Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

QuoteIts actually not too bad if you know where your going. 

That would have helped alright.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

goh4205

The standard of ref's is brutal whatever county it is.  I work with a guy from the Harps club in Armagh City & he told me some months ago that a menber of their club agreed to become a club ref, he was expecting to btake part in a course of some discription, but was told to call in a pick up his uniform and that was it.  Would there be any truth to this or is it a bullshit story?

diesel-smuggler

cruppen beat tir na nog in the championship quarter final replay yesterday by 8 points in abbey park

tir na nog led by a point at half time, cruppen moved paul keenan into full-forward at the start of the second half and the aerial bombardment of high ball into the tir na nog full-back line paid dividends for cruppen as they got the vital scores to go in front and then go on to win the match very comfortably!

the first half cruppen played some terrible football often taking the wrong option and maybe another solo or a handpass out of the ball instead of getting it in early, however, in saying that tir na nog failed to capitalise on these mistakes and only led by a point at the interval.

peter loughran led his marker a merry dance scoring from impossible angles left or right foot, paul keenan began to run at the full back line who couldnt cope with his skill or pace and he placed seamus kane in for the only goal of the game to put cruppen 3 in front 10 minutes into the second half!

tir na nog started to bitch among themselves and even the waterboy for them fell to the ground in a dramatic attempt to get a cruppen player sent off! i wonder how they ever beat clan na gael in the first round they must be really bad altogether

mark rooney is playing some stuff for us it is just a pity that he won't change his county allegiance as he would be a perfect corner back for armagh!

we have drawn some team called crossmaglen in the semi-final  :-[ ;) :D ;D shit happens!

Goats Do Shave

Is that Seamus Kane from St Patick's Park?

I'm told he was a great soccer player once!?

diesel-smuggler

yeah thats him alright!

he played irish league for portadown, newry town and armagh city, he still plays now for banbridge town in the b- division

thebandit

How did the intermediate final go last night?

I was at the first 10 mins and Culloville went into a 4-0 lead with Gerard Callan scoring a fisted goal, they were beaten 16-15. What was the story?

Uladh

terrible game of football on saturday evening. cross set a great tempo from the beginning and dromintee just couldn't hadle it. john mcentee had a great game and how dromintee didn't put aor on him i'll never know. the supporters antics are par for the course now so no surprises any more really.

Cruppin produced a good display. well impressed with loughran. how did tir na nog get past clans?

Smokin Joe

The one thing that really surprised me was that Dromintee kept MOR on the edge of the square for the entire first half.  They won absolutely no ball during the first 30 minutes, so I may as well have stood on the edge of the square.  Surely his strength is in making a nuisance of himself around the middle of the field?

Agree with John Mac, Rocco (I think his name is) just wasn't fit for him.  I noticed that where there were a few handbags thrown at the start of the game that John Mac threw a couple at Rocco, doubtless that would have softened him up a little.

And the lasting memory of Saturday night is that if Joe Mor was adamant of playing two of his sons on the team then Tony would have been a much better option.

pintsofguinness

QuoteThe one thing that really surprised me was that Dromintee kept MOR on the edge of the square for the entire first half.
same here

was kernan 13?

Smokin Joe

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 27, 2007, 12:51:06 PM
QuoteThe one thing that really surprised me was that Dromintee kept MOR on the edge of the square for the entire first half.
same here

was kernan 13?

Tony was 13

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Smokin Joe on August 27, 2007, 01:00:44 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 27, 2007, 12:51:06 PM
same here

was kernan 13?

Tony was 13
Aye was thinking that.  he didn't impress me.  The only ones that looked like county players of John Mac and AK.  Aidan O'Rourke done alright but is two stone overweight. 
Stephen Kernan done nothing, though I think it was him that kicked a good point.  He seems to hide!

charlie stubbs

diesal smuggler mark rooney wasnt even on the down panel before he joined you so doubt that he would be an ideal corner back for armagh.

was at the cross dromintee game,i have spent better fivers in my time thats for sure.cross just put donaldson infront of oneill before the kickouts and he did nothing until a bit of a ten minute worst in the 2nd half.in fairness he wasnt helped by bad kickouts and a lack of support from the half backs and forwards winning little break.

i was surprised orourke stayed on the edhe of the square but i think they needed someone in there to win the ball that was one of their main problems last wk.it was as if they needed a marty o rouke in both the half and full forward line!

if dromintee where to cause an upset they needed their big players to shinein the orouke's,dyas and oneill and cross just never let them do this

winsamsoon

Pint believe it or not people are still jealous of the clans because of our past. I have stated before and broken cross bar also stated. The same is now happening to the cross because they are successful and what other reason is there for the bias towrds the cross???? Goah is from louth he has told you this can you not accept this at face value ??? My overall point was that teams and supporters shouldn't go shooting their mouths of when they have never won anything in their entire existance. Just for you uadh i threw in a few spelling mistakes on my previous posts to keep you entertained.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

winsam
QuoteThe same is now happening to the cross because they are successful and what other reason is there for the bias towrds the cross?
I've outlined reasons why they're not liked.

QuoteMy overall point was that teams and supporters shouldn't go shooting their mouths of when they have never won anything in their entire existance.
What's this about?

diesel-smuggler

charlie,

mark rooney was out of club football in down the whole of last year due to a personal dispute with newry bosco therefore ruling him out off the down county team.

i know for a fact that in the games that mark rooney has played for carrickcruppen since his transfer ross carr has had him watched on two occasions!
armagh isn't exactly coming down with good corner backs at the minute and rooney for one would have been an ideal replacement for enda mcnulty