Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank Everlast

illdecide,
wat time is that minor match 2nite??
the clans and tullysaran are the 2 favourites for the minor championship this year i believe so it should be a good Game!

full back

Heard that Clans could not field either :o
How times have changed illdecide. This time last year the Clans were riding high at the top of Div 1
No doubt it is all a conspiracy by those pesky referees ;)

illdecide

Quote from: Hank Everlast on June 25, 2007, 12:51:49 PM
illdecide,
the clans and tullysaran are the 2 favourites for the minor championship this year i believe so it should be a good Game!

the match is in Davitt Park, 7:30 throw in. Clans beat Saren in the U16 county final 2 years ago so they will be looking for revenge tonight and i supose if they got 4 of their players onto the county panel it should be a cracker.

As for the match that did not happen at the weekend, i was not aware that Cross got the points (is that certain???) As a player i was told on Friday night the match was off and was not given an explanation why nor did i ask. I was lead to belive that Cross agrred to put the game off so i assumed it would be replayed at a later date. But as you guys have stated on the board there must be more versions floating around, and i wouldn't be surprised if we lost the points and if that is the case our management needs a severe beating >:(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Quote from: illdecide on June 25, 2007, 01:15:34 PM
Quote from: Hank Everlast on June 25, 2007, 12:51:49 PM
illdecide,

the match is in Davitt Park, 7:30 throw in. Clans beat Saren in the U16 county final 2 years ago so they will be looking for revenge tonight and i supose if they got 4 of their players onto the county panel it should be a cracker.

As for the match that did not happen at the weekend, i was not aware that Cross got the points (is that certain???) As a player i was told on Friday night the match was off and was not given an explanation why nor did i ask. I was lead to belive that Cross agrred to put the game off so i assumed it would be replayed at a later date. But as you guys have stated on the board there must be more versions floating around, and i wouldn't be surprised if we lost the points and if that is the case our management needs a severe beating >:(

That is exactly the sort of attitude & lack of discipline that got the Clans into this mess :D

illdecide

Quote from: full back on June 25, 2007, 01:06:58 PM
Heard that Clans could not field either :o
How times have changed illdecide. This time last year the Clans were riding high at the top of Div 1
No doubt it is all a conspiracy by those pesky referees ;)

Sorry to disapoint you FB but it was nothing to do with referee's. The Clans are a bit light in numbers at the minute and i would not tell you a lie about that but we def could have fielded a team against Cross(def wouldn't have been our strongest team but we would have fielded). We have 4-5 minors on the panel and because of the minor championship tonight it would not have been fair to ask these cubs to play against Cross on a sunday and expect to be at their best for the championship the following night as well as the risk of injury.

And yes it's times like this where you find out who the real club -men are and who the assholes are, when your winning you could field enough for 2 teams but a few defeats and the usuall suspects all of a suden disapear of the panel.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Uladh

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 25, 2007, 12:24:40 PM
In regards to Cruppen, I may be wrong but if they made the Final, they are the last team to beat Cross in any senior final at all levels, back in 1982 I think.  Could they repeat it? ;)

Assuming cross are there of course bc....

brokencrossbar1

Hence the wink.  Teams who assume anything generally get nothing!

corn02

So what does everyone think the Armagh gasme being in Derry?

High Catch

full back

Although I am disappointed it has been moved, the county board deserve everything they get. How long have they had now to develop a ground worthy of holding a championship game?

High Catch

What has happened? Where has game been moved to?

corn02

High Catch, the game has been announced at 4pm in Celtic Park on the 7th because Armagh does not have a suitable venue.

I still expect it to be moved to Clones, and I assume Armagh would have preference it again highlights the moron attitude of the County Board in not cashing in on the post 2000 craze.

Uladh

who says its fixed for derry? i havent seen nor heard this from anywhere official yet?

corn02

Blacksheep posted on the qualifiers thread. I assume he is not making it up.

corn02

Now appears that Armagh will be on a double header on the Sunday judging by conversation on the qualifiers thread.