China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

Lock down is starting to become stressful I would say for all concerned as we have no end in sight as such.
I would love to know the r rate if we exclude care homes because I think at this stage in NI at least it would be quite low.
As I have said before the  uk and Irish reactions to this flu will cause economic chaos to young people because come  the autumn redundancies will start kicking in.
Furlough  monies is like a Large bill being paid every month at the moment.
We should look back on this thread in 5 years time to ascertain if the cure was harsher than the illness .
No one can guess when we get out to the other side but truthfully we need some dates in NI to focus on.

Itchy

In the Bundesliga on tv at moment, players on field crashing into each other with no masks. Subs on bench, sit 2 meters apart but all have to wear masks. I think this shows the truth about masks, a gimmick to make us feel safe rather than be safe.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Itchy on May 16, 2020, 02:31:33 PM
In the Bundesliga on tv at moment, players on field crashing into each other with no masks. Subs on bench, sit 2 meters apart but all have to wear masks. I think this shows the truth about masks, a gimmick to make us feel safe rather than be safe.

I don't know that it says that. It says that people feel sport is exempt from the restrictions(all of them)which puzzles me. Trying to do something physically rigorous and wearing a mask which will presumably impair breathing in some capacity doesn't make sense either.

J70

Its quite simple.

The masks are to minimize your dispersal of aerosols from your mouth.

The lads on the bench are sitting together for up to 45 minutes at a time. The longer two people are conversing or otherwise in close proximity, the greater the odds of transmission of an infectious dose of the virus taking place.

I don't think anyone is saying the lads on the pitch have zero risk, but at least they're not sitting in close proximity to each other, chatting away one on one.

Smurfy123

Tommy sport certainly isn't exempt from this. They have been shut down for 61 days
We could say the same for garden centres beaches etc opening on Monday.
Why do you say sport is exempt even though the have been shut down?
Radio thought you may struggle to reply to my facts

Itchy

Quote from: hardstation on May 16, 2020, 02:42:51 PM
Is the 2m apart also a gimmick in this case?

In this case it is, not much point sitting 2m apart from your fellow subs then go on as a sub and start doing sliding tackles on a player from another team.

Captain Obvious

Reading this the six counties need to significantly improve their testing and contact tracing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Care2much18/status/1261573395201904642

imtommygunn

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 16, 2020, 03:25:01 PM
Tommy sport certainly isn't exempt from this. They have been shut down for 61 days
We could say the same for garden centres beaches etc opening on Monday.
Why do you say sport is exempt even though the have been shut down?
Radio thought you may struggle to reply to my facts

Socially distance everywhere except the pitch.

Garden centres and beaches should have social distancing in effect. Whether they are or not is a different matter. Expectation of society is to socially distance except on a pitch.

HiMucker

This is typical of this discussion board. Your coming out with this because of the view you had on people who wore masks at the start, that they were depriving front line NHS workers of masks. Which wasnt actually the case, but I understand why the government didn't want to tell people to wear them until they had their supply chain sorted. Your doubling down now. The evidence is irrefutable that they prevent  spread. Posters have tried to explain to you why that is, but you have chose to ignore that rather than admit you may have got it wrong. Your saying that it is a gimmick while at the same time I bet you cough in to your sleeve or elbow and away from people? Do you not see the contradiction there?

charlieTully

I suppose Smurph and boys will do the decent thing and stay at home and die instead of looking hospital treatment when the second wave kicks in because they couldn't stay in for a few weeks. Leave the ventilators to those who have followed the rules . It's been a few weeks ffs.

imtommygunn

Interesting. I don't understand the child death in Switzerland thing. So it wasn't a child and they were 108? Surely someone would have noticed this...

He talks about the second wave basically being nonsense. I have some friends who are high up doctors and would be very clued in and they are very concerned about a second wave. I don't fully buy into that.

Smurfy123

Naka very interesting article
Second wave? We really are still waiting on this massive first wave that has not come
And I will say it again that is in all respect to everyone who has lost lives. It really is
How can South Korea have no cases with no lockdown? An exceptional plan that is why.

mackers

There's an interview with Professor Dolores Cahill doing the rounds that follows a similar theme to that article also.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Smurfy123

92 confirmed cases in the south today
144 hospitals in the south of sort
All cancer appointments cancelled
Makes you think