Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Real1995

Quote from: joebloggs on May 21, 2008, 06:21:04 PM
Someone said that he is moving becuase he has been told that he wont get playing for Armagh unless he was playing at a higher level.

Thats a ridiculous statement and i could never imagine an Armagh county manager would say that to any player...Philly Loughran has been a regular for Armagh (Panel) for the last 5/6 years, surely at this stage of his career he is not being dropped from the county squad for playing for Clady ??? Any reason he has been dropped is because he has just gone backwards.  In 2003 i thought that he would be a star for the future years, but it was just the case that he peaked then...
Nice guys always finish second!

diesel-smuggler

he wouldnt get on for us bc!

i seen him play for clady about a month ago against forkhill and a minor player never gave him a sniff of it!

he made the armagh panel on the back of good performances for uuj a long time ago and never been playing constantly at a level worth talking about, he is living in newry now and from what i am led to believe he had no intention of leaving clady until he was approached by cathal o'rourke about transferring to dromintee. would have imagined this sort of thing would have been sanctioned by the committee of dromintee before o'rourke had asked however this was not to be the case.

winsamsoon

couldn't agree more real. I think he is a pre madonna. He has been dropped from the county panel because he has failed to perform over the last two or three years. Instead of knuckling down, doing the hard work and training to get himself in the best shape he can be in he is looking for excuses and blaiming his club for his failure to perform. Did he think if he went to Dromintee then everything would be rosy in the garden again.

As someone said a few pages back his club got him to the level he was at through underage work. He won an All Ireland with the county that most lads would give a testicle for and he has turned his back on the club that gave him this opportunity. Shame him for his inability to realize his own failings and glory hunting.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

umgolaarmagh

Give the lad a break ffs.

Nice lad and maybe his circumstances has changed and he feels moving to a new club might help him regain the form that made him an all ireland winner

"Whatever it takes"  is a key phrase armagh have use over the years maybe philly feels that this is whats needed to get back to his best

TacadoirArdMhacha

Just a bit notice about the match on Saturday for anybody that's interested....

The Official Opening of the New Complex at St Patrick's GFC Cullyhanna will take place on Saturday 24th May 2008.

Details of which are as follows:-

1.30pm
Minor Football Challenge – St Patrick's (Armagh) v Ballyboden St Enda's (Dublin)

3.30pm
Official Opening Ceremony by GAA Director General, Paraic Duffy

4.00pm
Senior Football Challenge – Armagh v Dublin

Parking
Supervised parking will be available at St Patrick's Church and St Patrick's Primary School – both within walking distance of club.
Only Official Cars with passes will be allowed into the club grounds.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

doire na raithe

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on May 21, 2008, 11:47:05 PM
he wouldnt get on for us bc!

i seen him play for clady about a month ago against forkhill and a minor player never gave him a sniff of it!

he made the armagh panel on the back of good performances for uuj a long time ago and never been playing constantly at a level worth talking about, he is living in newry now and from what i am led to believe he had no intention of leaving clady until he was approached by cathal o'rourke about transferring to dromintee. would have imagined this sort of thing would have been sanctioned by the committee of dromintee before o'rourke had asked however this was not to be the case.

You've been led to believe a whole pile of bullshit then.

Uladh

Jaysus, very harsh and personal stuff on loughran when noone actually seems to know anything about the circumstances.

winsamsoon

Fair speak uladh. I am perhaps as guilty as most for surmising the circumstances around the issue.

Umgoolar; you are quoting armagh phrases there. But heres an even better one "you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear" I will leave you to interpret that.

umgolaarmagh

Win:  i have never heard an armagh footballer talk about silk, ears and sows

winsamsoon

well if you want to be childish then who mentioned any armagh footballers???

crossfire

Under 21
Cruppen beat Cross by a point
Good game

We might have snatched a draw at the end but what looked like a free not given

mousey

jimmy mckee worst referee in county couldn control the game at all ......... gave cruppen nothing

eire

Any word on the under 21 quarter final?

altovito

vry good gme in bridge betwen crupen and cross.
cross must av hit 5 wides al frm scorable angles in 1st 15min.crupen in charge frm then on wit m feris cleaning out mckena.the othr cruppen midfielder scored a goal aftr runin 40 yrds wit ball.cross midfield v poor in 1st half-wernt fit to keep up wit 2 crupen boys.crupen winin by bout 5pts at hlf time.
cross plyed beter in 2nd hlf n althugh crupen went 7 pts up cros came back wit mc kena n p mckeown playin wel.cros got it bck to 1 point n mckena went down on the 14 yrd line tryin to win a free to drw it.mckee didnt fal 4 it n mckena went mental.mc kee gave him a str8 red 4 verbals(does dat put him out of county?).frm kik out mckee gave free 2 crupen 4 nothin.game over.few oul boys frm cros wnt out 2 give mckee shit aftr gme,tho dnt tink this wil help mckena.
crupen didnt mis as much tho tink draw mite av been beter result

doire na raithe

Dromintee beat Granemore by a point. Dramatic finish apparently, scored a goal with the last kick of the game to win it.