Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Clans had a good win last night avenging their semi final loss to St Pats last year, the clans goals killed the game off (as someone else posted) and ran out comfortable enough in the end. The word on the street is the Og's are big favourites for the final and i suppose being the county champions why wouldn't they be...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lurganblue

How many did they beat st pats by in the final last year?

thewanderer

ogs beat st pauls 1/12 to 0/8 but where guilty of very poor finishing. havin said that st pauls looked a reasonably young team but wouldn't have the same numbers as the ogs. good to see the mc cagues robbie and marty back playing very well as robbie was one of the best underage players with 4 minor championship medals. should be a good final with clans recruiting some of their former big guns who in my opinion would be still capable of playing senior championship football. ogs hope to have 3/4 players into the team who were injured or on holidays for the game last night. i believe the game will be held in maghery on sunday week, should be a close call.

thewanderer

what way did the davitts/harps senior league game go last night. id say davitts struggled after the suspensions from sunday and the result.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: thewanderer on July 29, 2010, 04:20:25 PM
what way did the davitts/harps senior league game go last night. id say davitts struggled after the suspensions from sunday and the result.

think they  were all 2 yellows??may be wrong i lost interest worst intermediate cship game i have saw in sometime,tmosphere awful2

sitdown

It was a B league game. Harps won handy enough, but it was close in first half.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: fitzroyalty on July 28, 2010, 11:48:39 PM
TAC, is your Division 4 team a different squad of players to the B-team? Or would it be mostly the same? Either way you's have some pool of players!
What I mean is that surely a lot of Division 4 players could have come in if eligible but didn't because of your junior game.
Out of sheer interest, how would that Clans team fare in Division 4, in your opinion?

Our team last night was a mixture of 5 / 6 of the Division 4 team, a couple of minors, a few senior subs and one or two who'd only really have played Bs this year. All in all, it was a better team I would say than the side we put out week on week in Division 4. That Clans side tonight would push for promotion but there's a huge difference between getting a good team together for 4 or 5 championship matches and organsing a side for 22 league games. Marsden would run riot in Div 4, that's for certain.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

lurganblue

I agree TAC. I don't think we would have the players to put out week on week in division 4. I've no doubt that our b team could compete at that level and do well but when things like training, extra commitment etc are included I think we would fall short. I could be wrong though and perhaps it would be worth a go.

torres

granemore bt madden by a point , maddens county man did nothing but yap and question the referre,s decisions , ya had to see it to believe it    :-[ and not even a yellow card  ???

TacadoirArdMhacha

JFC St Pat's II 0-4 Belleek 0-14

Perhaps not as one sided as the scoreline suggests, Belleek completely dominated for a 15 minute period from around the 6th or 7th minute and kicked 9 points in a row which were the difference throughout. The match was actually even enough for about 3/4s of the game but Belleek always had that wee bit extra.

Division 1 Culloville 0-11 St Pat's 0-9 - first defeat in 8 for us.

fcuksake

Harps Beat St.Peters by a couple.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

winsamsoon

Rumour has it the harps lad took a sideline from over the line and the ref blew it up and when the peters players gathered around the for the hop the ref let the harps man take the kick again he played it into the full forward who wrecked the net. This was when the harps were three down with ten to go. As i say i wasn't at it but heard this. What's the harps version?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Orior

I heard that there were 2 Armagh jerseys in the Gay Pride parade in Belfast today.

What club do ya reckon they were from?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

wats that 4 ref

maghery beat clans by 7 2night in lurgan clans started brightly leading 7-2 then maghery came back to go in level at half time 8 each clans only scored a point from a free at the end of 2nd half and maghery ran out deserved winners 0-16 0-09 dont know who the ref was but he nearly let this game get out of hand had no control what so ever

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Orior on July 31, 2010, 09:27:10 PM
I heard that there were 2 Armagh jerseys in the Gay Pride parade in Belfast today.

What club do ya reckon they were from?

Clan na GAYel?