2008 Ulster Club Championships

Started by Our Nail Loney, August 22, 2008, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogball XV

Quote from: SidelineKick on December 01, 2008, 06:28:06 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on December 01, 2008, 06:25:53 PM
And apparently it put off the All Blacks more than anything else, as they're used to heckling and jeering when taking a kick - seriously.  When you think about it, the heckling and jeering probably adds to the atmosphere, as does the silence I suppose - hmmm, not sure what I'm saying ???

Come on Bog its not "live" you have time to consider your opinion!  :D
Aye, fair point, thing is it's only a game and whilst i would ordinarily have been in favour of silence as being more sporting etc, do I really want to subscribe to Victorian ideals of sport and fair play?  But then do I think the antipodeans do it better?  Still can't decide, they both have their merits, as bc1 says it doesn't really put a player off anyway, so it's a wee bit irrelevant.

Mack the finger

Quote from: goh4205 on December 01, 2008, 10:38:17 AM
Quote from: SidelineKick on December 01, 2008, 10:08:05 AM
Quote from: seamusthebard on December 01, 2008, 10:04:56 AM
Anyone know why McNamee got 2nd yellow cameras didn't pick anything up so tv viewers not sure what it was for.

He should have had two  straight reds in the first half

Quite an unhelpful addition Seamus, can you answer my question please?
Sideline, he got a 2nd booking for been involved with the sub who came on to curb him & tried to rape him when he made a run for the ball, infact McNamee's short were at his knees at one stage and the linesman must have imply ed that they were both at it.  I didn't see the McEntee incident, but McNamee's was a disgrace also.

The ref's getting a lot of stick (rightly) but his job wasn't helped by the linesman standside.
I was too far away from the McEntee incident but right behind the linesman for the McNamee one.
The Ballinderry man was wrestling with him, stopping him from making any movement.
McNamee was appealing to the linesman, even as he was being dragged to the ground.
Absolute joke of a decision.

corn02

Quote from: Mack the finger on December 01, 2008, 07:21:08 PM
Quote from: goh4205 on December 01, 2008, 10:38:17 AM
Quote from: SidelineKick on December 01, 2008, 10:08:05 AM
Quote from: seamusthebard on December 01, 2008, 10:04:56 AM
Anyone know why McNamee got 2nd yellow cameras didn't pick anything up so tv viewers not sure what it was for.

He should have had two  straight reds in the first half

Quite an unhelpful addition Seamus, can you answer my question please?
Sideline, he got a 2nd booking for been involved with the sub who came on to curb him & tried to rape him when he made a run for the ball, infact McNamee's short were at his knees at one stage and the linesman must have imply ed that they were both at it.  I didn't see the McEntee incident, but McNamee's was a disgrace also.

The ref's getting a lot of stick (rightly) but his job wasn't helped by the linesman standside.
I was too far away from the McEntee incident but right behind the linesman for the McNamee one.
The Ballinderry man was wrestling with him, stopping him from making any movement.
McNamee was appealing to the linesman, even as he was being dragged to the ground.
Absolute joke of a decision.

Are you Mickey Mack the finger?

Mack the finger

Are you Mickey Mack the finger?

No, Mickey Mack the finger would be a cousin from the Brague.
I'd be the town macks.

corn02

Apologies it was just a very unfunny joke by me. Michale McNamme is known as Mickey Mac, and seeing that you were defending hi... as I say very unfunny joke.

Mack the finger

Quote from: corn02 on December 01, 2008, 08:01:00 PM
Apologies it was just a very unfunny joke by me. Michale McNamme is known as Mickey Mac, and seeing that you were defending hi... as I say very unfunny joke.

No need to apologise, no offence taken.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Mack the finger on December 01, 2008, 08:09:47 PM

There's every need for him to apologise. :D
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

corn02

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 01, 2008, 08:25:34 PM
Quote from: Mack the finger on December 01, 2008, 08:09:47 PM

There's every need for him to apologise. :D

There really is, I'm pushing for worst joke of the year at the GAAboard awards,

milltown row

The jeering while annoying made no difference to why Cross let slip a 5 point lead.  the game started at 3-45pm i'd say a lot of lads had a few drinks. no malice in them but i'm sure passionate about their club winning the title. i'd be more worried about your club players getting countless yellow cards. 15 players staying on the pitch would go a long way to helping you win the match

Armagh Exile

armaghniac

Replays are often different from the original games, but the weather looks the same
"The winds will continue to ease leading to a severe frost Saturday night then followed by a cold, fine sunny day on Sunday."
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

full back

From the BBC

McEntee appeal on Wednesday night 

John McEntee is sent off by referee Martin Sludden in the final
John McEntee's appeal against the straight red card he received in Sunday's Ulster Club Football final will be heard on Wednesday night.

Crossmaglen's McEntee was handed the straight red card by referee Martin Sludden after being judged to have elbowed Ballinderry's Darren Conway.

As it stands, McEntee is automatically banned for Sunday's replay.

However, McEntee has lodged an appeal which will be heard by the Ulster Council on Wednesday night.

Former Armagh star McEntee insisted after Sunday's game that referee Sludden had "got it wrong".

Three players were sent off and 12 yellow cards shown in the decider.

Michael McNamee of Cross and Ballinderry's Conor Wilkonson were red-carded before McEntee's exit seven minutes from time.

"There was no contact above his fifth rib - if anything, I might have caught his elbow," added McEntee.

"I don't like to criticise referees, but bad referees make bad decisions.

"That was one of many unfortunately. What can you do? We're lucky to get a second chance."

Surely the fcuk he will get off??

SidelineKick

Quote from: full back on December 02, 2008, 01:24:30 PM
From the BBC

McEntee appeal on Wednesday night 

John McEntee is sent off by referee Martin Sludden in the final
John McEntee's appeal against the straight red card he received in Sunday's Ulster Club Football final will be heard on Wednesday night.

Crossmaglen's McEntee was handed the straight red card by referee Martin Sludden after being judged to have elbowed Ballinderry's Darren Conway.

As it stands, McEntee is automatically banned for Sunday's replay.

However, McEntee has lodged an appeal which will be heard by the Ulster Council on Wednesday night.

Former Armagh star McEntee insisted after Sunday's game that referee Sludden had "got it wrong".

Three players were sent off and 12 yellow cards shown in the decider.

Michael McNamee of Cross and Ballinderry's Conor Wilkonson were red-carded before McEntee's exit seven minutes from time.

"There was no contact above his fifth rib - if anything, I might have caught his elbow," added McEntee.

"I don't like to criticise referees, but bad referees make bad decisions.

"That was one of many unfortunately. What can you do? We're lucky to get a second chance."

Surely the fcuk he will get off??

I would like to think so.  It would be extremely unfair to punish someone (especially a player who has always played within the rules of the game).  He is what football is all about.  Darren Conway is the opposite.  Watched it again and he went down a second time clutching his throat. Pisses me off.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Over the Bar

Quote"There was no contact above his fifth rib - if anything",

EH? wtf does that mean?