Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: David McKeown on October 17, 2007, 10:57:00 PM
When we played up the bridge this year I thought they were the best team we played against all year.  Cutting through us at will.  Not so good when we had them down at our place but then again no one really was.
Down at your field david was the worst performance I seen from a 'bridge team for years and certainly from that team - your tight pitch just didn't do anything for our game.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

twotwocharlie

Jasus pints you're very touchy tonite.sorry to inform you asitis and i are not related.

mousey

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 17, 2007, 10:50:20 PM
I hear the ref was very generous to Cruppen  :-\
wudn say that the ref wuz generous to cruppen he may have gave a dodgy penalty but other than that he wuz dam poor for both sides wudn let him ref a underage  game :D

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mousey on October 17, 2007, 11:09:25 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 17, 2007, 10:50:20 PM
I hear the ref was very generous to Cruppen  :-\
wudn say that the ref wuz generous to cruppen he may have gave a dodgy penalty but other than that he wuz dam poor for both sides wudn let him ref a underage  game :D
I call two goals generous.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

David McKeown

Yeah Pints our pitch did that to a lot of teams, only really Cruppen and Kileavey  seemed to get to grips with it (and even they needed a half).  Paul McCormack beat us on his own for Keady and apart from that I thought we could and probably should have won all our home games.  We beat Granemore with their county men and the Tones comfortably I think we lost by two or less points to St Peters, St Michaels, Clann Eirean and Silverbridge.  Couldnt ever get that close away from home though.  Home advantage really is a strange thing
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Armagh CĂșchulainns

Onion Bag.

Ballymacnab was set as the venue.

Suppose since the game is now on saturday the home team has advantage again?

Its all about the Hurling.

McLovin

Both the Bridge Keeper and full back ploughed into the back of Perter Loughran last night for the penalty. How then can the decision be called harse???? Maybe the ref was just making up for the three blatant fouls on Loughran that he ignored before hand! For a team with nothing much to play for the Bridge really put up a great fight last night! Their forwards were on fire in the first half, don't think they're training anymore though and this really showed fitness wise towards the end. Field is absolutely amazing! Need binoculars to see from one end to the other, frigin wide too! Expect the Bridge to do real well at home next season, just hope to God we're not still in Div 2 to be playin them!!! 

Onion Bag

McLovin

Whats the story with Cruppen? Have they still got a chance of promotion? How many Games have they left to play, and who have they to play? Can they afford to lose any?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Six Inch Nail

Thanks McLovin, the field is looking well, the new lights brought abit to the occasion.  It was a fairly even game last night and I think a draw would have been a fair result considering both teams played good football at different stages throughout the match.  My two main gripes with the ref were two decisions he made in the second half - the cruppen keeper took a quick kick out with about 5 or 6 players inside the 21 yard line, ball went straight up the field and Peter Loughran scored a goal.  In the first half he made the Bridge keeper retake a kickout for exactly the same thing, abit of consistency wouldn't have went amiss there.  Also in the second half our keeper tried to catch a ball that was going wide.  Our umpire give it wide (there was no Cruppen umpire), the ref overruled him and give a 50 which was put over the bar.  That was 4 points, the difference in winning and losing the match.  That said, I thought the ref was fairly good, he let the game flow.
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

naka

cruppen have 3 games left and have to win all to play killeavey ina promotion playoff( assuming killeavey win their lastgame)Cruppen play st pats on sunday

Onion Bag

Killeavey play St peters at home on Sunday, cant see anything else but a Killeavey win, Jasus Cruppen will have it all to do, St pats on sunday, going well, One against Keady, who is the other?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

corn02

Dromintee beat Whitecross in the U21 last night.

illdecide

We play Killeavey on Sat in the U21 championship, but they have a senior game on Sunday to get promotion you would have thought a Fri or Thurs night under the lights would have been better. We were more than willing to accomadate them but they didn't want to ??? Maybe they are just confident of an easy win and no hits :o
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

They play the Peter's on Sunday illdecide, so I would say the under 21 game will be more taxing than the senior one