Gmac

Don't say anything bad about the WHO theres an Irish guy high up there ffs

Angelo

Quote from: Gmac on January 15, 2021, 04:33:22 PM

You can kind of see why Irish society accepted stuff like the mother and baby homes when you see contributions from Rossfan and don't dare question the WHO or govt on this.

tbrick18

Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2021, 03:51:53 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on January 15, 2021, 03:08:18 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2021, 10:44:57 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on January 15, 2021, 10:32:08 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2021, 09:38:37 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 14, 2021, 09:42:56 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 14, 2021, 09:52:23 AM
1. Do we test for flu? For contrast the UK has carried out a recorded 62m tests for Covid. How many flu tests have been carried out?

We don't need to test for flu because it is far less virulent and far less lethal.

This was pointed out, oh I don't know, about 9 f*kking months ago.

2. How many positive cases of flu have been confirmed? There have been 3.2m confirmed cases of Covid due to the mass testing in place.

If someone has died of pneumonia without having COVID, then they won't be a COVID death.

If someone has had both, then it'll likely be attributed to COVID.

But here's the thing that you STILL aren't getting - with transmission vectors all but strangled for the flu - its more or less negligible this winter.

3. Look at the arbitrary way in which we record deahts. We know that if you die within 28 days of a positive Covid test you are classified as a Covid death, arbitrarily. See snippet below from a BBC report, link attached. Also see the note on the attached on the published NISRA figures

The chart I pointed out is more detailed than the f**king BBC.

It also differentiates between factor and cause - which is different from the footer detail which applies to the catch all number. Again, you aren't reading and interpreting your own information!

Quote from: Angelo on January 14, 2021, 09:52:23 AMFinally "beneath the 5 year average". How did the winter flu season of 17/18 read with the 5 year average prior to that? 50k excess deaths over the normal for that time of year was the reported figure for the UK. In the O6, we had a record 2,101 death toll for a month in January 2018, something yet to be surpassed during Covid as of yet. And nobody even batted an eyelid about it. Why was that?

You have the floor now. It will be interesting to see how you formulate a response, will you actually be able to address what I said with facts or will you resort to hysterical accusations, lie and insults which seems to the modus operandi from the other posters in discussing the differences here.

This is very simple. The flu of 17/18 did what it did without any significant public health measures in place to reduce transmissions as much as possible. You have seen over the past few weeks the sensitivity of transmission rates to public health measures.

Now - just think - what would the covid rates be if we did what was done in 17/18? (i.e. nothing bar a few incidentals)

Ive just done a comparison of 2020 to 2018 for NI - based on the data here, and the relative death rates are:

Jan: -21%
Feb: -12%
Mar: -7%
April: +51%
May: +24%
June: +14%
July: +9%
Aug: -5%
Sept: +26%
Oct: +12%
Nov: +32%
Dec: +34%

Over the whole year, (including your Jan 2018) deaths are up ~1500 in 2020, or 10%. Since April, they are up ~2400 in 2020, or 22%.

You pointing toward Jan 2018 is farcical. If the country had locked down for then like it has now, then the number of deaths would have been a fraction of what it was, and well down on normal.

Utterly incredible ignorance here.

;D ;D ;D The whole world has got it wrong and Angelo has got it right

Nice that you ignored the rest of the post backed up by confirmed statistics, quotes and facts.

It's clear that the governments have got it wrong as we are now in Lockdown no 3 with case numbers not having dropped and spreading like wildfire in hospital settings where those most vulnerable to the virus are contained.
Look I couldn't be bothered to debate with you. As someone has already pointed out this whole thread has turned in to a different poster taking up the mantle daily for a rebuttal to your posts, and you continually fail to even look at or interpret correctly the simple stats and information presented to you. Fair play to you, you have invested some time and energy in to your preposterous stance, but again as another poster has pointed out, you have won not a single person over. Maybe you could ask yourself why you think that is?

We know you couldn't be bothered debating with me - you can't.

It's easier to fool someone than convince someone they have been fooled.

Angelo....the Jamie Bryson of the GAABoard.
Doesn't deserve the airtime and certainly not capable of seeing any perspective but his own.
But if you don't take him too seriously his posts are a good laugh.  ;D ;D

Taylor

His posts are a good laugh alright unless you take them seriously.

And given the situation we are in he can be downright dangerous if anyone does take them seriously.

If everyone gave him a wide berth (given he cant see any other viewpoint other than his own & refuses to answer questions if it doesnt suit his agenda) it would mean he is left talking to himself and threads wouldnt be polluted

BennyCake

So they're to be trusted because there's an Irishman on board? Strange logic that.

Sure Bono joined the big boys in their sinister club, and I wouldn't trust them either.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2021, 04:38:36 PM

You can kind of see why Irish society accepted stuff like the mother and baby homes when you see contributions from Rossfan and don't dare question the WHO or govt on this.

best place to question them ison a gaaboard. Irish society is saved by Angelo questioning...

Gmac

Quote from: BennyCake on January 15, 2021, 05:44:15 PM

So they're to be trusted because there's an Irishman on board? Strange logic that.

Sure Bono joined the big boys in their sinister club, and I wouldn't trust them either.
I was being a little sarcastic Johnny cake

Milltown Row2

Shocking how the virus is going on in Brazil, president is a complete twat!

The problems in Manaus is critical, no beds no oxygen, nurses are manually providing oxygen!!

70% infection rate during first wave, they were hoping to get herd immunity from that, which didn't work, it's getting worse in the second wave!

But sure if you don't lockdown properly you're bate, shut down the borders
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

You do know who they are. They're a big pack of cabal baddies and they are after you Benny. Stay safe, buy an extra bolt for the door and batter them with your bong if and when they invade your home.