Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 01, 2020, 09:01:47 PM
Just wondering what thoughts are about holidays next year? Both of us turning 40 and 10 years married so would like to get away. I know it's an impossible question but would you be better booking now or holding off to see what happens? I see most places seem to have decent cancellation policies now.
Also any recommendations for a Europark in Spain/ Italy/ France that would be good for young kids? (8, 4, 1 yr olds)?

TIA

Book but get Covid holiday insurance...

Nowhere is guaranteed to be open next year, but for me France has the best camps I've been to. Been to plenty, Spain was grand as was Italy but much preferred France ..

Loads of posters here have been too so no doubt they'll be posting
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

Just wondering what thoughts are about holidays next year? Both of us turning 40 and 10 years married so would like to get away. I know it's an impossible question but would you be better booking now or holding off to see what happens? I see most places seem to have decent cancellation policies now.
Also any recommendations for a Europark in Spain/ Italy/ France that would be good for young kids? (8, 4, 1 yr olds)?

TIA
Fly and car hire or ferry and drive?

Taylor

TIA

For the bonking romantic holiday are you going for something exotic/far flung?

trueblue1234

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on November 02, 2020, 03:48:11 PM

TIA
Fly and car hire or ferry and drive?

Flying over. Idea of the kids and wife in a car/ ferry for that long would have me reaching for the whiskey.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trueblue1234

Quote from: Taylor on November 02, 2020, 04:05:58 PM

TIA

For the bonking romantic holiday are you going for something exotic/far flung?

;D We had actually planned to go to the US next year just the 2 of us. Going to Vegas and then a bit of a road trip. That's off now as I've been reading too much of the American politics thread here!! 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Taylor

Maldives or Caribbean or one of them other romantic spots would be the place for you.

Maybe some of our well travelled posters have been to those places

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Taylor on November 02, 2020, 04:47:30 PM
Maldives or Caribbean or one of them other romantic spots would be the place for you.

Maybe some of our well travelled posters have been to those places
Crete is lovely and much closer

Would you want to fly with covid? It gives you more possibilities alright...
We'd usually fly over but we're considering ferry and head just south of Bordeaux

JoG2

After today's Zoom we decided to look for a few house down the Whest... Mayo / Galway direction. Sweet christ, we've had 6 of us in Italy for a week cheaper. Gougin' hooers

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on January 17, 2021, 09:47:00 PM
After today's Zoom we decided to look for a few house down the Whest... Mayo / Galway direction. Sweet christ, we've had 6 of us in Italy for a week cheaper. Gougin' hooers

That bad?

Was looking also to head down, was also looking at Cornwall!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 17, 2021, 09:51:18 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 17, 2021, 09:47:00 PM

That bad?

Was looking also to head down, was also looking at Cornwall!

Jim Megaw would be proud of the prices!

bennydorano

Cancelled our 2021 holiday (already rearranged from 2020), now have vouchers for 2022. Was looking at a few spots, it's mad, was even considering staying in the black north, up near the North Coast is as bad as down south.

marty34

I'd say it'll be staycations again this year...but I hope yous have plenty tucked under the mattress!!

The prices are dynamite - talk about rip off Ireland.

I wouldn't mind supporting 'local' in Ireland even at a 15 % upgrade but most of them are greedy f:&kers.

JoG2

Quote from: bennydorano on January 17, 2021, 10:29:25 PM
Cancelled our 2021 holiday (already rearranged from 2020), now have vouchers for 2022. Was looking at a few spots, it's mad, was even considering staying in the black north, up near the North Coast is as bad as down south.

The excitement soon turns to annoyance!

StPatsAbu

Dublin county must be feeling it. A bucketful of cash to spend on holidays for the team and nowhere to go. Shame

Milltown Row2

Quote from: StPatsAbu on January 18, 2021, 12:01:58 AM
Dublin county must be feeling it. A bucketful of cash to spend on holidays for the team and nowhere to go. Shame

I'm sure they can use it next year, Dubai or somewhere like that.