Senior Football Championship 2015

Started by redsetanta, March 06, 2015, 09:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

I'm a Portlaoise man, but would have great for Laois football for Emo to win it. There, I said it.

High Fielder

It shows how far Portlaoise have slipped in the last couple of years. An ordinary game of football lit up by by Mick Lawlor who had the beating of Delaney and was left alone to do what he wanted. Portlaoise will make a few tweaks and that should be that, but their standards have lowered in line with the rest of the county. The Intermediate game was as bad a game as you are ever likely to see. Best player on show yesterday by a long long way was Darren Strong.

redsetanta

You have to hand it to Mick Lawlor though for a man of 42.

He is still a great man to win ball and you don't lose your skill with age.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

From the Terrace

hats off to emo thought they had it when they went 5 up, All over the field emo won there battles but portlaoise wore them down only for tuohy they would of won. Which is another issue dont think a professional athlete should be allowed play in our amateur sport imo. But was great to witness a county final which is in the balance throughout, roll on next saturday evening.

Ballygowen

I am in total agreement with you from the terrace, it is not fair on the rest of the players to mark a professional player, it shouldn't be allowed. I think every year this topic of Zack playing comes up. Now I don't blame Zack for playing either, I would if I was in his position after all we all want to play for our club, but still I feel it's unfair. So the replay is fixed for next Saturday and the winners are out the following day against the Carlow Champs. Now Laois got knocked out of the senior football championship on the 20th of June. Four months later we are playing the county final! Surely the championship could have been played off a bit sooner?? The summer months seem to be used to play league games and when it gets down to the serious games we are in October training and playing in rain and muck!! I know there was some drawn games that required replays, but it's not fair on whoever wins the final on Saturday to go out and play the next day in the Leinster Championship. I think the county board need to have a look at the structure of the championship.

Faugheen

I think the championship format can only be changed at a county convention,so it couldn't have been played any earlier.

SCFC

I'd imagine Emo missed the boat. Can't see Mick Lawlor getting the same space Saturday night.

SpeculativeEffort

There should be no replays in any championship game. It messes up lots of other championships especially where dual clubs are involved. Play extra time then next score wins if its still level.

From the Terrace

Didnt give them a pray the first day, like the way they showed no fear of portlaoise. First time in a long while i never seen portlaoise with a good goal chance in a game. If emo play with same believe as last day give them a chance.

Helix

Portlaoise should win well next day out. Surely they wont make those unforced errors again. Quick direct ball into Cahillane or Bruno should get them goals the next day.
Would like to see Emo do well but as mentioned already by some I think they missed the boat last Sunday. Double mark Mick Lalor ;D
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

redsetanta

Portlaoise win handy with enough in the tank for Palatine tomorrow.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Well done Portlaoise, when the chips are down you can depend on them to do the job. 9 in a row... Amazing...   Good Luck tomorrow.

Portlaoise boss Malachy McNulty spoke to Jack Nolan after their Laois SFC success tonight
https://soundcloud.com/midlandssport/malachy-mcnulty-portlaoise-9-in-a-row

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Thewildcat

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on October 24, 2015, 11:52:08 PM
Well done Portlaoise, when the chips are down you can depend on them to do the job. 9 in a row... Amazing...   Good Luck tomorrow.

Portlaoise boss Malachy McNulty spoke to Jack Nolan after their Laois SFC success tonight
https://soundcloud.com/midlandssport/malachy-mcnulty-portlaoise-9-in-a-row

some record to win 9 in a row, but i think even the dogs on the street knew there was only going to be one winner in the replay. don't think the chips were down to much. other win again today i think it will be a portlaoise and Vincents final again if they are not to meet before the final.

Unison

Well done to Portlaoise on two wins over the weekend. Hopefully they will go far in Leinster now, but Sarsfields will be a tough nut to crack. The Town were pretty impressive against Emo, who I think deserve a lot of praise for reaching the final.

I hope Mick Lillis can persuade the Portlaoise guys to commit to Laois for the coming year.

SCFC

Well done Portlaoise. Hope Lillis can get 6 or 7 of them lads on board with Laois.